• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 1, 2013 (Dec 31 - Jan 06)

Bruno MB

10./17. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 35.624 / 373.096 (+72%)
12./00. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040) - 34.529 / 375.062

These two Namco Bandai Games titles will cross the half-million mark.

test_account

XP-39C²
KZX8t.png

for you guys
Thanks :) But it is missing the 2 latest week of data for WiiU.

PSP is still selling a lot. Sony should just discontinue it so that software support and sales for the Vita would increase.

What makes you think that software support and sales wouldn't just go to the 3DS?

February-March will make or break Vita in Japan.

If releases like PSO2, Soul Sacrifice, Tales of Hearts R and One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 don't move some units, and cannot manage to stretch sales until Golden Week at the start of May, we'll have a bleak year ahead of us.

FFX HD might move some units though...

Yeah but when is FFX HD going to release :p.

Lets all be worried about the Wii U, just like we were with the 3DS.

This is pretty much the same argument used with the vita (but the PS3 turned things around!) and just like in that case the situations aren't comparable.

Sony systems in general are selling weirdly this holiday season, they're not following the usual trends of yester-years. Still, its a surprising number for the Vita but so much if you take into account the used games market, which would be very attractive for niche systems like the Vita.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I don't think the Wii U numbers are flat out awful, but they certainly portend a very rough Q1. The Japanese release schedule is completely barren right now.

test_account

XP-39C²
Apperantly the Vita is a success now, selling a staggering 33k during the second biggest selling week of the year.
We already knew about the 3DS breaking 10 million since yesterday:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507305

Most people probably already saw it and commented there, and since we already knew about it, there is no surprise. I guess that is the reason. The Vita selling 33k is the real surprise in this thread.

Road

No longer being tracked. Same with PS2 I believe.

I see PS2 numbers. Maybe starting next week?

DS and PS2 aren't tracked anymore

They probably still tracked, Media Create and Famitsu aren't just publishing their numbers for it anymore, only for paying subscribers I imagine.

Its already shipped 500k, so yes...eventually.

RFM has shipped 400k, unless I missed a newer announcement.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I sent my buddy in Japan a 32GB Vita card last week as a gift. Vita sales rise.

Coincidence?

Maybe the person that said Nintendo is following the 3DS strategy with the Wii U is right, after all they do have a whole year on the market to themselves, a price drop when if/when a next-gen console release coupled with its own "trinity" lineup for the year end would wonders.

Wii U continues it's steady pace and Vita shows a faint pulse.

Can the Wii U take on the PS3 and rise to supremacy before the PS4 is announced, thus increasing the numbers of console competitors for the consumers cash? This will be interesting to see going forward in 2013.

mclem

DS and PS2 aren't tracked anymore

Given how long after its natural end that the PS2 was tracked, it strikes me as a little early to stop tracking the DS. Not that it's particularly problematic, or wrong, just annoyingly inconsistent!

smbu2000

Haha, that Vita gif was great!

Anyway, I'm not sure about the rise, but I did see some places having new years sales on it.

For example, all of the Yamada Denki advertisements, on one day they had a 3G Vita with&#12288;Hot Shots Golf 6, 4GB memory card and a screen protector sheet for 20,000 yen.
Limited quantities of course, Vita sales aren't that high, so any boost is likely to have quite an effect.

Striek

Maybe the person that said Nintendo is following the 3DS strategy with the Wii U is right, after all they do have a whole year on the market to themselves, a price drop when if/when a next-gen console release coupled with its own "trinity" lineup for the year end would wonders.

The 3DS strategy to sell less than anticipated, lose money and then sell less than anticipated again? Genius!

How soon was the 3DS doing under 50k a week?

6 weeks.

The 3DS strategy to sell less than anticipated, lose money and then sell less than anticipated again? Genius!

Well releasing early helped them make Vita irrelevant in the biggest territory that mattered. Unfortunately, the year headstart probably won't work out nearly as well here.

You think Nintendo isnt satisfied with the 3DS performance in Japan ?

Pretty sure he meant in the stretch while it was at 250.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

You think Nintendo isnt satisfied with the 3DS performance in Japan ?

stilgar

If the 2 new(est) platforms are in trouble right now ... well, next generation could definitely be a graveyard for consoles.

Top Bottom