• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2017 (Mar 13 - Mar 19)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Considering how many big mistakes they did this gen, it is not surprising to see the close down here. I wonder how many small developer nowadays in japan would just prefer to stay kinda indies with small number of devs rather than go medium size like Dingo here.

On the other hand, the next MC thread is going to slow lol. With Oregano gone.^^

Just remembered that tomorrow there's the God Eater Anniversary livestream as well. We'll witness what happens without Oregano XD

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wasn't one of the worst weeks on record last year (or was it 2015?). Hopefully this year will have no such week, but yeah, most of April will not be pretty.

Oh, and in case some EU folks are wondering: new data now out at 2PM BST / 3PM CEST due to DST.

I wonder how Switch is going to fare in the weeks between April 3rd and April 28th. Will its own period of major shortages and unsatisfied demand last long enough? We'll have to see.

If possible, I'll post historical MC numbers for the aforementioned weeks for brand new consoles + last year.

EDIT: Probably it's better to wait for the next thread, at this point.

KtSlime

Well if the next Monster Hunter is Switch/PS4 and I suppose PC also for the West, in theory the Monster Hunter squabbling should be gone for good. As someone who doesn't particularly care about the game, going multiplatform would be ideal if only to stop the unnecessary pettiness. The sooner Capcom announce it, the better

Nah, unfortunately it will simply turn into "the Switch is holding it back" pettiness.

So Switch is still behind the WiiU launch. What a failure eh? Not looking good for Nintendo. Anyone else thinks Xenoblade 2 might go multiplatform? Am I the only one who sees Mario Odyssey on the Scorpio too?

Oh, more than that. Autumn firmware update will strip Switch of most of its functions and makes it a pure smartglass device for Scorpio. It will be called Smartich. Only for OS and lobbies of course, since it is to weak to run the gritty Super Mario Odysslay in portable mode. Smartich will be available in Japan first, late 2018 in Russia and Croatia and never in the rest of the World.

test_account

XP-39C²
Nah, unfortunately it will simply turn into "the Switch is holding it back" pettiness.
I doubt that actually. Might be a few comments about it, but i cant see it being a continuing topic. If the base game is based on 720p, that alone will be a huge jump from 3DS' 240p.

L~A

Media Create:

Switch 78,441
New3DS LL 29,771
PS4 25,472
Vita 7,574
2DS 6,722
PS4 Pro 5,261
PS3 2,930
New3DS 2,866
Wii U 411
Xbox One 115

MHXX: 280k
BOTW: 39k
1-2-Switch: 21k

Wow, great MHXX and Switch sales.

Hero

Wow, so people actually bought switches with no games just to play the testfire?

Well, Switch hardware was 78k units. BotW and 1 2 Switch amounted to 60k, so depending on what the other software sold. I think the Splatoon 2 test fire definitely pushed people to get their Switch early.

Top Bottom