• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 32, 2017 (Aug 07 - Aug 13)

ggx2ac

I mean, I also imagine more and more people are buying digital, I wonder what the real decline is with that taken into account

The decline is due to current platforms being at the end of their life cycle (3DS, Vita), and platforms whose performance is mediocre (PS4), that there's not enough new platforms to stop the decline in software (Switch).

D.Lo

The decline is due to current platforms being at the end of their life cycle (3DS, Vita), and platforms whose performance is mediocre (PS4), that there's not enough new platforms to stop the decline in software (Switch).
Yep. It's a transition year between the long-in-the-tooth 3DS and supply constrained Switch, and no other platform on the market really meets any fair historical definition of strong success.

I guess typically in the past you have a buffer since new handheld generations and new consoles generations don't come at the same time (eg DS before Wii), largely because hardware vendors don't want to launch two platforms in the same year, so the transition gets straddled.

Sandfox

I know that, and I like some of the things they are doing (multiple characters on the map) but overall it lacks fan service (more popular characters ACROSS the series) and content (modes, costumes, etc).

That's reassuring.

The official site IS barebones. They better be revealing more stuff soon. We are a month away from launch.
That's pretty normal. Including original characters made for the games:
-Hyrule Warriors had 13 characters pulling from OoT, TP, and SS
-DQH had 13 characters pulling from 4,5,6, and 8
-One Piece had 13 characters pulling from the main group and the latest arc at the time

The same is true for other Warriors games as well.

"We will be releasing Monster Hunter: Dancing and Monster Hunter Stories 2: Electric Boogaloo for continued support on Nintendo Switch, of which both will be released only in Japan. We plan to release 'Monster Hunter' on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, which is a follow up to Monster Hunter World and is Monster Hunter 6 even though not in name.(Keep in mind this will release a month before the release of PS5 and Nextbox). To keep investors happy we will be including highly monotized gear such as skins and farming special felynes, Thank you."

It's not a year's old port so no. lol

I wonder if at any point the charts will just have the Switch and the PS4 or if the 3DS will be tracked long enough to last until the PS5.

Branduil

I wonder if at any point the charts will just have the Switch and the PS4 or if the 3DS will be tracked long enough to last until the PS5.

The 3DS will probably have an extremely long, if small tail since it will remain the cheapest console by far with a huge library. I would not be surprised if it's still selling a few dozen units years from now, just like the PS3 is still charting now.

It will sell 200k again if that.

Most people interested in Xenoblade don't own a Switch yet. Maybe some that bought Zelda and soon Fire Emblem Warriors.

If it's a great game it might have some legs, as more people pick up a Switch for Tales and Dragon Quest.
Perhaps I'm being optimistic but, I think unlike the previous entries Xenoblade 2 is being released at a good time. It will depend a lot on reception but this time there is an actual healthy and active audience. Xenoblade released after a core segment of the Wii audience had left and it received little marketing. It got as popular as it did due to word of mouth. Xenoblade Chronicles X released on Wii U in April on an install base of a little over 2 million. It also was not as well received as the first title due to the change in gameplay. Xenoblade 3D was a launch title and playable only on N3DS. N3DS ended up selling 70K opening week with Xenoblade 3D reaching ~90k LTD. I could see Xenoblade 2 doing better given its going to be on a new mainline title on a portable. Jrpgs tend to perform better on portables.

I'm not sure about FEW WW sales. Don't think it'll have as much pull as HW despite being on Switch. It's one of the dullest exclusives in the line up and I'm not sure how many people care about individual FE characters. I think Nintendo might overestimate their demand seeing as they got like 5 slots in Smash. Kind of like AC amiibo

Xenoblade's best chance will probably be 2 early on Switch's life cycle. An open world JRPG of its size might impress people on the go.

Just to clarify, I meant the mainline FE releasing in 2018. Not FEW. I'm not sure what to expect from FEW, maybe 200K LTD between 3DS and Switch.

FEW was a mistake.

I'm not sure how they managed to FUCK UP such an easy sell.
Meh, they know exactly what they're doing. The FE audience has proven they will spend a lot of money on DLC. They'll get about 150-200k out of FEW. Then they'll release multiple DLC packs one being Roy, Lynn, Hector, Florina and Marcus. Another with Leif, Seliph, Julia and Julius. Another with Eirika, Ephraim, Lyon and Vigarde. Final one with Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, Nailah, and Rafiel. Sell them all for $20 a pop with a few new weapons and one new map.

I have no idea what you are saying here. And you're wrong, 3DS is was ahead of GBA, aligned, even before the legs cut off.

Reality is, console home market HAS collapsed, largely because there was no Wii, and PS4 is selling the same as PS3, which was last gen's loser console. 3DS has held onto 80% of the DS's market, the big difference in handheld os the Vita was a crater as well, like the Wii U.
I'm not sure what you were bothering to correct me on in the first place? My entire point was that the market last gen supported two consoles and two handhelds with PSP, DS, Wii and PS3. This gen, one handheld and console bombed spectacularly while the lead console and handheld performed notably worse than the previous generations lead systems.

My point before you derailed my post was that I believe the market has spoken that Switch, PS4 and Mobile is the way to go for the future. I think reducing on the number of systems on the market will reduce the strain on developers to support all systems and it could result in a higher software output.

Gradivus

lol it's not gonna hit 500k in Japan. Do you realize how hard it is for a game to break 500k in Japan?
Sorry, I was replying back to his original post about the mainline game's sales, agreeing it will probably do about 500k.

7/20 games of this weeks top 20 are over 500k. It's not as hard as you're implying.

I think he's talking about FE16 there, not Warriors

(or rather I hope he is)
I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors 3DS/Switch couldn't outsell Echoes, there is no way that gonna do 500k in Japan.

casiopao

I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors 3DS/Switch couldn't outsell Echoes, there is no way that gonna do 500k in Japan.

Could not sell Echoes is going to be crazy bomba lol. Hitting Echoes number for me is like a damn easy mark. Reaching 500k is probably going to be difficult though.

Gradivus

Could not sell Echoes is going to be crazy bomba lol. Hitting Echoes number for me is like a damn easy mark. Reaching 500k is probably going to be difficult though.

Hyrule Warriors only got 70k at launch for the Wii U, let it did well in the west. I'm guessing the same will happen with FEW.

NimbusD

Yeah true, except platforms at the end of their life cycle also have a huge install base. I wonder how to decline compares to other generations, and again I wonder how the prevalence of digital plays into it which was my main point that life cycles still doesn't address at all. It's just idle wondering tho since we don't have and won't get those numbers.

Aters

Sorry, I was replying back to his original post about the mainline game's sales, agreeing it will probably do about 500k.

7/20 games of this weeks top 20 are over 500k. It's not as hard as you're implying.

Te next mainline FE can do 500k sure. But regarding this week top 20, I think right after Splatoon and DQ is not a good time to measure how the market usually performs. 500k is DQH number, and DQ is far far bigger than FE.

Xbro

Dunno. But the whole ranting about the characters is exclusive to GAF and its community of hardcore FE fans.
Yeah it's exclusive to GAF...And Serenes Forest, and the subreddit, and youtube apparently and, you know, half the dev team.

Sterok

Fire Emblem Warriors won't touch Hyrule Warriors worldwide because A) Fire Emblem is still way smaller than Zelda, and B) it's a spin-off of a turn-based strategy series instead of an action series. Less potential crossover with people who like Musou. FE might win in Japan where the gap in popularity is less apparent + Switch success, but I doubt it will go that well in the west. That's my hot take at least.

D.Lo

Fire Emblem Warriors won't touch Hyrule Warriors worldwide because A) Fire Emblem is still way smaller than Zelda, and B) it's a spin-off of a turn-based strategy series instead of an action series. Less potential crossover with people who like Musou. FE might win in Japan where the gap in popularity is less apparent + Switch success, but I doubt it will go that well in the west. That's my hot take at least.
Sounds right to me. The only wrinkle is that the Switch is a much more desirable console, so rising tide lifting all boats etc.

Fire Emblem fans respond well to fan service, they are smaller but more dedicated comparatively. Also while I agree Zelda is much more popular. The Switch may sell more in Japan by the time of FEW release than Wii U systems when HW released. Also Hyrule Warriors 3DS combined with Wii U did about 250K. Could see FEW doing 150K LTD minimum with 300K at the likely max.

ggx2ac

Yeah true, except platforms at the end of their life cycle also have a huge install base. I wonder how to decline compares to other generations, and again I wonder how the prevalence of digital plays into it which was my main point that life cycles still doesn't address at all. It's just idle wondering tho since we don't have and won't get those numbers.

That doesn't mean much at all. The 3DS is six years old, that doesn't mean that all 23 million 3DS owners are still actively buying games for it. Otherwise, Dragon Quest XI should have actually done much better in sales than it has so far.

You asked what the "real decline" is and you're saying that the life cycle doesn't address this at all? You think digital sales are having more of an impact on physical software sales than the life cycle of a platform?

Here's a chart for the sales Nintendo has made off the 3DS in Japan which includes hardware and software:
DHpwyBfVYAATdWJ.jpg

3DS Software Sales units for Japan (Counts games that have a physical and download version):

FY3/2017
Software Sales: 17.84 million units
New titles: 71

FY3/2016
Software Sales: 20.34 million units
New titles: 94

FY3/2015
Software Sales: 24.02 million units
New titles: 101

FY3/2014
Software Sales: 26.77 million units
New titles: 129

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/earnings/index.html

I put up the earnings releases link so you can confirm it.

So look at that, there is a decline in new titles and software sales. What's especially telling is that FY3/2016 had almost as many titles as FY3/2015 but 4 million less software sales.

The life cycle has an affect on software sales, just because the 3DS install base is bigger doesn't mean that the whole base is active. Otherwise FY3/2017 should have been the peak of software sales, not FY3/2014 from the range of years I just picked.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
i don't think that's comparable to the above examples. But do you think in the cases you know of that it compromised sales for a given platform as much? Would be great if you mentioned concrete examples.

RE 4 was known as an exclusive up until that point. MH:XX was exclusive to the 3DS and most people expectations were for the series to continue on the 3DS succesor. And the EA case was really something else.

I guess my question would be how much you felt Resident Evil 4 being announced for PS2 actually compromised its sales. Like... it still moved 1.6 million copies, which was a lot back in the day. The PS2 version moved 2.3 million copies, so it wasn't even that far off despite the massive install base difference.

I guess it might have impaired GameCubes from being bought, but that's not really Capcom's concern, since they just want to maximize sales among a system's existing userbase. They don't really care if they sell copies on PS2 or GameCube as long as they get the non-overlap audience on both. I would consider undermining a product to be more along the lines of announcing an even more impressive game such that people don't want to buy the one you're releasing right now.

NimbusD

That doesn't mean much at all. The 3DS is six years old, that doesn't mean that all 23 million 3DS owners are still actively buying games for it. Otherwise, Dragon Quest XI should have actually done much better in sales than it has so far.

You asked what the "real decline" is and you're saying that the life cycle doesn't address this at all? You think digital sales are having more of an impact on physical software sales than the life cycle of a platform?

Here's a chart for the sales Nintendo has made off the 3DS in Japan which includes hardware and software:

3DS Software Sales units for Japan (Counts games that have a physical and download version):

FY3/2017
Software Sales: 17.84 million units
New titles: 71

FY3/2016
Software Sales: 20.34 million units
New titles: 94

FY3/2015
Software Sales: 24.02 million units
New titles: 101

FY3/2014
Software Sales: 26.77 million units
New titles: 129

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/earnings/index.html

I put up the earnings releases link so you can confirm it.

So look at that, there is a decline in new titles and software sales. What's especially telling is that FY3/2016 had almost as many titles as FY3/2015 but 4 million less software sales.

The life cycle has an affect on software sales, just because the 3DS install base is bigger doesn't mean that the whole base is active. Otherwise FY3/2017 should have been the peak of software sales, not FY3/2014 from the range of years I just picked.

Yeah dude, I'm not saying any of that is untrue. In fact none of this was even my original point. Though you're making valid arguments, they're only tangential to what I was wondering out loud.

I seriously was just wondering what the decline would look like if digital were taken into account. I'm just always a little bummed that we'll never get a real complete view of digital sales, it's a pretty significant gap in data and it makes you wonder when you see consistent YOY decline among all systems.

EDIT: tho thanks for that sales data that includes total data for the 3ds that's pretty cool.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This week was very light.

Road to TGS.™

Notes:
- The list will include all games announced from August 1st until the end of TGS, except mobile will be focused on games from traditional publishers, or really notable non-traditional publisher games.
- The list will include the title, genre, publisher, developer (if known), release window (if known), and any pertinent notes.
- I won't be including things until they at least have one platform announced. Similarly, games announced prior to this window with no platforms count as a new announcement. Beyond that, I'm being a bit more generous with inclusions instead of waiting until the full details show up unless we just clearly don't know enough to list it.
- This will be the Switch's first Road to TGS.

Sword Art Online: Final Bullet
Publisher/Developer: Bandai Namco/DIMPS
Platform(s): PS4/XB1/PC
Genre: Action
Release Window: Early 2018
Notes: This is an Unreal Engine 4 based four player co-op action game based on Sword Art Online's Gun Gale Online arc, though it seems to have all the characters who are popular in general even if they weren't in that arc. Some people compared it to Freedom Wars, but to me it looks like a pretty straight forward co-op action RPG with a loot focus. The enemies even drop Destiny engrams.

Tekken Mobile
Publisher/Developer: Bandai Namco
Platform(s): iOS/Android
Genre: Fighting
Release Window: Soon, already in limited release
Notes: This is Namco's entry into the very popular mobile fighting game genre. It seems to be going global off the bat, which is uncommon for Japanese mobile games.

Naruto x Boruto: Borutage
Publisher/Developer: Bandai Namco
Platform(s): iOS/Android
Genre: Strategy
Release Window: 2017
Notes: This seems to be conceptually somewhere around Clash of Clans, but the actual combat setup seems different. It's not entirely clear.

Platform running totals:
PS4: 12
Switch: 8
3DS: 5
Vita: 3
PC: 2
XB1: 1
Wii U: 1
Traditional Publisher Mobile: 4

Previous Posts:
Week 1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245485084&postcount=1638
Week 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246012010&postcount=609

ggx2ac

Yeah dude, I'm not saying any of that is untrue. In fact none of this was even my original point. Though you're making valid arguments, they're only tangential to what I was wondering out loud.

I seriously was just wondering what the decline would look like if digital were taken into account. I'm just always a little bummed that we'll never get a real complete view of digital sales, it's a pretty significant gap in data and it makes you wonder when you see consistent YOY decline among all systems.

EDIT: tho thanks for that sales data that includes total data for the 3ds that's pretty cool.

Okay, I misread your wording.

So you were just wondering what the chart would actually look like if it had digital sales included?

It honestly wouldn't change the decline significantly, you'd see more software sales for each year but the pattern of a decline each year still occurs, there is no title I can think of in Japan that would force people to buy it digitally only except for Minecraft (until the physical version released for Vita) and even that alone would not be responsible for changing any of the software years shown from a decline into growth for the whole year.

I guess my question would be how much you felt Resident Evil 4 being announced for PS2 actually compromised its sales. Like... it still moved 1.6 million copies, which was a lot back in the day. The PS2 version moved 2.3 million copies, so it wasn't even that far off despite the massive install base difference.
That's rather easy to respond Nirolak. It compromised at least more than 1 game sale.

My question to you would be why you as a game executive would be willing to sacrifice even 1 sale?

i would follow up with: What was the strategic gain to announce the RE 4 port before the original's release when said port was almost a year away? Why not announced it some months later?

I guess it might have impaired GameCubes from being bought, but that's not really Capcom's concern, since they just want to maximize sales among a system's existing userbase. They don't really care if they sell copies on PS2 or GameCube as long as they get the non-overlap audience on both. I would consider undermining a product to be more along the lines of announcing an even more impressive game such that people don't want to buy the one you're releasing right now.
Publishers also want to make profits as fast as possible, i would think specially for a project that consumed so much resources as RE4. "Compromising" the sales of the cuarrent available product for one in the distant future without any apparent reasonable justification always felt odd to my tiny little mind XD

Returning to the original question: What like for like situations to this one have we seen
that are not already mentioned?

Finally, on a tangent, at the time of RE4 release the code been played on a GC was a more secure sale for Capcom than in the case of PS2. Piracy at that time was ubiquitous for PS2. The more one goes iside the rabbit hole the less sense it makes to me.

Oregano

You mean like when Capcom announced Resident Evil 6 on the eve of Revelations release?(they even gave it TV spots around that time too, almost a year before its release)

D.Lo

That's rather easy to respond Nirolak. It compromised at least more than 1 game sale.

My question to you would be why you as a game executive would be willing to sacrifice even 1 sale?

i would follow up with: What was the strategic gain to announce the RE 4 port before the original's release when said port was almost a year away? Why not announced it some months later?
The actual reason it was announced was their games had sold poorly recently, and they announced a port to the highest selling console of the next entry in their biggest game series at an investor meeting to stave off the hounds. They even announced it would have bunch of extra content to make up for getting it later, so PS2 buyers would still be getting the 'best' version (it ended up sub par, but announcement wise), so they could imply to investors 'see we are serving the biggest market'. Aka the entire thing was a weak reactionary move that compromised a soon to be released product. They've done this shit several times.

The bigger fail to me was missing Christmas. It literally missed the end of year holidays on GameCube by a couple of weeks. Which means it missed out on the biggest sales period at launch and Game of the Year exposure it would surely have gotten.

L~A

Namco is the biggest 3rd party publisher in Japan. They have a boatload of licenses and publish so many games every year.

I think it's more due to them starting to localise pretty much everything, barring a few exceptions (like Pro Yakyuu Famista and Taiko no Tatsujin)... and kids licence stuff on 3DS. Since those games are getting a western release, they get a lot more exposure outsie Japan, and the first time you learn about most of those games isn't when they appear in the weekly Top 20.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 34, 2017 (Aug 21 - Aug 27)

new releases

{2017.08.23}
[3DS] Maru Goukaku! Care Manager Test: 2017 Fiscal Year Edition _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <EDU> (Media5) (¥2.592)
[3DS] Maru Goukaku! Social Worker Test: 2017 Fiscal Year Edition _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <EDU> (Media5) (¥2.592)
[PSV] Tachyon Project _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Cosen) (¥1.000)
[PS4] Tachyon Project _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Cosen) (¥1.000)
[WIU] Tachyon Project _Wii U Download Software_ |DL| <STG> (Cosen) (¥1.000)
[XB1] Tachyon Project _Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Cosen) (¥1.000)

{2017.08.24}
[3DS] Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero 3D - Narita & Haneda All Stars Double Pack {Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero 3D - Narita All Stars Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero 3D - Haneda All Stars} <PZL> (Sonic Powered) (¥7.800)
[PSV] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows # <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥5.980)
[PSV] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Limited Edition) <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥7.980)
[PSV] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥5.980)
[PSV] Futagoza no Paradox # <ADV> (Entergram) (¥5.980)
[PSV] Futagoza no Paradox (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Entergram) (¥6.980)
[PSV] Futagoza no Paradox (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Entergram) (¥5.980)
[PSV] The Lost Child <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥6.800)
[PSV] The Lost Child (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Taishou Mebiusline: Teito Bibouroku Hare <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥6.900)
[PSV] Taishou Mebiusline: Teito Bibouroku Hare (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥5.900)
[PSV] Starry Sky: Autumn Stories <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Starry Sky: Autumn Stories (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.800)
[NSW] One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.800)
[NSW] One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition (å) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.800)
[NSW] Piczle Lines DX _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <PZL> (Rainy Frog) (¥1.388)
[PS4] Megadimension Neptunia VIIR # <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥6.800)
[PS4] Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (Memorial Edition) <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥9.700)
[PS4] Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥6.000)
[PS4] Code:Realize - Bouquet of Rainbows # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥7.200)
[PS4] Code:Realize - Bouquet of Rainbows (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥9.200)
[PS4] Code:Realize - Bouquet of Rainbows (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.400)
[PS4] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows # <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥6.980)
[PS4] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Limited Edition) <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥8.980)
[PS4] Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥6.980)
[PS4] The Lost Child <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥6.800)
[PS4] The Lost Child (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.800)
[PS4] White Day: A Labyrinth Named School <ADV> (Arc System Works) (¥4.444)
[PS4] White Day: A Labyrinth Named School (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Arc System Works) (¥3.981)
[PS4] One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.800)
[PS4] One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition (å) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.800)

{2017.08.25}
[NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) (¥5.800)
[NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. (Special Pack) <BUN> (Nintendo) (¥36.280)
[NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. (å) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Capcom) (¥5.546)
___

YSO predictions

01. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. < 85k (average 80k)
02. [NSW] Splatoon 2 < 65k (average 55k)
03. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age < 55k (average 50k)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
___

YSO predictions

01. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. < 85k (average 80k)

In line with what I've been thinking. Some of it depends on just how limited the hardware bundle is.

Hope Capcom isn't expecting much..

Yagami_Sama

So, 100k for Monster Hunter XX for Switch is not impossible. I just wonder how many bundles will sell and if the game will have long legs, like the 3DS version.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
It depends on how high Nintendo went with shipments this week but maybe we won't see the usual post Obon big drop for Switch at next one. Except for MHXX bundle, for some reason amazon has a LE special bundle too.

schuelma

So, 100k for Monster Hunter XX for Switch is not impossible. I just wonder how many bundles will sell and if the game will have long legs, like the 3DS version.

I think anything between 75K-125K is possible- again with the number of bundles playing a role. And you're right- 3G had great legs.

Nintendo could probably go nuts making bundles if they want MHXX to sell very well since they'd sell out of however many they make.
Not sure how wise it would be to promote MH if they're not going to get anymore titles or meaningful support from Capcomc however

Fukuzatsu

[PS4] The Lost Child <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥6.800)
Curious to see the reception to this. Seems like a rip-off of a (traditional) Megami Tensei game, but judging from the trailer if you're a fan of That Sort of Game, it'd be right up your alley.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Sinobi has the impression Monster Hunter World announcement had negative impact at the demand of Monster Hunter Double Cross Switch.

Preorders didn't rise as much as he expected, lack of local support with 3DS version is a minus.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Sinobi has the impression Monster Hunter World announcement had negative impact at the demand of Monster Hunter Double Cross Switch.

Preorders didn't rise as much as he expected, lack of local support with 3DS version is a minus.
I don't get how can someone argue otherwise. Capcom message is that old MonHun is old, and the future is World on the PS4. Looks like the message has been accepted.

Nintendo could probably go nuts making bundles if they want MHXX to sell very well since they'd sell out of however many they make.
Not sure how wise it would be to promote MH if they're not going to get anymore titles or meaningful support from Capcomc however

Its still pretty likely there's another switch monhun title coming after world is out of the way, should world bomb I'd even expect it to be named 5

Yagami_Sama

I believe that everyone here agree that, Capcom timing was horrible.But is just Capcom been Capcom.

I just curious to see what Capcom expectations about Double Cross sales, what they will consider a success, in case they have any.

And by the way, One Piece for Switch will release this week too, do someone have any information about pre-orders ?

Vena

I don't get how can someone argue otherwise. Capcom message is that old MonHun is old, and the future is World on the PS4. Looks like the message has been accepted.

Was anyone arguing otherwise?

Capcom cut off their own legs, and I can only look at their FY software targets and laugh. They are their own enemy at selling their own product.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Its still pretty likely there's another switch monhun title coming after world is out of the way, should world bomb I'd even expect it to be named 5

With XX selling less than the Wii U one and probably MHW becoming the most successfull home episode ever both in Japan and WW I would start doubting the existence of another Switch episode

They recently stated that they are evaluating Switch for future support but that for the moment they are releasing MHXX and will evaluate how to move next looking at it

So with it bombing hard despite the bundle I wonder if they will bother considering how sterile they have been in their pipeline planning about switch

schuelma

With XX selling less than the Wii U one and probably MHW becoming the most successfull home episode ever both in Japan and WW I would start doubting the existence of another Switch episode

They recently stated that they are evaluating Switch for future support but that for the moment they are releasing MHXX and will evaluate how to move next looking at it

So with it bombing hard despite the bundle I wonder if they will bother considering how sterile they have been in their pipeline planning about switch

Like freaking clockwork with you. First, let's wait until it bombs before the doomsaying. Second, your doomsaying makes no sense, except in your "how can I rationalize any bit of news to portend doom" world.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd predict 120k+ myself.

Also Aostia you might be mistaken m8, the game hasn't even released yet.

80k average from YSO doesn't picture any possible satisfying range of sales
I Hinksey that he wiiu episode sold 200k in Japan? If this will debut around 90/100k it will favorably end lower than that

It could do slightly better due to bundles?
We will see

This would be on Nintendo btw, surely not on capcom

Like freaking clockwork with you. First, let's wait until it bombs before the doomsaying. Second, your doomsaying makes no sense, except in your "how can I rationalize any bit of news to portend doom" world.

OK
Capcom support has been properly planned for Switch and despite the disappointing sales of XX and the likely good ones for world we can expect a complete turnaround from capcom about swith starting around TGS with dozens of commercially important switch games

Does this picture better suit your taste?

Top Bottom