• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2013 (Nov 11 - Nov 17)

Shengar

Good job Vita, good job. Hope you can hold it for next week too since I've heard there is God Eater 2 shortage.
gant-wahaha%28a%29.gif

Bad number on Wii U though D:

Foshy

♫Viiiii-ta's the Champion, my friend.

and heeeeee'll keep on fighting, 'til the end.

Viiiii-ta's the Champion,

Viiiii-ta's the Champion!

No time for losers, 'cause Viiii-ta's the Champion.....

...of Media-Create...

...Week 46
♫

♫ He's paid his dues
Time after time

He's done his sentences
But committed no crime

And bad weeks of sales
He's had a few

We've had our share of salt
Kicked in our face

But he's come through♫

Between the Vita TV and the God Eater 2 release Vita has taken the spot as the truly and only hardware king in Japan.
If this trend continues I think that Sony can make a huge comeback in the portable market, maybe still not surpassing Nintendo this generation, but setting the market to do it easily in the next.

Meanwhile, WiiU's decline continues and we're at a holiday period, NSM3DW hasn't even charted in the top 20, and for the first time I fear that the console can't turn it around to at least some decent levels.

As a fan of Nintendo I must admit that Sony has taken the crown both in the home and in the portable market, at least in Japan, and I seriously fear that 3DS could end with the same third party support than WiiU.

Glass Rebel

gawddam vita banderas.gif

I knew that GE2 would do well but this is pretty amazing, especially since there was a PSP version as well.

Can't wait for some outside observer to make the sendationalist headline VITA SALES 400% WEEK OVER WEEK, SURGES AHEAD OF 3DS

Vita TV / GE2 numbers are lower than I expected, actually.

What did you expect? The Vita numbers alone are in the same ballpark as GE/Burst.

Good job Vita, good job. Hope you can hold it for next week too since I've heard there is God Eater 2 shortage.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...an/Sprites/PW/Sprites-gant/gant-wahaha(a).gif

Bad number on Wii U though D:

500k was shipped, so that's doubtful.

Between the Vita TV and the God Eater 2 release Vita has taken the spot as the truly and only hardware king in Japan.
If this trend continues I think that Sony can make a huge comeback in the portable market, maybe still not surpassing Nintendo this generation, but setting the market to do it easily in the next.

Meanwhile, WiiU's decline continues and we're at a holiday period, NSM3DW hasn't even charted in the top 20, and for the first time I fear that the console can't turn it around to at least some decent levels.

As a fan of Nintendo I must admit that Sony has taken the crown both in the home and in the portable market, at least in Japan, and I seriously fear that 3DS could end with the same third party support than WiiU.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Wait what ? Not sure if trolling.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
GE2+VTV turned out to be a good combo, let's hope it doesn't drop too much next week.
The WiiU dropped less than I expected, maybe it'll be able to stay above 10k for the time being...

EDIT:

lolwat

Fabrik

Banned
Those Vita TV numbers are bad but it's not surprising. Vita will never truly lift off. This was supposed to be one of its biggest week. Should drop down quite fast as usual.
Wii U is bad as well. True test is next week and the week after right?

levitan

I hope the vita + tv combo will hold on to 40k per week until FFX/X-2 remaster and Gundam Musou get released in Japan...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

thuway

Smiles must be all around Sony HQ. Let's hope Japan is more receptive to Tearaway than they were to Little Big Planet.

What did you expect? The Vita numbers alone are in the same ballpark as GE/Burst.

You'd think that a niche series would be more front loaded than its previous iteration, no? I guess I'm discounting the extra 100k from the PSP version.

Also Poe's Law up in here...

L Thammy

Um, I'm pretty sure that the Vita TV's launch sales won't persist forever. I'm also pretty sure that God Eater is one of the biggest things that will hit Vita south of Phantasy Star.

A great week for the console should signal improvement, not a portal to Bizarro World.

Shengar

Damn that isn't good D:
I predict 30k next week then, that should be good enough.

I'm more a sony Fan myself but your post makes no sense at all. Please, sober yourself then return to this thread later.

God Eater 2 is godlike, so I'm glad it's helped boost the hardware.
Also, though it's a little below our expectations, the price point for Vita TV will hopefully fortify sales of the platform through the holidays, paired with a pretty nice release schedule going into 2014.

Yay. Criminal Girls at the end of the month <3

Tenki

How can a game not released yet chart in top 20?

Oh my.

Please note that you can't build a trend off a single data point.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
42k for Vita TV isn't that much, but I don't know if we can consider it that bad. It'll be really interesting to see how much it'll perform in the next months; being a low-price entry model (even if not an actual handheld) could change the way it sells compared to other hardwares.
God Eater's Vita SKU sales are good, God Eater 2 itself sold fantastic. However, I don't know how much God Eater will influence Vita sales in the long run, though.

Next week, we should start seeing 3DS rising again: One Piece and its bundles release.

Top Bottom