• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2013 (Nov 11 - Nov 17)

Asd202

bofg.jpg

Hehe Sony wished every week would be like that. Almost 50/50 split with Nintendo.

QaaQer

42k for Vita TV isn't that much, but I don't know if we can consider it that bad. It'll be really interesting to see how much it'll perform in the next months; being a low-price entry model (even if not an actual handheld) could change the way it sells compared to other hardwares.
God Eater's Vita SKU sales are good, God Eater 2 itself sold fantastic. However, I don't know how much God Eater will influence Vita sales in the long run, though.

Next week, we should start seeing 3DS rising again: One Piece and its bundles release.

We really have no baseline comparisons for this. Or do we? Has there ever been a TV version of a handheld?

Replicant

I want to buy that God Eater-branded PSVita but Amazon JP won't ship to Australia. Does anyone know where else I can buy it from?

zroid

Banned
I definitely thought Vita TV would sell more than 40k in its first week. It's not entirely unlike a new console launch.

Overall this is definitely Vita's week, though. Sony must be feeling pretty good, considering last year.

hongcha

Awesome vita bump. It hasn't been below 20k since launch of the 2000 model over a month ago. Good stuff.

Good Wii U hold too, I thought it would go below 10k this week.

Damn, I wasn't expecting God Eater 2 to do so well. How did the first game sell?

(We're never gonna get it in the west, are we?)

Freedom Wars should hopefully do pretty well when it's out, then.

Celine

Between the Vita TV and the God Eater 2 release Vita has taken the spot as the truly and only hardware king in Japan.
If this trend continues I think that Sony can make a huge comeback in the portable market, maybe still not surpassing Nintendo this generation, but setting the market to do it easily in the next.

Meanwhile, WiiU's decline continues and we're at a holiday period, NSM3DW hasn't even charted in the top 20, and for the first time I fear that the console can't turn it around to at least some decent levels.

As a fan of Nintendo I must admit that Sony has taken the crown both in the home and in the portable market, at least in Japan, and I seriously fear that 3DS could end with the same third party support than WiiU.
Is the impending 3D World release the cause for the users with "freez" in the nickname to go nuts?

EDIT:
But maybe it's just sarcasm, hard to tell these days.

♫Viiiii-ta's the Champion, my friend.

and heeeeee'll keep on fighting, 'til the end.

Viiiii-ta's the Champion,

Viiiii-ta's the Champion!

No time for losers, 'cause Viiii-ta's the Champion.....

...of Media-Create...

...Week 46
♫
Having recently started viewing these sales threads, I now look forward to your Vita-related posts. I don't know what it is, maybe your love for the little handheld that could, but your posts always put a smile on my face.

Wynnebeck

Banned
♫Viiiii-ta's the Champion, my friend.

and heeeeee'll keep on fighting, 'til the end.

Viiiii-ta's the Champion,

Viiiii-ta's the Champion!

No time for losers, 'cause Viiii-ta's the Champion.....

...of Media-Create...

...Week 46
♫

*raises lighter*

I swear I saw the unit sales and literally did a Banderas in lecture. The girl besides me asked me if I was ok. Lol

saichi

Between the Vita TV and the God Eater 2 release Vita has taken the spot as the truly and only hardware king in Japan.
If this trend continues I think that Sony can make a huge comeback in the portable market, maybe still not surpassing Nintendo this generation, but setting the market to do it easily in the next.

Meanwhile, WiiU's decline continues and we're at a holiday period, NSM3DW hasn't even charted in the top 20, and for the first time I fear that the console can't turn it around to at least some decent levels.

As a fan of Nintendo I must admit that Sony has taken the crown both in the home and in the portable market, at least in Japan, and I seriously fear that 3DS could end with the same third party support than WiiU.

Is this a joke post?

EDIT:
anyone has PSP GO launch week number? VITA TV at 42K is really not that impressive considering it was sold out on Amazon when pre-order opened!

Asd202

Good troll post.

Raist

Banned
Vita TV's problem might be the very limited compatibility list. I don't understand why this thing wasn't launch with the DS4.

Yanikun

Banned

iqGz4ZTD9pYPE.gif

freezamite definitely trolled some of you guys hard.

Next week, we should start seeing 3DS rising again: One Piece and its bundles release.

Isn't One Piece heading straight for bomba? At least based on Amazon and low Comgnet preorders, I don't think it's going to do much for the 3DS' baseline.

duckroll

Vita TV's problem might be the very limited compatibility list. I don't understand why this thing wasn't launch with the DS4.

Yeah it's a bit odd. I think it'll be interesting to see whether interest grows when the platform gets better firmware support in future.

Solid Vita sales. Let's hope Sony can continue to build on it with more hunting games.

I really hope Tearaway does well in Japan. It's sooooooooooo good.

Paskil

Fuckin' a.

Nice to see Vita pass 3DS, if only for one month. Super excited for the next few months' numbers (especially PS4). Hopefully Japan will embrace a new, non-portable system.

L Thammy

You make it sound like the Vita TV's in a bad place. I don't think it is right now. Perhaps if we see a big drop next week.

Isn't One Piece heading straight for bomba? At least based on Amazon and low Comgnet preorders, I don't think it's going to do much for the 3DS' baseline.

Do you have the Comgnet comparison with the other titles handy? Seems like the Unlimited series is a decent seller to me, not sure where this bomba talk started.

sn't One Piece heading straight for bomba? At least based on Amazon and low Comgnet preorders, I don't think it's going to do much for the 3DS' baseline.
One Piece Nintendo is not front loaded, if the game is good, it will sell well. Not sure about moving hardware though. 3DS is running out of system sellers and it's already at 14 million.

nampad

Good numbers for the Vita and God Eater 2. I had hoped for better Vita TV sales but if we are realistic, we could not have expected much more.
It is a home console version of a struggling handheld in a handheld centric country and it doesn't even support all games. Even the 2000 model or price cuts didn't push the Vita more.
I don't know how big the market fir streaming devices is in Japan right now but I hope the Vita TV can be successful.

Shengar

Yeah but GAF's not really that sort of place is it?

Hopefully we'll get some big titles from Sony for the Vita soon.

That remind of something I would like to asked.

I just joined GAF this year so I don't know 3DS performance pre-price drop. How well is it? And how many year/months in take before it received massive third party support which turned it into the monster we know today? Somebody please enlightened this soul. A brief summary even would suffice :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
You make it sound like the Vita TV's in a bad place. I don't think it is right now. Perhaps if we see a big drop next week.

Do you have the Comgnet comparison with the other titles handy? Seems like the Unlimited series is a decent seller to me, not sure where this bomba talk started.

IIRC, Gigant Battle entries were around 100pt (the second did 150pt, but sold less at debut than the first, which did 100pt), and Unlimited Cruise SP did 92pt (but it accumulated more pts due to the sudden delay); Unlimited World R is at 41pt (not including bundles, though)

Wynnebeck

Banned
Vita number 1 where it belongs.

iJyIDWmNgjdoO.gif

Slay Queen!

Rise up Vita rise this is the beginning

#JusticeForVita

Yassss drag them down! Now we wait for the sell through numbers so I can see if my 60/40 split with 85% sell through prediction paid off

TheChaos0

I'm more impressed with more than 1/2 split between Vita and PSP versions. What would be interesting to see how will Vita TV sell comparing to normal Vita, will it eat into the sales or add to the overall numbers. Exciting times.

allan-bh

[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 (Konami) 223,884
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 (Konami) 151,800

Big drop.

Top Bottom