• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2013 (Nov 11 - Nov 17)

One Piece Nintendo is not front loaded, if the game is good, it will sell well. Not sure about moving hardware though. 3DS is running out of system sellers and it's already at 14 million.

Yeah, I don't see how the 3DS gets to 32m like the DS. It just doesn't seem possible given how many system sellers it has gone through. It is missing the blue ocean titles like Brain Academy and Nintendogs.

Same for Vita as well, I don't see how it reaches 20m like the PSP. It is impossible IMO.

L Thammy

IIRC, Gigant Battle entries were around 100pt (the second did 150pt, but sold less at debut than the first, which did 100pt), and Unlimited Cruise SP did 92pt (but it accumulated more pts due to the sudden delay); Unlimited World R is at 41pt (not including bundles, though)

Gigant Battle is in a different genre than Unlimited, if I recall. The former are multiplayer fighting games (think Smash Bros) while the latter are action-adventures (think Zelda). Not sure that those two should be compared. SP versus Red comparison does seem bad, though.

saichi

Smiles must be all around Sony HQ. Let's hope Japan is more receptive to Tearaway than they were to Little Big Planet.

not happening

See Sony is it so hard to understand. Everybody will buy your games if you release desirable games for it

problem is Sony has no real control of highly desirable games for Japan

Fuckin' a.

Nice to see Vita pass 3DS, if only for one month. Super excited for the next few months' numbers (especially PS4). Hopefully Japan will embrace a new, non-portable system.

don't get carried away

Thanks. So VITA TV will definitely sell through 150K much easier than PSP GO then.

JoeM86

Jesus christ. The Vita jumps up for one week due to a new SKU and game releases, and people are suddenly calling it the king and claiming the 3DS is now going to drop.

Bit surprised the Vita TV didn't outsell the normal Vita though, bit of a soft-launch.

Wii U having a small drop surprised me...I was expecting it to be sub-10k again this week, let's see what Mario does for it.

PES comparison (Media Create):

03./00. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (Konami) - 141,432 / NEW (4 days)
02. [PS3] Winning 11 2009 (Konami) 168,405 / NEW (4 days)
01./00. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 217,848 / NEW (4 days)
02. / 00. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) - 215.227 / NEW (4 days)
01./00. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2011.10.06} (¥7.980) - 272.036 / NEW (4 days)
02./00. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980) - 223.884 / NEW (4 days)
03./00. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.11.14} (¥7.980) - 151.800 / NEW (4 days)

~32% drop from 2013.

Shengar

That remind of something I would like to asked.

I just joined GAF this year so I don't know 3DS performance pre-price drop. How well is it? And how many year/months in take before it received massive third party support which turned it into the monster we know today? Somebody please enlightened this soul. A brief summary even would suffice :)

Bump my question for new page.

Jesus christ. The Vita jumps up for one week due to a new SKU and game releases, and people are suddenly calling it the king and claiming the 3DS is now going to drop.

Bit surprised the Vita TV didn't outsell the normal Vita though, bit of a soft-launch.

Wii U having a small drop surprised me...I was expecting it to be sub-10k again this week, let's see what Mario does for it.

You take everything too seriously dude.

Cookie18

Holy crap I expected nothing of the sort from God Eater and Vita. So happy with that, it's my only console for the moment and it's very under loved.

[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 (Konami) 223,884
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014 (Konami) 151,800

Big drop.

Franchise fatigue on current gen. I expect a lot of the lost buyers are waiting for the next gen version.

If Japan do well at the world cup then I expect PES will get a boost next year.

Solid Vita sales. Let's hope Sony can continue to build on it with more hunting games.

Seems like Sony is banking on the EA-FPS rotational strategy with 1st-party + 3rd-party.

2013 : SS
2014 : SS: Delta and Freedom Wars
2015 : SS2

And in-between, rely on 3rd-party titles like Toukiden and God Eater. Sony really needs to convince them to give up PSP though, the hardware is holding back the potential for the games to really expand in scope.

vareon

VitaTV is a good value, no? It's good enough for people to just come and buy it especially as Vita games keep coming.

Taker666

Not sure if I agree with Vita TV and Vita being combined.

To me that's like combining the Gameboy player sales with Gameboys.

I'd have thought most people buying Vita TV are buying it as a companion device for their Vita...as opposed to being seperate consumers (in the same way if they released 3DS TV I'd have thought most people buying it would already own a 3DS).

jonno394

Well done Vita, i'm gonna play the shit out of Lego: LOTR tonight to celebrate (I had a night off last night so didn't touch the little fella)

Freeman

Banned
Vita TV should just cost 10$ more and come with a DualShock 4. Seems like a rushed product, that doesn't support most of Vita games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Best selling console. Best selling handheld. A Vita Nation. Hail the champion.

Those Vita TV numbers are bad but it's not surprising. Vita will never truly lift off. This was supposed to be one of its biggest week. Should drop down quite fast as usual.

Laguna's furious ghost strains itself this week to speak through meat puppets that are not enfeebled juniors.. Hear its wails, witness it trying to levitate Vita's over filled baths. He stands for un-life, but in this week we celebrate what he cannot:

Veni, vidi, vici; VITA.

I actually think that Vita TV sales are disappointing. Unless it can constantly sell 30-40k every week, then the sales are just overall bad imo.

Poor Vita :(

Even when it's #1 for a week, people still have plenty of doom for it

That's because 90k is decent in isolation, but when taken in context of a handheld that has just got past 2m LTD sales, it's still a long way from being "saved". The Vita has a hard road ahead of it, and while it does feel like it has a better chance of making the journey than this time last year (50% YoY sales increase), there are still no guarantees because all of the big portable franchises are locked on the competing platform.

the heatwaves are getting to them

im sorry joe but your just gonna never live this through

EDIT: goddamnit someone already made the joke

duckroll

I actually think that Vita TV sales are disappointing. Unless it can constantly sell 30-40k every week, then the sales are just overall bad imo.

I agree. At a 99 buck price point, it needs consistent sales to be successful. It's clearly positioned as a casual product.

Do you have the Comgnet comparison with the other titles handy? Seems like the Unlimited series is a decent seller to me, not sure where this bomba talk started.

I saw a comparison a couple of weeks ago and it was behind most of the Unlimited games. Not sure if that has changed though.

One Piece Nintendo is not front loaded, if the game is good, it will sell well. Not sure about moving hardware though. 3DS is running out of system sellers and it's already at 14 million.
Yeah, it's more about keeping momentum within a decent sales (because a drop is obvious) range via continued software support. Nintendo essentially also ran out of major system sellers for the DS by the start of 2008, so it's not unfamiliar territory.

Top Bottom