• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2013 (Nov 11 - Nov 17)

You make it sound like the Vita TV's in a bad place. I don't think it is right now. Perhaps if we see a big drop next week.

It only did 42k, not like it has very far to go. Pretty worrying first week for its long term viability.

Hope firmware bulks out the compatibility list, was hoping to pick one of these up as well as a V2K whenever they pop up in europe.

I actually think that Vita TV sales are disappointing. Unless it can constantly sell 30-40k every week, then the sales are just overall bad imo.

It's not a new console launch. PSPGo's first few weeks were OK before interest in it died. It was more unexpected because of the large relative success of the PSP at the time.

Fun fact: I always read these threads on mobile in portrait and never look at the YTD total.

I hadn't realized Vita was the second most sold console in Japan this year.

Shahed

Mostly because there have been serious posts akin to that here in recent months...
While there are serious posts similar to these in terms of tone and the like, the joke posts usually have certain words or phrases that give them away.

Anyway I have no idea if the Vita or God Eater performed well. What stodd out to me as a football is the drop off on Pro Evo. Hopefully a next gen version will revive it

Kid Ying

Franchise fatigue on current gen. I expect a lot of the lost buyers are waiting for the next gen version.

If Japan do well at the world cup then I expect PES will get a boost next year.
It also helps that it seems the game is awful. Lot of friends of mine are saying this was the last straw. I think its not a matter of generationn fatigue, but a we fatigue. It may do better numbers on the ps4, but not by much.

And vita tv is a champion. Im very interested on it and i will probably buy, not this year though.

Faustek

Weee sooo sooo glad the Vita is performing well..highly doubt anything will touch Zelda next week,but hey let's thank GE for pushing through!

It also helps that it seems the game is awful. Lot of friends of mine are saying this was the last straw. I think its not a matter of generationn fatigue, but a we fatigue. It may do better numbers on the ps4, but not by much.

And vita tv is a champion. Im very interested on it and i will probably buy, not this year though.

I got it on PS3. It feels unfinished to me. But it does have a spark that PES has been lacking for a long time. I think in their haste to get the current gen versions onto the new engine, they forgot to actually finish the game. I do hope that the next gen version is better though.

Fun fact: I always read these threads on mobile in portrait and never look at the YTD total.

I hadn't realized Vita was the second most sold console in Japan this year.
Not exactly much competition for second place in Japan... in fact I distinctly remember posters making the argument that Vita was healthy because of its second place status.

Also I just noticed

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 3DS # |     70.102 |     81.817 |    168.876 |  3.948.033 |  3.976.251 |  13.727.913 |

3DS 2013 YTD < 2012 YTD again.

RpgN

It's impressive how God Eater 2 managed to become the best selling vita game so quickly. Vita hardware is impressive when it's combined but I'm honestly not sure what kind of projections are realistic for the vita TV. I can't tell if those vita TV numbers are disappointing or great.

Next week is going to be very exciting. A lot is going to happen thanks to Mario, Lightning Returns and God Eater's second week. Hardware can go either way with those games.

duckroll

I got it on PS3. It feels unfinished to me. But it does have a spark that PES has been lacking for a long time. I think in their haste to get the current gen versions onto the new engine, they forgot to actually finish the game. I do hope that the next gen version is better though.

Sounds like they should have cancelled 2014 and released a budget title as New PES Prologue instead, ala Ground Zeroes. Loool.

L Thammy

It only did 42k, not like it has very far to go. Pretty worrying first week for its long term viability.

Hope firmware bulks out the compatibility list, was hoping to pick one of these up as well as a V2K whenever they pop up in europe.

Yeah, I didn't notice that the non-combined numbers were posted. It doesn't seem as good when you look at them separately. But I suppose the Vita TV could have some hold to it.

javac

Also I just noticed

Code:
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
| 3DS # |     70.102 |     81.817 |    168.876 |  3.948.033 |  3.976.251 |  13.727.913 |

This week last year.

01./01. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 290.280 / 893.344(-52%)

03./05. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800) - 41.658 / 1.385.212 (+79%)

09./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (¥3.800) - 13.236 / NEW

One Piece Nintendo is not front loaded, if the game is good, it will sell well. Not sure about moving hardware though. 3DS is running out of system sellers and it's already at 14 million.
mh4g and a pokemon remake next year should be expected right?

i can see the 3dsndoing PSP numbers by the end of its life in japan (something like 20-25 million)

Project Mirai 2 is next week, no?
Isn't that the week after? (i.e. the week after next week's thread anyway, lol).

Also I just noticed

Code:

Yeah people seem to have forgotten this in the midst of all the Vita hurrahs. But 3DS didn't drop below 150k for the rest of the year. The boost MH/Pokemon gave it this year hasn't been enough to offset the early Animal Crossing holidays! It will be interesting to see if P&D Z can sell some extra 3DSes.

DaBoss

That's some poor sales for the Vita TV, I was expecting at least a 70K debut. It makes the overall Vita number look better though, which is good.

Wii U had a much smaller drop than what I expected, maybe anticipation for next (this) week?

3DS fell behind last year again, which isn't really good to see, hopefully it does better during the holidays.

maxiell

Pretty mediocre for VitaTV, but a good bit of its functionality isn't even there until 2014, and it's going to do its best numbers as a discounted holiday gift.

Also I just noticed

Code:

Animal Crossing drove mega hardware sales this time last year. 3DS has nothing comparable this year. Not even Pokemon was able to drive >150k for 4 weeks in row.

liger05

I thought the Vita outsold the 3DS then saw that number included Vita TV. Oh well.

Great number for God Eater though.

Mario007

Not sure how this might be useful but...

Vita bump:

Miku - 50.070
God Eater - 46,350
Can't really compare those with a new SKU launnching. You might have people who bought the Vita TV for it, and lots of people who would play GE2 might already own the Vita. This is the problem with only catering to one type of an audience (hunting games fans).

Maedhros

Not sure how this might be useful but...

Vita bump:

Miku - 50.070
God Eater - 46,350

Vita TV is there too. There were people who bought the Vita TV just to play God Eater 2.

BTW, do we know the % of sold Vita TVs? That's important to see if these number were within the expectation of Sony or not.

Mr Swine

Banned
Good numbers for both 3DS and Vita/TV. But I'm very disappointed that Vita TV only sold 42k during the same time the biggest Vita game got released. I also hoped that ordinary vita would get a big boost.

And it's getting tiresome with smokey day and the others proclaiming their love to vita as mad vita fanboys when it sells better than 3DS 1 week *rolleyes*

JoeM86

Yeah like heat wave thing, right? :p

the heatwaves are getting to them

im sorry joe but your just gonna never live this through

EDIT: goddamnit someone already made the joke

Well played :p

To be fair, there was a heat wave and it was bad to the point the Pokémon Centers were empty, and they're never empty. All I meant is that it could have had an effect that week, not that it was the whole reason :(

Glass Joe

Glad -- and surprised -- to see Wii U hold relatively steady despite no new releases. I expected sub-10k. Hopefully Japan does care about 3D Mario enough to get them some momentum through the holidays. Nintendo's pretty lucky Sony decided to wait until February, that gives N more attention in the console space.

Mario007

Vita TV is there too. There were people who bought the Vita TV just to play God Eater 2.

BTW, do we know the % of sold Vita TVs? That's important to see if these number were within the expectation of Sony or not.
It had a 30% sell through on day one. So assuming no other Vita TV was sold from last Thursday Sony shipped around 120k consoles. That assumption is horribly wrong of course but a higher sell through would mean less than 120k consoles were shipped. So this is a soft launch.

Top Bottom