• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 50, 2011 (Dec 12 - Dec 18)

Rising_Hei

Those are good sales for FFXIII-2 regardless what people say.

How much did it sell on xbox 360 anyways? i can't see it there lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A note from a 3DS fan: These sales numbers are 7 days for 3DS and 2 days for Vita.

Now that that's over.

- Capcom should have printed more copies of MH3G
- FFXIII-2 well below expectations (for reference, X-2 did 1.9 mill first week)
- 3DS ressurection continues to amaze. Well played, Iwata

XIII-2 is doing poorly?
ibp95UxMtigWOw.gif

Cipherr

How many more weeks left on Media Creates year this year? Just next week? Or will they count two more weeks on this year?

BurntPork

Banned
Vita off to a nice start software-wise, and a decent start hardware-wise. Though, 3DS beating it in its launch week has got to hurt, since it means that Vita is further behind 3DS this week than it was last week... lol. Pretty weird when you think about it. I really want to see the SKU split for both Vita shipments and sales. Does Media Create count online retailers, BTW?

The PS3 boost seems smaller than I'd expect with a new FF release, but that's probably due to FF's mediocre opening. Again, however, we had more than enough evidence to predict this.

MH3G wasn't as supply-constrained as I thought. It likely won't hit 1 million by the end of the year.

RIP Zelda. :(

idlewild_

I will go with SM3DL

I'd probably guess MK7 -> SM3DL -> MH3, though the first two could hit on the same week.

Wow those FFXIII-2 sales are low, I know it was affected negatively due to FFXIII, but has anyone heard anything about how good this sequel is?

Fularu

Banned
It looks like the 3DS will have 3 1-million sellers by the end of the year and the HW might cross the 4 million mark by the end of the year.

Uh? It will cross the 4 million mark this week, the real question is, will the tracking end next week or the week after? Because it definitely has a chance of reaching 4.5 million with next week's numbers. (I always forget which year Famitsu or MC add a week).

And with that, 3DS' performance has finally started lagging compared to DS in 2005 where it did more than 400k in week 50.

Also, FFXIII-2 is such a bomb. In fact, I find a lot of software to be rather low for the holiday season. However, it's always funny to see how every title for Nintendo hardware seems to have "+%" next to it in the holiday season, no matter how long the title has been out.

Huff

Banned
comparison time
3DS launch numbers (2 days as well in February)

[3DS] 374.764

03. / 00. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level 5) {2011.02.26} - 119.591 / NEW
05. / 00. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats (alle Versionen) (Nintendo) {2011.02.26} - 64.213 / NEW
06. / 00. [3DS] Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) {2011.02.26} - 49.327 / NEW
07. / 00. [3DS] Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Capcom) {2011.02.26} - 44.649 / NEW
08. / 00. [3DS] Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco) {2011.02.26} - 38.226 / NEW
15. / 00. [3DS] Winning Eleven 3DSoccer (Konami) {2011.02.26} - 24.556 / NEW

Not sure if it's too fair to compare due to the quality of competition from the 3DS games.

On another note (and I'm not saying this is the case now) but as downloading games becomes more and more common, we are going to start getting less and less accurate numbers, right?

Spiegel

Tales of Xilia sold better than FFXIII-2 on its launch week.

[PS3] Tales of Xillia # <RPG> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.08} (¥8.379) - 525.605 / NEW <87,12%>

Yep, it happened.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Versus should become FFIX and be released next gen or late 2012. Come on SE its not that hard

saichi

so I guess not a lot of fans asked for XIII-2 but SE made it anyway... it's shocking to see it opened lower than ToX.

DaBuddaDa

As many said when it was fist announced: FFXIII-2 is a sequel nobody asked for, and these numbers are backing that up.

Well, half a million people apparently asked for it, but you get the idea

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, I knew it would underperform but never thought Xillia would beat it. :lol

Tales is now a bigger franchise than Final Fantasy, never thought I'd see the day. That's what you get for releasing a sequel that got panned so heavily I suppose but it's sad that it happened to a game that turned out to actually be good.

On a lesser note 3DS software sales are pretty underwhelming too. It's too be expected with the week being so packed I suppose but all the new software is performing poorly compared to past iterations even when taking into account the lower userbase.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For Vita, I'm more interested in next week's MC's reports.

Also lololol at L5 and Toriyama. I bet duckroll is partying hard now.

Holy shit at XIII-2. Gigabomba, right there; to be beaten by Xillia is incredible.

3DS keeps on trucking; depending on what Vita does, I could very well see it cross 4 million next week.

[Nintex]

Zelda Skyward Sword is quite the bomba but I already figured that when I spotted the CE's for 40 euro yesterday. It's the first time I've seen a Nintendo price collapse since Animal Crossing Wii.

So...maybe Square really did shoot themselves in the foot? Everyone bailed out of the PS3 version and 360 version less than 20k?

Cipherr

Not sure if it's too fair to compare due to the quality of competition from the 3DS games.

On another note (and I'm not saying this is the case now) but as downloading games becomes more and more common, we are going to start getting less and less accurate numbers, right?

Downloading titles isnt happening in anywhere near enough volume to matter much. Its still perfectly safe to use the physical copies sold as the vast vast vast majority of the software moved for a title. Maybe when most releases are doing 25 to 30% of their sales digitally we should bother, till then, no.

Tales of Xilia sold better than FFXIII-2 on its launch week.

[PS3] Tales of Xillia # <RPG> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.08} (¥8.379) - 525.605 / NEW <87,12%>

Yep, it happened.

And think about the time of the year they launched. FF had the advantage there. Wow.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
On a lesser note 3DS software sales are pretty underwhelming too. It's too be expected with the week being so packed I suppose but all the new software is performing poorly compared to past iterations even when taking into account the lower userbase.

Huh? 3DS is a week or two away from having 3 million* sellers in less than a year on the market.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, I knew it would underperform but never thought Xillia would beat it. :lol

Tales is now a bigger franchise than Final Fantasy, never thought I'd see the day. That's what you get for releasing a sequel that got panned so heavily I suppose but it's sad that it happened to a game that turned out to actually be good.

No need to get all crazy the next main line FF will out sell the next Tales game easy .
FFXIII-2 was a of time to tell the truth and a cheap way to make a new game.

Top Bottom