• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2012 (Feb 06 - Feb 12)

Didn't know that Suikoden PSP game was released. How is it like? Is it like the DS game or is it like a traditional Suikoden game?

Hope it gets localized...

...still waiting for Suikoden 2 PSN! *angry face*

jgmo870

Banned
We aren't talking about the US here.

Which is why I said, "They definitely didn't launch that much in the US".

Anywho, I checked and it is 25 for the GBA launch list. But I can't remember how many launch titles for the Vita were delayed. I'd like to see something on that too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
New Love Plus made the 100,000 club already right?

I don't even think it'll do 100k in the first week. I think it'll be just a bit lower ( 80k maximum ), but it could have legs since it's being released so early in the lifespan of the console...and since also the first one had legs. Not in the same way, obviously

[NDS] Love Plus (Konami) - 47.854 / 244.730 / 19,55% 03/09/09

In fact, it's true that Love Plus + has been much more frontloaded, but it's possible this happened due to being an expansion and not a true sequel, IMHO.

I expect Love Plus to be above 100k. Its first week is longer than usual and while I don't want to stereotype the audience for this type of game too much, I still expect at least 100k of them to be very dedicated.

Link or it didn't happen. They definitely didn't launch that much in the US.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/gamedatabase/software/DB_NTM3_GBA2001.html

01. Super Mario Advance (Nintendo) ACT
02. Napoleon (Nintendo) RPG
03. Kurukuru Kururin (Nintendo) ACT
04. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Nintendo) RCG
05. Konami Crazy Racers (Konami) RCG
06. Monster Guardians (Konami) RPG
07. JGTO Golf Master (Konami) SPT
08. J-League Pocket (Konami) SPT
09. Yu-Gi-Oh! Dungeondice Monsters (Konami) TBL
10. Power Pro Kun Pocket 3 (Konami) SPT
11. Play Novel Silent Hill (Konami) ADV
12. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Konami) ACT
13. Mega Man Battle Network (Capcom) RPG
14. Mr. Driller 2 (Namco) PZL
15. Momotaru Matsuri (Hudson) RPG
16. Pinobee: Wings of Adventure (Hudson) ACT
17. Winning Post (Koei) SIM
18. Chu-Chu Rocket! (Sega) PZL
19. GT Advance: Championship Racing (MTO) RCG
20. Fire Pro Wrestling (Spike) SPT
21. Super Dodgeball Advance (Atlus) SPT
22. I am an Air Traffic Controller (TAM) STL
23. Top Gear GT Championship (Kemco) RCG
24. Tweety and the Magic Gems (Kemco) TBL
25. EZ-Talk (Key Net) ETC

test_account

XP-39C²
The Dark Knight (the paragraph above where it says "Taglines")
Ah ok, thanks :) I remember that quote now that you mentioned it.

I expect Love Plus to be above 100k. Its first week is longer than usual and while I don't want to stereotype the audience for this type of game too much, I still expect at least 100k of them to be very dedicated.
The date mpl90 listed earlier for Love Plus DS was on a Monday, one more day than Love Plus 3DS will have. But all those limited editions might do something.

DCharlie

Banned
The quote in the Nikkei article didn't say "a publisher cancelled one game", it said "a large publisher has cancelled all Vita games in development, and has switched to 3DS development".

Again, I'm not claiming the article to be true; I'm just correcting you on how the quote says "all" Vita games were cancelled, not just one (I don't believe it claims they were all moved to 3DS either, some may have been cancelled completely).

from this ?

日本企業にも変化が表れた。ある関係者は「日本の大手パブリッシャーが、PSヴィータ向けに進めていたゲーム開発をすべてキャンセルし、3DSの開発に切り替え た」という。

does it? I've read the quote again and i'm still convinced it's talking about the -complete cancelation- of a single game rather than -the cancelation of everything-.

"subete" can be an awkward beast , as can inference of multiples from words like "geemu" - but it still reads like the cancelation of a single game to me . And i freely admit that my i'm not fluent and may well have it ass backwards

Takao

Banned
It's a bit FUDish, but does it honestly seem unlikely to you?

It's about as legit as the Nikkei News opinion piece on Monster Hunter Vita. Bizzarely though that thread didn't get locked.

I'm not really doubting that a Vita game got canceled. I'm doubting some major exodus.

As for MH, I don't care about the franchise anymore. I think the damage has been done, and the only way it could be undone is for a hypothetical MH on Vita to be a complete revolution for the franchise, but given this is Capcom I doubt such a thing is possible. When Vita finds its pulse it won't be Monster Hunter getting the heart pumping.

guek

Banned
As for MH, I don't care about the franchise anymore. I think the damage has been done, and the only way it could be undone is for a hypothetical MH on Vita to be a complete revolution for the franchise, but given this is Capcom I doubt such a thing is possible. When Vita finds its pulse it won't be Monster Hunter getting the heart pumping.

Are you saying you don't care about MH simply because it's not exclusive to Vita?

extralite

from this ?

does it? I've read the quote again and i'm still convinced it's talking about the -complete cancelation- of a single game rather than -the cancelation of everything-.

"subete" can be an awkward beast , as can inference of multiples from words like "geemu" - but it still reads like the cancelation of a single game to me . And i freely admit that my i'm not fluent and may well have it ass backwards

You need to look at what's before the subete. That big publisher's game development for Vita that was in progress was completely canceled and moved to 3DS. All of it. The only way game could be singular here is if the publisher only had one game developed for Vita in the first place.

You need to look at what's before the subete. That big publisher's game development for Vita that was in progress was completely canceled and moved to 3DS. All of it. The only way game could be singular here is if the publisher only had one game developed for Vita in the first place.

Then that article is really huge and should be reposted.

DCharlie

Banned
It's a bit FUDish, but does it honestly seem unlikely to you?

that all Japanese publishers would cancel all their Vita games and move them all to 3DS wholesale, not bothering with multiplatform, just straight cancelation of vita projects to put them on 3DS ?

Yes, that seems unlikely

GDGF

Soothsayer
that all Japanese publishers would cancel all their Vita games and move them all to 3DS wholesale, not bothering with multiplatform, just straight cancelation of vita projects to put them on 3DS ?

Yes, that seems unlikely

Does the article actually say "all Japanese publishers"?

Takao

Banned
Are you saying you don't care about MH simply because it's not exclusive to Vita?

No, my interest in the franchise would be the same even if it were exclusive to Vita. Which is to say almost non-existent. I don't particularly enjoy playing MH games, and in fact said so earlier in this thread. I've tried them multiple times, and they're really not for me. I look at them as a curiosity because of their success, not because I'm a fan.

My comment was in regards to the impact an MH on Vita would have. Given Tri G is already on 3DS, and with 4 already announced that puts a Vita iteration at a bad standing for MH to be a system seller. The only way I can see the damage from the 3DS iterations being dulled out is if the franchise took a revolutionary turn.

I wonder who it is then? Scamco, SEGA, Square, and Konami all have publicly announced stuff yet to be released... I answered my own question.

Takao

Banned
Level-5! Secret RPG betrayalaton.

Nah, I think Hino's going to stick it through. I think Level-5 isn't too pleased they missed the PSP in its prime.

I think it's Capcom. The only thing they have on the publicly known slate is a fighting game port we haven't heard of in months other than the odd mention in the exclusive character reveal trailers.

DCharlie

Banned
Who said anything about all Japanese pubs? Come on.

Yup- that's was incorrect, i was going off what the tweet that started all this said :

from Feitclub :
"As Vita debuts overseas, Nikkei reports Japanese publishers are canceling games for the young system, switching to 3DS"

If that thread was locked because DCharlie misrepresented himself as a Japanese speaker then that looks pretty ugly right about now.

haha lol - okay, you go ahead and put it back up and go with -you guys- take on what it is and what it's saying and how important it is . Run with it!

hell, one suggestion was that Nintendos stock price was rising because of the article

oh, and remember - this is effectively a source reporting a source who had a Big Publisher source. No one named. <sprks> INDUSTRY SOURCES </sprks>

lol - ironically, i'm giving training today ... in Japanese. I'm going to get boo'ed and pelted with fruit from start to finish aren't I? The ultimate irony would be if the subject matter was related to Nikkei, but alas - not this time.

Kazerei

Banned
Nah, I think Hino's going to stick it through. I think Level-5 isn't too pleased they missed the PSP in its prime.

I think it's Capcom. The only thing they have on the publicly known slate is a fighting game port we haven't heard of in months other than the odd mention in the exclusive character reveal trailers.

Capcom canceled Street Fighter X Tekken and moved it to 3DS?

You heard it here first, folks.

It's believable

test_account

XP-39C²
That publisher in the Nikkei article might be SCEJ? Just kidding hehe :p

You're right, it was a Wedensday.
Ok. Then Love Plus has one more days of sales, and as you mentioned, the serie is now known and not a new IP like it was back in the DS days.

I dont think that Capcom will cancel all their stuff for a platform.

Capcom canceled Street Fighter X Tekken and moved it to 3DS?

You heard it here first, folks.

It's believable
Isnt the game out in less than a month?

gkryhewy

Because it was a repeat of another thread about the same topic that was not locked and made it to ten pages before it died off.

Which thread? The Nikkei article is from last night (US time).
DCharlie said:
hell, one suggestion was that Nintendos stock price was rising because of the article

Which is silly, because Sony's share price increased by about the same amount.

Since we are back to that article, who is the author of that piece?

Looks like it's the VP of IDGA Japan, he is no random journalist, I'm sure.

Top Bottom