• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 7, 2012 (Feb 13 - Feb 19)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wii vs. Vita should be funny in the upcoming weeks.

I feel bad for saying this as a new Vita owner :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Binary Domain did "good" and Theatrhythm "bomba"? I never understood the appeal of the latter, but where's the logic in that? Do people expect Nagoshi's latest to do gangbusters in western markets?

S1gHl.gif
Playstation family commanding a sizable 32.4% share of the market.

:p

Kazerei

Banned
Great numbers for New Love Plus and Binary Domain.
Theatrhythm was supply-constrained, so I expect it'll do well over the next few weeks and end up selling great.
Tekken bombed, but maybe it deserved to since the reviews were kind of negative.
Good People Die didn't do that well either, but it's interesting that the split was only 60/40.
RE Revelaitons is holding up decently.

Grimmy

Banned
Until the next big release (Persona 4, I assume?), I think Sony need to take every week that it's above 10k as a positive.

I'd say you should go lower - maybe 5000.

That said, in between now and Persona 4, at least two games should sell at least 20k:

3/29 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012 (Konami)
4/26 Ciel Nosurge (Gust)

.....that's it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nvm.

Though I find if surprising GPD did somewhat on par. I kinda expected the Vita version to tank harder depite my prediction being high.

Those Vita numbers don't bold well for future eastern third party support...

And the system that DOES have it, isn't region free. Fuck console gaming.

LoL yeah European japanise games lovers will be doubly fucked up if all 3rd party support goes 3DS way.

Rhythm Thief finally fell off :'(

3DS + Love Plus = BOOM!

Poor Vita, nothing I see coming out soon is going to boost those numbers.

That said, in between now and Persona 4, at least two games should sell at least 20k:

3/29 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012 (Konami)
4/26 Ciel Nosurge (Gust)

.....that's it.

What about Sumioni ? Isn't it coming somewhere like next week ?

Wow, Tekken sales are terrible. At least Resident Evil is still hanging it in there. New Love Plus is number one, which was obvious. Let's see how next week is for 3DS. Good to see it hit the 5 Million Mark.

As for Vita, it drops, and so does Gravity Rush. The 999 sequel sells more on 3DS than Vita.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Too bad GPD didn't do well in Japan. But then again 999 didn't do well either. It's all up to us yanks to ensure its success!

Grimmy

Banned
What about Sumioni ? Isn't it coming somewhere like next week ?

You must have missed last week's chart, since Sumioni debuted there at position #42.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2012 (Feb 06 - Feb 12)

42./00. [PSV] Sumioni: Demon Arts <ACT> (Acquire) {2012.02.09} (¥5.229)

LOL

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
No surprises this week.

Great LovePlus and Theatrhythm numbers, reasonable Binary Domain performance, Good People Die's numbers on par with 999's, and Tekken tanking.

Bold prediction time:

3DS will hit 6,000,000 before Vita hits 700,000.

It'll be close.

mclem

I don't see the PSV going lower than the Wii in the near future, although I could well be wrong.

(On which note: Just Dance Wii's legs are remarkable. Best third-party legs I've seen in quite some time for something that's not Monster Hunter. That said: isn't the Wii version the *only* version in Japan? Why's it called Just Dance Wii, then? It seems redundant)

angelfly

Maybe it's just me but aren't the 3rd party 3DS and Vita titles on par with each other in terms of sales? Of course that doesn't include big hitters like MH, IE, Layton, FF, and RE. Though it's slightly higher on the 3DS.

3DS software on average debuts higher and actually sells systems. The majority of people buying Vita games every week seem to be people who already own the system.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Maybe it's just me but aren't the 3rd party 3DS and Vita titles on par with each other in terms of sales? Of course that doesn't include big hitters like MH, IE, Layton, FF, and RE. Though it's slightly higher on the 3DS.

Why would you exclude bigger titles when comparin about 3rd party software performance ? If you compare just niche titles which arent expected to sell more than 10-20k, even the xbox 360 would probably have sold on the same level as the ps3 or ps2 for such games.

Kenka

Wow, Tekken sales are terrible. At least Resident Evil is still hanging it in there. New Love Plus is number one, which was obvious. Let's see how next week is for 3DS. Good to see it hit the 5 Million Mark.

As for Vita, it drops, and so does Gravity Rush. The 999 sequel sells more on 3DS than Vita.

stock-photo-hyper-inflation-german-money-billion-marks-58924900.jpg

Arf arf arf

matmanx1

Just like 999 I'm thinking Good People Die will sell better in the US than it did in Japan. Who would have predicted that of an ADV in the past? No one! Times are changing.

3DS still in beast mode. Everything else HW wise is meh to bad. I think this is going to be a very tough period in Japan for the Vita for at least the first half of 2012. There's simply too much competition from the 3DS and even the PSP and that situation is not likely to change anytime soon.

Vinnk

I can confirm that Theathrithithml is sold out. At least in my town.

The ONE time SE doesn't overship a title...

I'm curious to know what Panic Sony would be like, actually. We've never really seen it.

Before they hit panic button we will see them repeating strategy from PS3 in 2008

First they will bundle memory card then after numbers drop they will start releasing bundles with game and probably alongside it many different colors.

idwl

Bold prediction time:

3DS will hit 6,000,000 before Vita hits 700,000.

not bold , just insane :p The vita should hit 700k in the next 3-4 weeks. while the 3ds would have to suddenly start selling 250k+ per week

edit/ Just realized vita is at 578k thought it was 678k :p nvm it will happen :p

I'm curious to know what Panic Sony would be like, actually. We've never really seen it.

10 Free PSP Go Games?

Maybe we've started to see it already with that rebate programme.

With the choices they make they don't leave themselves a lot of options for panic mode.

Kinvara

The PSV is going to continue to do poorly until another big release which is Persona 4: The Golden (I guess) and that doesn't come until June. Even then, I'm not sure if it'll boost hardware sales that much.

After that it's ?????

3DS is doing well though. PACMAN.

NateDrake

not bold , just insane :p The vita should hit 700k in the next 3-4 weeks. while the 3ds would have to suddenly start selling 250k+ per week

Think Vita is going to triple its current sale pace for no reason? Maybe 6 weeks it'll hit 600k.

You see vita selling 40k a week? What the fuck have you been smoking? Think we might have a new burnt pork on our hands here

considering the big gap of userbase, Vita 999 sequel didn't seem to do that bad... right..?

T3D is the fourth release (counting arcade, BR, and PSP) of the game; not surprising it's picking up the leftover scraps from before.

Guessing GPD bombing much like 999 did is due to the relatively higher supply of quality ADVs in Japan.

mclem

You see vita selling 40k a week? What the fuck have you been smoking? Think we might have a new burnt pork on our hands here

I think he may have just misread things. His argument makes sense if you think he read a '6' at the start of the PSVs LTD numbers rather than a '5'.

Top Bottom