• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2013 (Feb 18 - Feb 24)

I will add to those vita figures if I can find the 32gb bundle. As I posted elsewhere, the bundle has actually been out for a few months but nowhere has stock, seems they are phasing it out entirely with the new price.

And that's without counting direct sales from eShop. It should be around 3.4 millions counting them. It's a massacre.

Actually the famitsu data includes eshop sales. Mediacreate does not and its animal crossing sales are around 2.6million

Edit: never mind, misunderstood that you were referring to direct eshop sales rather than the cards sold in store

Cross posting (slightly edited) from the Nintendo Holiday thread

Wii U 2012 1st Party in Japan
-Wind Waker HD (Fall)
-Wii Party U
-Wii Fit U (Spring ~ Summer)
-Pikmin 3 (Spring ~ Summer)
-The Wonderful 101 (Spring ~ Summer)
-Game & Wario (March, JP, coming to EU/US)
-Lego City: Undercover (March EU/US, coming to JP)
-Rayman Legends
(*-New Super Luigi U (NSMBU DLC))

Unconfirmed, but possible:
-Yarn Yoshi
-Monolith Soft's 'X'
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Those titles should stimulate sales of the system by the end of the year. If not, Nintendo is well fucked.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Amazing Rising sales. Wow.

Wii U...below 10k and Nintendo right now has zero games announced for April and one game past that- Revelations.

I would have thought the one market Nintendo would have their shit together would be Japan. Appears not.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
That sub-10k laughing zone! I thought it'd take 2-weeks, but WiiU is dropping like a rock. Thing is in serious fucking trouble.

Dat Revengeance sales! Exciting week. Great to finally see Platinum enjoy sales success as its been so long since Bayonetta. Metal Gear label obviously helped, but so too did an ACTUAL marketing and TV advert campaign. WHO KNEW.

8LulJAH.png

1kmc3RA.png

That's pretty crazy, Sony getting "only" 30% of the hardware sales, but 60% of software.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I expect to see Wii U's sale continue to drop for the next few weeks to 7kish and monster hunter to do little for the wii U sales as well (probably boost hw sales 50k and then proceed to drop). They deserves it for doing so little regarding the 3rd party situation.

I'll be fine with my 3DS in the meantime.

I expect to see Wii U's sale continue to drop for the next few weeks to 7kish and monster hunter to do little for the wii U sales as well (probably boost hw sales 50k and then proceed to drop). They deserves it for doing so little regarding the 3rd party situation.

Monster Hunter is already out.

Monster Hunter already released for Wii U. Yes, start panicking.

I'd be surprised if the Vita bump next week is much over 100K (if that), but I'll be even more surprised if it's still above 15K by the end of next month.

100k would be amazing. That's not going to happen.

I'd be surprised if the Vita bump next week is much over 100K (if that), but I'll be even more surprised if it's still above 15K by the end of next month.

Will Wii U drop below 5K/week soon? Probably. Truly astonishing that Nintendo has fucked up relations with Japanese third parties this badly.

Monster Hunter was launch in Japan. March sees DQX Beta, NFS: Most Wanted, Game & Wario, with DQX released properly in April.

Bruno MB

Number of weeks it took the following systems to drop below 10.000 units: (Famitsu)

PS2 - 402 (week 39 and 40 it sold 8.136 and 3.306 units respectively due to supply issues)
PSP - 394
NDS - 337
Wii - 224
GBA - 214
PS3 - 27
PSV - 17
Wii U - 12
Xbox 360 - 5
GCN - 5
Xbox - 4

3DS - 24 (week before price drop)

Will Wii U drop below 5K/week soon? Probably. Truly astonishing that Nintendo has fucked up relations with Japanese third parties this badly.

I'd be surprised if its over 35k

crinale

Given the popularity of 3DS, releasing software to WiiU that is already out for 3DS won't do much. I think new Smash Bros. will single-handedly save WiiU.

NeonZ

Cross posting (slightly edited) from the Nintendo Holiday thread

Those titles should stimulate sales of the system by the end of the year. If not, Nintendo is well fucked.

They really need to get Mario Kart and maybe even Smash Bros out this year. Leave the 3DS version for later if necessary, but the Wii U really needs as many heavy hitters as possible just to even approach the PS3's level, which still isn't a good number overall.

NeonZ

The one coming out on 3DS? Sure.

The early interview about the project suggested they'd be different games, with the 3DS one having more single player/co-op focus, while the Wii U one would be a traditional Smash, but that was before any real development had started, IIRC. So, the situation right now might have changed.

Part of me wants to see just how low Wii U can go. Emergency direct with Retro's game, 3D Mario and Mario Kart reveal videos, and Bayonetta 2 reveal!

Edit: I really doubt the handheld version of Smash comes close to the Wii U version's sales even with how the Wii U is doing.

BlackJace

Nintendo really needs to do something quick about the Wii U.
On the other hand, excellent sales for MGR R. One of the most refreshing games I've played in a good long while.

Rocky

Banned
No. Look at that software chart. Seriously its a big flashing light that explains the graphs immediately.

I agree if its a port but we don't know the situation yet.

All I see is 59.68% on the Famitsu graph and 57.44% on the Media Create graph. Both numbers are close enough to round up to 60%.

All I see is 59.68% on the Famitsu graph and 57.44% on the Media Create graph. Both numbers are close enough to round up to 60%.

01./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ADV> (Konami) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 308.681 / NEW

There.

On the other hand, excellent sales for MGR R. One of the most refreshing games I've played in a good long while.

Well the more drastic stuff should wait till games come out. Whats the point in big losses for little difference to sales.
They just need to ensure Mario Kart is out in the summer or something at best. Not saying that will happen, but it'd give them leverage for more drastic action on the price.

Why ISN'T Brain Age coming out for the Wii U?

It seems like a perfect fit to me.

Also, it seems like the Wii U is doing better in Japan than US, right? For the GC it was quite the reverse.

nickcv

i don't really know what can they possibly do at this time.
the console needs SW desperately, and you do not develop software over night.
For at least one month nothing will improve about the wii u situation.

Top Bottom