• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet the Titans in Titanfall 2

sagat2036

I remember now!!! In the original titanfall you has to completed the "campaign" twice to unlock Ogre and Stryder.

Guess what we'll be doing for Vanguard the custom loadout titan...
I dont know, I making shit up!

I remember now!!! In the original titanfall you has to completed the "campaign" twice to unlock Ogre and Stryder.

I'd be willing to make a bet that if Respawn included one custom loadout Titan for MP it would be the most used one. But we all know that isn't going to happen because "Heroes".

Gator86

Scorch was nigh unplayable for me without the dash. Pretty sure I couldn't play any Titan without any dashes at all. Might was well just charge at any Titan you see because you sure as hell aren't going to dodge any damage.

Yeah, entirely unsure how people manage to not kill you when you can't dash. You're just a sitting duck, especially now with the missing shields.

E92 M3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow

he looks customisable or he gets different abilities throughout the game. He is seen using sword block and other abilities in this trailer.

Would be nice if BT(?) is unlockable, and simply has generic executions so he can have any combination.

But really, Tone's abilities all complement each other with the lock-on mechanic, so I'm not sure if that could work.

Am I suspecting a hover + plasma charge from afar to be the BnB of this Titan? I can see that causing them to steal so many Bounties lol

It seems like in campaign the Titan is linked to the MC, so it will just get upgraded depending on the mission.

That's my guess at least.

--

Scorch without dash is hell. Any Titan without dash is hell lol.

We can speculate on what options we are likely to have here:

- Enhanced Auto-Titan targetting ✓
- Additional Dash ✓
- Start with Smoke (meh lol)
-

I can't really think of much

Faster projectile
Longer lasting/larger AOE
Start with shield

TBF, I only know a few of what the known options are to consider what they might put in.

rackham

Banned

They changed that shortly after. It was barely a campaign.

KodaRuss

Each of these Titans look unique which is really cool. Not sure if I can pick just one of them. I ended up playing as Scorch a lot more than Ion in the alpha test but both were really cool.

I am all over this game right now. After playing some of the Battlefield 1 beta, there is no question I am getting this game over BF and COD.

Congratulations. Did you actually manage to kill multiple Titans in straight up fights, because any half-decent pilot would have inflicted significant damage to you before the fight was over?

Yes I did. Titan fights were about the only thing I could do well with the ps4 controller, since I haven't touched one before and haven't played a FPS with a controller in like 5 years.

I put 100+ hours into TF1, never went past Gen3, just because I fucking refused to do that stupid Railgun challenge. I hated that gun. lol

I think I did the majority of it in LTS. It's so good there. Plinking away before they can even get into range to do much. I remember people tried to use 2-3 of these to focus down a titan in a single burst or 2.

Izuna

Banned
Faster projectile
Longer lasting/larger AOE
Start with shield

TBF, I only know a few of what the known options are to consider what they might put in.

Oh I remember, there was Overcore (start with 20% core build time). It's funny how the description says time, even though it began with no similarity to a timer...

I don't think they'd be too useful. Titan Kits, outside of dash, seem to be about offense. Maybe stuff like:

- Longer Smoke (would be really nice actually)
- Bigger Eject Explosion
- or something

Stuff that would modify an attack (since these are the same across all Titans) sounds very unlikely.

edit: found some nice R1 Plasma Railgun gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lfxc53eJ3Y

40mm is the much better weapon in this game though

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That trailer was awesome. Love the Titan designs. Very excited for this after the tech test and the campaign footage.
Girl; Angel City never left.

As someone who is on PS4 and didn't play the first game, that map being added shortly after launch is greatly appreciated. I've heard people rave about it for years now. Classic maps are A-OK with me for this game.

E92 M3

I put 100+ hours into TF1, never went past Gen3, just because I fucking refused to do that stupid Railgun challenge. I hated that gun. lol

That reminded me: I NEVER prestiged in CoD4 and played the game for nearly 1000 hours.

My friends made fun of me all the time.

Yes I did. Titan fights were about the only thing I could do well with the ps4 controller, since I haven't touched one before and haven't played a FPS with a controller in like 5 years.

With the open sight lines in the maps I can't see how a Scorch without dash would be able to react/move fast enough to random bits of cover to avoid getting long-ranged to death.

Revas

Clearly you all had different experiences, but using Stryder to hit enemy titans engaged in other fights was effective for me in R1. Not the best weapon in most cases, but it's fun. Glad to see it has returned.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The snippets of new maps give me a little hope that the maps are better than what we were shown, even if they are just snippets.

I'm definitely liking the new diverse Titan styles. I wonder if they will have 'personalities' to match, or if there will be a suite of voices to earn/choose from like in T1. I liked my different T1 loadouts having unique voices as it helped me associate a certain playstyle with a the Titan I was using based on voice.

Also, the trailer looks gorgeous but I have to point out that there is no HUD to be found anywhere in that video. I still think the new HUD is pretty bad and wish Respawn would rethink it. They said you will have the option to turn it off in the final game which is good. Hopefully there are options beyond just all on or off though.

E92 M3

Seriously though, why does Respawn insist on adding more auto aim bullshit with Legion's smart core. Why?!

Lol, can't you just keep it to one thread? You're acting like it's some big deal without even playing the final game.

Honestly, complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Rayme

Seriously though, why does Respawn insist on adding more auto aim bullshit with Legion's smart core. Why?!

...wat.

It's a titan core. It activates for X seconds and must be earned. It is cousin to things like DEATH ANIME CHEST LASERS, and GUIDED MISSILE BULLET HELLS.

(Is there even released footage of it in action, yet?)

E92 M3

...wat.

It's a titan core. It activates for X seconds and must be earned. It is cousin to things like DEATH ANIME CHEST LASERS, and GUIDED MISSILE BULLET HELLS.

It's subtle "concerned" trolling. Controls and aiming were literally perfect in the tech test. Game played as smooth as Destiny.

EL CUCO

Destiny plays great for being 30fps, but it doesn't hold a candle to Titanfall. I marathon'd the heck out of that Tech Test. When I went back to Destiny, I wanted to rip my eyes off lol

It's subtle "concerned" trolling. Controls and aiming were literally perfect in the tech test. Game played as smooth as Destiny.

I cant even...

and the comparison to Destiny...

nsr.gif

Izuna

Banned
I'm sure the purpose of the smart core is to hit multiple targets at once.

Edit: Thee discussions really miss Swol

I think it's good. I can't wait to mow down a bunch of pilots using it. But it sounds extremely weak in titan v titan combat where the auto-aim doesn't mean as much compared to quickly taking out 2-3 pilots ripping around on walls and such.

Born was talking about the auto-aim core power of legion. Not aim assist.

...wat.

Missiles have travel time and can be dodged with boost (and don't lock onto pilots), lasers have to be aimed and can be dodged, how do I counter a chaingun with a built in aimbot?

Unless it doesn't lock on pilots, in which case it's a lot less concerning.

Bsigg12

Well you're in luck. Because Titanfall 2 is exactly like BLOPS 3.

Na. Given the maps in the beta weren't the best showcase for movement for the pilots, it is still far smoother than BLOPS 3. The wall running mechanic is severely limited in BLOPS 3 when compared to Titanfall 2.

Anyways, the Titans look cool, I just wish we had the ability to outfit our own like in the first game.

Freiya

One of the only complaints I had about the first game was not being able to pick and choose more shit for my Titan and for the 2nd game they just completely said FU and took all the damn options away. Game is such a let down as someone who loved TF. I totally rather choose between pre made titans and not be able to make my own! that sounds like such a step in the right direction! not.

This just further cements my cancellation and makes me sad. Before the announcement I was expecting Armored Core levels of Titan customization, not a regress to these lame Titan "hero units". Let me have my Titan, how I want to play, with my options.

E92 M3

I think it's good. I can't wait to mow down a bunch of pilots using it. But it sounds extremely weak in titan v titan combat where the auto-aim doesn't mean as much compared to quickly taking out 2-3 pilots ripping around on walls and such.

Born was talking about the auto-aim core power of legion. Not aim assist.

I know, but it's all coming from the same place.

spannicus

Saw a vid where someone had red or pink camo on a Titan. Sure there will be skins. Damn cant wait till release. I'd take a ton of classic Titanfall style maps.

Top Bottom