• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 rated in Korea

!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Mega Man 7 & 8 are incredibly underrated so I'm all in. Shame that it's only four games though (or maybe five with Bass but fuck that impossible game, lol), I hope we'll eventually get collections for both X and Zero.

You can already pick it up on a still fairly attainable platform via the DS/3DS

MMX Collection they could easily just solve by bringing it over as a PS2 classic via PSN as the port itself was excellent

MM7 at this point is pretty much tied to a Nintendo platform via VC or the shitty MM Anniversary Collection on PS2 which had the glitched ending.

If this is the remaining Classic main games it feels weird that &Bass is not among them supposedly. I have my issues with that game but I don't feel it should be left out.

jonno394

Would love a Battle Network collection, but isn't it more likely it's Megaman X?

If this misses Switch then i'm really perplexed with regards to Capcoms level of support.

edit - Just saw it includes 7, 8 9 and 10.

Tizoc

Mega Man 7 & 8 are incredibly underrated so I'm all in. Shame that it's only four games though (or maybe five with Bass but fuck that impossible game, lol), I hope we'll eventually get collections for both X and Zero.

7 and 8 should be approached differently to the NES games in how they are played IMO.
I personally like 8 the most of the original series, with 2 being my 2nd favourite.

120v

i'll pay anything to have Mega Man 9 on steam. game is a fucking masterpiece

could care less about other stuff, but whatever. gimme MM9 and i can die happy

7 and 8 should be approached differently to the NES games in how they are played IMO.
I personally like 8 the most of the original series, with 2 being my 2nd favourite.

8, while it may not be the most satisfying from a gameplay standpoint by any means, is easily the most inviting/charming of the series. It still looks wonderful and just has a great, Saturday Morning vibe :)
I feel like they finally started to nail the ideal look/tone but then... yeah, the series just stopped after that.

Tizoc

8, while it may not be the most satisfying from a gameplay standpoint by any means, is easily the most inviting/charming of the series. It still looks wonderful and just has a great, Saturday Morning vibe :)
I feel like they finally started to nail the ideal look/tone but then... yeah, the series just stopped after that.

Megaman/Rockman was Capcom's franchise for the younger audience but overtime, he didn't catch on with newer younger generation (in Japan).

IMO a Rockman game can work without being in 8bit, just implement the speed of the 8bit games onto a new visual style and it can work.

Who is doing this new compilation though? It'd be wicked if it were M2 for one thing.

Megaman/Rockman was Capcom's franchise for the younger audience but overtime, he didn't catch on with newer younger generation (in Japan).

IMO a Rockman game can work without being in 8bit, just implement the speed of the 8bit games onto a new visual style and it can work.

Who is doing this new compilation though? It'd be wicked if it were M2 for one thing.

Agreed

Also, fairly certain Digital Eclipse will be handling this as well. First collection turned out great (for the most part, lol) and they're already a trusted partner w/ Capcom.

I hope they'll fix their sound issues though. The Disney Afternoon Collection is neat but the sound is just terrible for me half the time on PS4.

Yukinari

The least they could do is also add Megaman&Bass or like both versions of MM8.

Its alright though cause it will be a poor emulation just like the previous collection.

Tizoc

So it's gonna have only 4 games? The previous collection had 6.
They could include the 2 Arcade games.

Maybe there will be Unlockable games?
Based on this the following games are not in the collection
Rockman Soccer
Rockman Arcade 1+2
Rockman Battle & Chase
Rockman & Bass
Rockman Board game NES

Oh man. I love this.

MM8 is one of my favorite of the classic series.

I hope this comes to Switch as well, for portability.

Zalman

If they do a physical release, I might jump in, but I hope there's more than just 7-10. And yeah, I would have preferred Mega Man X at this point.

PLEASE, add the ZX'es too while you're at it Capcom.
They won't add anything. They are gonna sell of those sagas separately to maximize profit. You're gonna get the X Collection, the ZX Collection, the Legends Collection and so on. I don't mind tho. I've been looking for cheap ways to replay the entire franchise and this fits greatly into what I want.

Intel_89

Worth it for 9 and 10 alone, 7 is decent, 8 is mediocre but I like the sountrack. Count me in, hopefully there'll be a retail mega man legacy complete collection.

MrT-Tar

I have wondered for a while why 9 and 10 weren't ported to 8th gen platforms. I guess that's what we are seeing now. The following things strike me as odd though:

- The relative lack of games. I expected Forte as well, at the very least.

- The lack of a Switch version. Sales seem to be good, power/storage won't be an issue, and Capcom don't seem to have an issue with pricy ports (Ultra Street Fighter II). You would think Capcom would want to capitalise on Megaman's Smash appearances.

On one hand, it'd be nice to have 9 & 10 on current gen, and doubly so if it gets a physical release, since 9 & 10 were digital only previously.

...On the other hand, if Digital Eclipse is doing these, I'm not hopeful that they won't mess up the audio.

It'd be neat if these included the GB games or the Arcade games, though.

RowdyReverb

If this indeed includes a SNES game and a PS1 game, then it stands to reason that a lot of the legwork for making a MMX Legacy Collection has already been done since they've made the emulators already.

and a collection even poorer that the first one... nice job capcom!

As much as i love megaman, i can't support them with these.... i kept buying rerelease for years hoping they would release a new game....

and still nothing!

So no, i won't fall for this again (sure it's nice for newcomer, but considering collection released 10 yyears ago contained more game, that's a joke!)

Marcel

I'll probably pass on this one since I already own 9/10 and 7/8 aren't worth buying on their own. They're fairly weak games compared to their predecessors.

jacobeid

Banned
On the one hand I'd be very happy to see MM9 and 10 on current gen PC but on the other hand I really just want an X collection.

7 and 8 are kinda meh. I wonder what else they'd package them with?

To be frank, the first Legacy Collection was already a bit of a rip-off considering the Anniversary Collection had 1-6, 7 and 8, and both arcade games.

Let's be fair: Legacy was also half the price of Anniversary and had much better emulation. From my admittedly terrible memory the bonus stuff was also better in Legacy.

I will admit I don't see much of an appeal for this new collection.

Top Bottom