• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 rated in Korea

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Keep holding on to your copies people...

vntUnEs.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Weak Sauce if it's 7-10.

Should have just done a X collection.

I own the original collection on 3ds, but I think I'll pass on this if it's just 7, 8, 9, and 10.

Raitaro

I'd hoped it would include the Mega Man X games. Don't really have any interest in more of the standard series.

I'm kinda with you on this, though MM9 (and arguably 10) do deserve to be on modern platforms. My personal love for Mega Man only fully kicked in when I played the first X game back in the day. Only years later was I able to go back and more fully appreciate the NES games (while still preferring the X games overal).

Weird by the way, assuming it's them again, that Digital Eclipse is working with Capcom on a collection again and not another publisher this time. Not that I'm complaining but I'd love to see them branch out and do a Castlevania one with Konami for instance.

I also wonder if this new collection will add the rewind function featured in the Disney Afternoon Collection. I would have liked to have this option in the first MM collection as well and am hoping they might patch it in at some point (even if one could argue that it ruins the challenge of these games and as such their play time - though an option to toggle it off would partly help to alleviate that).

Rlan

Keen to know if Digital Eclipse are still behind it, since this includes SNES & XBLA games. So far their tech has been NES focused.

Read "Legacy" as "Legends" and got a bit overly excited. Wasn't the first legacy set wonky or something? Not too sure - Never picked it up since I had the collection they put out on gamecube way back when and didn't feel the need to revisit them again.

WarRock

7-10 without & Bass, a couple of spin offs or the GB Megaman titles feels less compelling than 1-6.

But I'll probably grab it anyway.

Time to place your bets on whether or not the version of MegaMan 8 included is the superior Saturn version or not. Frankly, I wouldn't hold your breathe...

Can we get a physical version straight up, Capcom? Please don't make me wait another year for it.

Also, MM8 Saturn version and restored MM7 ending please!

EDIT - FUCKING - PLATINUM - TROPHY on PS4, Capcom! It's been almost ten years! I want a Megaman Platinum trophy!

Keen to know if Digital Eclipse are still behind it, since this includes SNES & XBLA games. So far their tech has been NES focused.

The sensible thing should be to hire Inti Creates to handle 9 & 10 ports, I'm sure they can handle the emulation for the other games too.

ash_ag

Not including & Bass is awfully arbitrary. Are they thinking it's a spin-off or something? 7, 9 and 10 are very easy to get hold of via VC and digital stores. 8 is a bit harder to obtain in Europe, since it's only available on the Japanese and NA PS Store. But a localized SNES version of Bass should have been the primary appeal of this collection.

Edit:
Oh, the Korean board description actually says 7~10, not "7, 8, 9 and 10". That could mean that all five games are included.

Time to place your bets on whether or not the version of MegaMan 8 included is the superior Saturn version or not. Frankly, I wouldn't hold your breathe...
No way. I don't think I've ever seen a Sega Saturn game actually emulated for a newer console on a collection like this. It's always the easier to port version, or a port built from the source.

Kneefoil

Megaman Legends 1/2 or bust!

Didn't think I'd be interested in a Mega Man collection, but this would be the one way to do it. Wouldn't mind if they added The Misadventures of Tron Bonne into the mix as well.

What I'm expecting this to be, however, is just Mega Man 7, 8, 9 and 10, and maybe the original Game Boy games. That's about it.

Edit: Only now noticed the update. Welp. That's a weak collection, if it's only 7, 8, 9 and 10, although 9 is the best game in the series.

TreIII

Huh, how interesting. Will scoop up, when these come out.

Going to go on a limb and say that X is being held back for something closer to MvC's launch.

ibrahima

Banned
I've referred to my attorney and yes I would like to buy Mega Man 7 again, thank you.

Being able to play 9 and 10 on a portable wouldn't go amiss either, but I'll make do with PS4.

Opa-Pa

Holy shit, 9 and 10 on new platforms? The collection would be more than worth it for that alone.

It's weird though, I wonder if it's Digital Eclipse again at all, I mean, this is essentially an SNES, a PS1 and two last gen digital download games, there's no cohesion between them at all haha. I hope it's a quality work regardless.

Would kill for a 3DS version... I hope the japanese market helps that happen.

Zia

Hated 9 and 10 and think as a collection this has a lot less historical value than the first, so I hope that they included some bonus content like Wily Wars and Rockman's Soccer.

TreIII

Yeah, X1 to X8 plus CM, but you know what will be lovely?, an HD port of Maverick Hunter/Powered UP, those games deserve another chance.

This is what I've been proposing for awhile, especially in light of X getting such a major push in MvC Infinite.

A remastered version of MHX would be an effective way to "reboot" the X brand by just giving a modern chance to play those games in the first place, I just don't know if they would have to re-dub the game at this point, or keep the Blue Water one.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I need an X collection because I need a reason for what I'm fighting FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It would be weird if GB MM5 came along but not the other GB MM/Rockman World games, though said games are also mostly superfluous since they're basically the NES games with mixed up boss selections and a new 'rival' enemy boss characters. But MM5 is pretty great with its own unique selection of bosses and plot, and a final boss that isn't Wily for once, so skipping out on it would be a shame.

I honestly thought Rockman World IV was the most fun out of the bunch, even if V was all original content. IV had some very funny level design, like the devs were intentionally poking at your nerves at times, and the cutscene style in the game + the story with Ballade was pretty cool.

Not to mention that final boss theme

jello44 said:
I need an X collection because I need a reason for what I'm fighting FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

image.php

Maxim726X

At this point, particularly with the inclusion of Sigma in MvC, I can't think of a good reason not to release an MMX collection.

I can't imagine it would be a difficult task to undertake (just port the PS2/GC version?) and sell a few copies. It's not going to do gangbusters, but it really doesn't require that much of an investment.

Top Bottom