• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

It's on sale right now on the 3DS eshop, but I heard there's some issues with the digital version compared to physical.... is this still true?

I have the physical 3DS version, and Mega Man 5 runs choppy there too. It seems like a weird oversight, because all of the other games (and the Japanese "Rockman 5" version of MM5, which is also included worldwide) run like butter.

Card Boy

Banned
Never played any Mega Man game to completion. I have dabbled here and there over the years but i thought i would start from the start with the first one. HOLY FUCK at the first game. It makes the Souls games and Ys look like COD. I got desperate and am save scumming and i can't do the last level where you have to fight all the bosses again SHIT takes you back to the start of the level if you die!!!

Opa-Pa

Since this thread got bumped, might as well ask: which is the best/most stable version of this game between PC, PS4, and 3DS?

I own it on all three but have mostly played on PS4 and 3DS. PS4 didn't give me any trouble aside of the audio glitching after using save states, but only twice during my 1-6 marathon, and I believe it was patched afterwards. 3DS is solid all around except MM5 runs pretty bad, but you just need to switch to the japanese version and it runs flawless.

Never played any Mega Man game to completion. I have dabbled here and there over the years but i thought i would start from the start with the first one. HOLY FUCK at the first game. It makes the Souls games and Ys look like COD. I got desperate and am save scumming and i can't do the last level where you have to fight all the bosses again SHIT takes you back to the start of the level if you die!!!

Don't feel too bad. The first game is very weirdly balanced and that boss rush is absurd. I usually don't even try to dodge Fireman's attacks but make sure the rest don't hit me. Keep trying with save states if necessary, no shame in that.

The series gets far more reasonable with the second game onwards, MM2 is the easiest actually, so don't let the first one scare you.

rackham

Banned
Bought the physical copy a while ago with the intention of playing it

Still sealed though. Don't know if this is one of those games I shouldn't open. I want those stickers inside though dammit.

Narroo

I just got the 3DS version for $7.50, not realizing it was available on steam for $7.50 as well.

Is it me, or does the 3DS version feel a bit unresponsive. The menus seem to be a bit slow and something feels off with the controls, but I can't put my finger on it.

Also, I didn't realize that the filters and aspect modes where removed from the 3DS version, which sucks. And I'm thinking that maybe the 3DS screen is too small for megaman. I think I regret purchasing this on the 3DS.

How's this on PS4? I might finally import a retail copy of this but I'm worried about the emulation.

Seemed fine to me, managed to finish all 6 games and all the challenges with no noticeable lag/controller issues. Emulation seemed on point bar one sound bug which sometimes occurred when starting a game, but I believe that was patched out (and if not, it just requires you to reload the game, so not the worst problem the game could have).

I did have a really odd issue with the Xbox One version - the main menus for the collection ended up getting corrupted so it was difficult to navigate them, no issues once you start the games themselves, just when navigating from one game to the next etc. Not sure if that was fixed via another patch, because I tried reinstalling it etc. and that never helped. If I used my Xbox One all that much I'd actually be more bothered.

Intel_89

Played through all the games on my PS4, and it was great....no issues at all.

Seemed fine to me, managed to finish all 6 games and all the challenges with no noticeable lag/controller issues. Emulation seemed on point bar one sound bug which sometimes occurred when starting a game, but I believe that was patched out (and if not, it just requires you to reload the game, so not the worst problem the game could have).

I did have a really odd issue with the Xbox One version - the main menus for the collection ended up getting corrupted so it was difficult to navigate them, no issues once you start the games themselves, just when navigating from one game to the next etc. Not sure if that was fixed via another patch, because I tried reinstalling it etc. and that never helped. If I used my Xbox One all that much I'd actually be more bothered.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably end up picking up a PS4 retail copy.

Thinking about getting this, is the audio bug still there on ps4? Or is there a good work around if it is?

Only audio bug still present in the PS4 version is popping on (certain?) tracks. Its more audible on certain tracks (like the get weapon theme from Mega Man 2), otherwise I personally didn't notice any audio issues.

Top Bottom