• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

I see even Nintendo has liked that Facebook page.

Now if Capcom could only show support for Project Rainful, the circle would be complete and the sky fall.

Liked the facebook page.

Ive never played a MM legends game, but ive seen playthorughs on youtube and they looked fantastic so I wanted to have my first MM legends with 3 on 3DS. No fucking capcom cancels it.

Its not only sad becuase of the cancellation but also seeing like a beloved HISTORIC videogame character like MegaMan is going to dissapear, that cant happen by any means, and I will support any cause that gives him a rebirth.

wwm0nkey

demonturkey said:
I see even Nintendo has liked that Facebook page.

Now if Capcom could only show support for Project Rainful, the circle would be complete and the sky fall.
What Nintendo paged liked it?

wwm0nkey

Riposte said:
MMOs make everything worse. EVERYTHING.
Oh for Battle Network I think they could work it out since that is the basic idea of the universe. That or re-release a collection of them on DD services with the option for 1v1 online.

Roto13

I would absolutely buy a Mega Man Battle Network collection for DS or 3DS, like the other Mega Man collections. I only played the first one.

Zen said:
Well it's essentially a facebook group aiming to get 100 thousand likes for reviving MegaMan Legends 3. It opened 3-4 days ago I think?

We saw MegaMan Universe cancelled, MegaMan won't be inthje new itteration of MvC, and now Legends has been cancelled.

I think it's pretty clear that Capcom as a company isn't as interested in MegaMan anymore now that Inafune has left, and that's a shame. Even if something like hitting 'like' doesn't result in Legends being uncancelled, it's vital for fans of MegaMan to do their best to show that there's a market for these games and that we want them. Namco was shocked, and ended up localizing Tales because a facebook group dedicated to such got 50 thousand likes, these things are noticed.
The Tales decision was made without huge consideration of the Facebook thing.

It was more because they were developing increasingly expensive games with no worldwide aim and titles they'd cater to the west (Enslaved, that other game that had the prolapsed anus enemies that I can't remember the name of right now) would bomb.

They didn't completely ignore the facebook thing, but 50,000 likes is basically nothing. 100k sales are not good enough to keep the Tales series going in the U.S., 50k people who likely won't commit their money to buying the game when it comes out do not make a huge difference.

Of course, since they're Namco, they're doing it the Namco way. Late Tales of the Abyss, late Tales of Graces F, Xillia existing in complete limbo with regard to localization, etc.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Liked the facebook page.

Ive never played a MM legends game, but ive seen playthorughs on youtube and they looked fantastic so I wanted to have my first MM legends with 3 on 3DS. No fucking capcom cancels it.

Its not only sad becuase of the cancellation but also seeing like a beloved HISTORIC videogame character like MegaMan is going to dissapear, that cant happen by any means, and I will support any cause that gives him a rebirth.

Even if it lead to this kind of rebirth ?
q6Pls.jpg

Sometime..the dead better stay dead(Golden Axe,X-Com,Burnout..ect)

Amalthea

Banned
GeekyDad said:
Too early to start worrying about RE: Revelations?

Wich Resident Evil was canceled in the last few years so far into production (RE:portable was just announced and never heard of again)?

At the very least it will get ported too early which could take the wind out of the sails for the 3DS version, but wich Resident Evil had not a port at some point.

Zen

Banned
Roto13 said:
I would absolutely buy a Mega Man Battle Network collection for DS or 3DS, like the other Mega Man collections. I only played the first one.

Which Battle Network game is the best? I only vaguely remember playing the series for a small amount of time and would like to play some old MegaMan content that's new to me.

wwm0nkey

Zen said:
Which Battle Network game is the best? I only vaguely remember playing the series for a small amount of time and would like to play some old MegaMan content that's new to me.
I would say either 2 or 3. I personally prefer 3 though.

Riposte

BN2 has a lot of inappropriate material for a kids game lol. Much darker than 3 it so happens, even just within the localization.

Zen

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
The Tales decision was made without huge consideration of the Facebook thing.

It was more because they were developing increasingly expensive games with no worldwide aim and titles they'd cater to the west (Enslaved, that other game that had the prolapsed anus enemies that I can't remember the name of right now) would bomb.

They didn't completely ignore the facebook thing, but 50,000 likes is basically nothing. 100k sales are not good enough to keep the Tales series going in the U.S., 50k people who likely won't commit their money to buying the game when it comes out do not make a huge difference.

Of course, since they're Namco, they're doing it the Namco way. Late Tales of the Abyss, late Tales of Graces F, Xillia existing in complete limbo with regard to localization, etc.

Hey fair enough, I'm sure absolutely sure it wasn't only the facebook likes that did it, but their vice president did directly mention them as having an effect.

When Namco Bandai confirmed Tales of Graces F for North America during their press event, Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing, mentioned there were over 50,000 requests asking for Tales.

"There is a strong existing fanbase. The buzz became too big to ignore, in a sense. Our company’s new theme and challenge is how to embrace community," Makoto Iwai, Bandai Label President, said in a Siliconera interview.

"It’s been a challenge for the JRPG in the US market. As long as they are loyal to this title, why don’t we embrace them? That’s a starting point." Since no platform(s) were announced I asked Iwai to clarify if Tales of Graces F would be released on PlayStation 3 and Wii. "We’ll see. We’re working on it. We’ll make the announcement later on," Iwai replied.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/0...ndais-decision-to-localize-tales-of-graces-f/

leroidys

6 is probably the best EXE, all the cut boktai 3 tie in content hurts though. Lots of people like 3 the best but that seemed to be the most tedious to me, went on for way too long.

wwm0nkey

Riposte said:
BN2 has a lot of inappropriate material for kids game lol. Much darker than 3 it so happens.
I vaguely remember some questionable things, couldn't you spy on Mayl when she was changing or something?

Stylo

I have to say BN 2 is the best followed by BN3. But the gap between those two isn't very large. BN 2> 3>>1>>>>>>everything else.

Riposte

If this ever make a new BN, I would hope that they take the combat seriously. Those games fucking broke so easily, a classic example of devs not giving a shit because they are selling it to kids.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:
I vaguely remember some questionable things, couldn't you spy on Mayl when she was changing or something?
You could do the same to Roll in both Mega Man Legends games.

wwm0nkey

Krev said:
You could do the same to Roll in both Mega Man Legends games.
Yeah I remember that lol

Data: Roll is taking a shower.......maybe you should get cleaned up too?
*enters door*
Roll: Ehhh what do you think you're doing!?
*exits door and does mission completed animation*

lol

Boney

Banned
I only played BN2. Thought it was great.

Maybe I should get a Starforce? any of them decent if you're not in any way burnt out on the franchise?

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah I remember that lol

Data: Roll is taking a shower.......maybe you should get cleaned up too?
*enters door*
Roll: Ehhh what do you think you're doing!?
*exits door and does mission completed animation*

lol
The victory animation was always my favorite part about that scene.

kiryogi

Banned
leroidys said:
6 is probably the best EXE, all the cut boktai 3 tie in content hurts though. Lots of people like 3 the best but that seemed to be the most tedious to me, went on for way too long.
This.

It's pretty concise and has all the new mechanics to date without too much fluff.

Boney said:
I only played BN2. Thought it was great.

Maybe I should get a Starforce? any of them decent if you're not in any way burnt out on the franchise?

Like .EXE 6,Starforce 3 is the best. Although it is the finale too, but avoid 2 at all costs. Could check out 1 to get established with the characters.

I only played BN2 and liked it a lot as a kid. Probably was the most edgy game I was playing at the time, looking back. I mean god, one of the first missions is rescuing Yai while she's taking a bath.

I also recall a bit of fanservice, especially for Legends. Some Servebots and a worn out Data doll, I believe.

qq more

kiryogi said:
This.

It's pretty concise and has all the new mechanics to date without too much fluff.

Like .EXE 6,Starforce 3 is the best. Although it is the finale too, but avoid 2 at all costs. Could check out 1 to get established with the characters.
Yes. Star Force 2 is a horrible piece of shit that killed the series and its sales. I hate the new characters, I hate the story, and I especially hate the high random encounter rate. Such a terrible game.

Glad I'm not the only one here in GAF that likes Star Force. High five!

BN2 has a lot of inappropriate material for a kids game lol.
"Damn it, the Princess is in danger!" - Lan
"Damn it to hell!" - That one villain with Magnet Man
"Who the hell are you?" - Some random kid in an ally.

And not to mention this...

mmbn2-whiskey.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The gameplay of Star Force 2 is fine, but the story is such garbage. "Despite being invented last month, Link power is the most important thing in the world!!!!!! If you don't have Link Power, you aren't cool and the world will fall into Darkness!"

I remember I was a bit excited for starforce 1 but after the snake girl the narrative/plot just wasn't there for me. I may go back but I doubt it. I need to play Battle Network 1 & 2 as well.

qq more said:
Yes. Star Force 2 is a horrible piece of shit that killed the series and its sales. I hate the new characters, I hate the story, and I especially hate the high random encounter rate. Such a terrible game.

Glad I'm not the only one here in GAF that likes Star Force. High five!

The multiplayer was also incredibly broken because of the codes, SPECIALLY the Tribe King code. Dear god, not only did they automatically get Tribe King at the very beginning of the battle, but the stat boosts were ridiculous too. I can understand why since you were supposed to pay money to be able to use it (either for a pack of cards in JP or for the book in the US), but still. That said though, I don't really hate it like most other people do.

Because of the brother band system, you definitely need at least a small community or group of friends to enjoy the games to the fullest though. I think the Gamefaqs forum are still kinda active if you ever need someone to brother with.

...can I join the high five?

GSR

Urban Scholar said:
I remember I was a bit excited for starforce 1 but after the snake girl the narrative/plot just wasn't there for me. I may go back but I doubt it. I need to play Battle Network 1 & 2 as well.

The ending few chapters of the game are pretty decent, all things considered. One of the villains is surprisingly dark for a Megaman RPG -
he's a kid who was abandoned on a garbage heap by his parents when he was a toddler and lived on his own on the streets, eventually developing a split personality and extreme misanthropy.
Better than it sounds.

But if I may join the Starforce discussion - 1 was decent, 3 was good/great, 2 was ohjesuschristwhywhywhy. In between the sky-high encounter rate and abysmal storyline even by MM RPG standards (I damn near turned the game off when
the condor threatened to fucking tickle Geo's friends as his evil plan
) I think it pretty well killed the franchise. And I guess the anime for the series in Japan got the axe right around then, too.

qq more

SolarKnight said:
The multiplayer was also incredibly broken because of the codes, SPECIALLY the Tribe King code. Dear god, not only did they automatically get Tribe King at the very beginning of the battle, but the stat boosts were ridiculous too. I can understand why since you were supposed to pay money to be able to use it (either for a pack of cards in JP or for the book in the US), but still. That said though, I don't really hate it like most other people do.

Because of the brother band system, you definitely need at least a small community or group of friends to enjoy the games to the fullest though. I think the Gamefaqs forum are still kinda active if you ever need someone to brother with.

...can I join the high five?
Yes you can

GSR said:
The ending few chapters of the game are pretty decent, all things considered. One of the villains is surprisingly dark for a Megaman RPG -
he's a kid who was abandoned on a garbage heap by his parents when he was a toddler and lived on his own on the streets, eventually developing a split personality and extreme misanthropy.
Better than it sounds.

Don't forget
Gemini convincing his king to commit genocide on an entire planet. Pretty much everything Pat and Gemini was darker than your usual MM RPG, yeah.

Is the whole
tickling to death
thing in 2 really like that in the original? Ever since I played that part in English I've been hoping it's just the usual changin the script thing CoA does =/

Ookami-kun said:
The BN games stopped being fun when they sell two games for one.

You could still just buy one game and play through.

MMBN6 was absolutely fantastic and a wonderful sendoff for the franchise. Too bad it came after the terrible MMBN4 and mediocre/decent MMBN5 so not a lot of people noticed.

... Same thing with Starforce 3, actually.

qq more

Pureauthor said:
You could still just buy one game and play through.

MMBN6 was absolutely fantastic and a wonderful sendoff for the franchise. Too bad it came after the terrible MMBN4 and mediocre/decent MMBN5 so not a lot of people noticed.

... Same thing with Starforce 3, actually.
Agreed.

The only major gripe I had with 6 is that it was just TOO easy.

Top Bottom