• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

That's not its only problem.

*self avatar quotes*

5 may not have been as good, but it had some really awesome extras on the DS version.

Anyways, it's nice to see the support group getting plenty of recognition.

GameE

I saw the 100,00 Strong thing on the 3DS blog just now, makes me sad that Capcom won't do anything and doesnt give a damn even if this goes well :(

Well it just cracked 25k, 1/4th there in a week, not bad! I remember when I went to go like the page and it was barely limping to 300 likes vs the needed 100,000. My hopes really sunk, but it's really come into something of it's own.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
SwiftSketcher said:
Well it just cracked 25k, 1/4th there in a week, not bad! I remember when I went to go like the page and it was barely limping to 300 likes vs the needed 100,000. My hopes really sunk, but it's really come to something of it's own.
3/4 more then all we'll need is blind luck and fool's hope to make the dream a reality!

Sadly when you're at the mercy of bean-counters, even those things cease to exist.

Nice to know the series still has such a large (ish) fanbase though.

luka said:
3/4 more then all we'll need is blind luck and fool's hope to make the dream a reality!

Sadly when you're at the mercy of bean-counters, even those things cease to exist.

Nice to know the series still has such a large (ish) fanbase though.
Yeah, but it's honestly a lot more than I would have imagined. I remember mentioning to my friend that the devroom total was about 15,000, so we could at least reach that *maybe*. Even then it was only 15,000 thanks to the Japan. The US devroom was a paltry 3,000 in comparison. What this page has gathered so far has been without Japan's fanbase, which is much more significant than ours.

Eusis

SwiftSketcher said:
Yeah, but it's honestly a lot more than I would have imagined. I remember mentioning to my friend that the devroom total was about 15,000, so we could at least reach that *maybe*. Even then it was only 15,000 thanks to the Japan. The US devroom was a paltry 3,000 in comparison. What this page has gathered so far has been without Japan's fanbase, which is much more significant than ours.
Makes me kind of wonder if Capcom should've made a Facebook page about MML3's progress, probably easier to get a bunch of people to like it than to sign up for something they don't want to take part in anyway.

Eusis said:
Makes me kind of wonder if Capcom should've made a Facebook page about MML3's progress, probably easier to get a bunch of people to like it than to sign up for something they don't want to take part in anyway.

Part of the problem is that registration for the Dev Room is/was a PitA.

The Broken Ska Record said:
I honestly never expected MML3 to ever have been made, but I would have loved to just play the Prototype. :(

You and me both.

It's kind of sad, really...I like megaman games, I never was much of a fighting game fan.

Yet Capcom is axing megaman games left and right and he isn't even IN fighting games anymore...

Does this mean the new DmC will be cancelled because the fans aren't involved?!

Yeah the fan efforts are really broadening. Right now the page's ties with Japan are being strengthened with twitter and a mixi account. They're looking into Korea as well to spread the word. A mail-in is being planned for early August too. We'll see where this takes us..

Zen

Banned
Do we have any details on the mail in yet or is everything very hypothetical at the moment?

Even if the game came out and was only ok, I've waited 11 years for a sequel to Legends 2, and to have it promised to the fans and then taken away, has actually been somewhat painful. It wasn't even the wait, it was hoping for a sequel for years before I knew better, to accepting that a sequel would never be made, and then to have that perception shattered with he announcement that it would be coming to the 3DS, only to have everything play out as it has.

Even if fan efforts don't result in Legends 3 being revived; for every fan of good games, for every MegaMan fan, making sure that we're heard is very important. Otherwise the suits at Capcom will see no reason different to ignore the property, and with Inafune gone it's certainly a time of uncertainty.

http://youtu.be/GHdUWSp5pks

ZP9OK.jpg

via 2ch

I wanted a new game with servbots.

I thought with all the servbot promos in Dead Rising, and Marvel they would get a new game.

Instead we have the western Capcom offices mocking us and laughing.

Makes me RAGE!

Forever

Banned
SwiftSketcher said:
Yeah, I've been considering making a new thread here about it, but does it go against forum rules to ask people to "like" a facebook page in support? I don't know.
I don't think they'll mind in this case.

So I updated the OP with all relevant info. Couldn't get clearance for a new thread, but I got a title change at least. Here is the post update.

UPDATE, FAN REVIVAL:
gOCR1.png

A revival effort has started in hopes of reversing the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3, or at the very least considering the release of the finished Prologue Chapter to gauge sales. If you wish to support it, please head to this facebook page and hit like. As of writing, it has grown to 26,000 likes, but we need more help. Our hopes are to reach 100,000 in support:

100,000 Strong to bring back MML3!

There are also efforts worldwide to reverse this decision, including Japan's newly created fan page and twitter account fighting for the cause, you can find them here:

Japanese fan support site.
"DASH once more" twitter feed

Even if you scoff at the idea of an internet petition, or Capcom giving any fucks about it, please still consider supporting it. This is most likely the last chance the Legends series will ever have of being made. The decade-long wait for this game all comes down to this effort, so please consider giving a hand. This vibrant, charming open-world action rpg deserves one last chance and a proper long awaited ending.

Pietepiet

Seems like Capcom is busting down on a lot of things Mega Man suddenly. The Protomen got a cease and desist. Their website now redirects to Capcom Unity :\

Gravijah

Pietepiet said:
Seems like Capcom is busting down on a lot of things Mega Man suddenly. The Protomen got a cease and desist. Their website now redirects to Capcom Unity :\

Are you fucking kidding me?

qq more

I have a feeling that either:

A)C&D is fake but the webmaster of the Protomen site is doing this just for shits and giggles.
B)C&D is fake but someone hacked the site for shits and giggles.
C)C&D is real

I'm leaning towards B

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pietepiet said:
Wait. WHAT.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Pietepiet

qq more said:

A)C&D is fake but the webmaster of the Protomen site is doing this just for shits and giggles.
C)C&D is real

I'm leaning towards B

Yeah, B seems likely now that you mention it. I guess the whole thing is just much more believable because of the Capcom insanity of the past week.

Mzo

I was so amazingly happy when they announced MML3.

I was so crushed by the sudden cancellation.

Give it back, Capcom! I'm trying to rally everyone I know to the cause, I wonder if any number of people would make a difference. They are fucking up big time with all this Mega Man censorship.

Holy shit I was bummed about MML3 but Protomen would take it to a whole new level. I've spent a lot of time hanging out with those guys and they are the best.

How can a hack cause a redirect? I mean, usually these "hacker" types just DDoS a place till it goes down momentarily. A redirect would be deliberate? (unless someone went through the effort to actually hack this to redirect)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pureauthor said:
You could still just buy one game and play through.

MMBN6 was absolutely fantastic and a wonderful sendoff for the franchise. Too bad it came after the terrible MMBN4 and mediocre/decent MMBN5 so not a lot of people noticed.

... Same thing with Starforce 3, actually.
The weird thing about 6 is, the cyberbeasts seemed far, far more menacing than any of the other villains, even though the concept wasn't really different than Alpha in 3. Maybe it was the music?

Gaspode_T

Sorry to burst any bubbles but from what I know of Japanese culture they would be more likely to give up making games all together than they would to reverse a decision of this sort that was obviously made with some amount of deliberation already (talk about major shame move if they change now). The people who were working on Legends 3 could be already starting another project anyway...

I hope Capcom proves me wrong, just would be wise to keep your expectations in check...I actually wish they would have released Mega Man Universe :|

Gaspode_T said:
Sorry to burst any bubbles but from what I know of Japanese culture they would be more likely to give up making games all together than they would to reverse a decision of this sort that was obviously made with some amount of deliberation already (talk about major shame move if they change now). The people who were working on Legends 3 could be already starting another project anyway...

I hope Capcom proves me wrong, just would be wise to keep your expectations in check...I actually wish they would have released Mega Man Universe :|
Would you consider yourself...an expert?

Eusis

Gaspode_T said:

I half expect that if MML3 is given another chance it'd be in a few years and on another platform anyway, and with less community input (though that might end up being a good thing anyway.)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Gaspode_T said:

are you an expert?

qq more said:

C)C&D is real

I'm leaning towards B

Looks a lot more like A to me.

nubbe

The Zero and ZX games were fantastic.
if people had supported them Capcom might not take a giant dump on MegaMan now.

Keiji Inafune... Capcom is nothing without you.. nothing :´(

Top Bottom