• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

I dont play Megaman games but I feel Capcom is laughing at me for MvC3.
Never change, Capcom

realtrollfaceu.jpg

[Nintex]

Ahoi-Brause said:
Capcom's PR Twitter is full of BS anyways.
I imagine it went something like this:

*Twitter guy posts: this rumor is false*
*Walks to supervisor*
"You know this MML3 legends thing is going too far I'm losing my shit here!"
Supervisor: "Now now Johnny, calm down and tell me what's going on?"
"I have to debunk shit like this"
*supervisor reads about C&D*
"Woah, that's actually a great idea, say Johnny what's the number of our legal services again?"

Kerrby

Banned
Pietepiet said:
Seems like Capcom is busting down on a lot of things Mega Man suddenly. The Protomen got a cease and desist. Their website now redirects to Capcom Unity :\

Wow what the fuck Capcom.

This better just be someone fucking around.

EDIT: Where's the tweet saying the thing was fake, I can't find it.

Forever

Banned
Can't shake the feeling that Capcom did it as a warning. Because of the 100,000 strong thing. They're trying to send a message.

Considering the Protomen made a snarky comment about the rumor on their twitter and the fact that Capcom has invited them to perform for them at booths before, I feel safe assuming this is more bs.

wwm0nkey

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Don't know anything about Stephen Colbert (not American,) did he ever cover videogames before?
Well he was going to do a thing about Halo: Reach but those plans got canned, here is an image they made for it though

colbert610.jpg

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Serenade said:
I've heard they were behind 9/11

I chuckled at this, hilarious.

I think we should post baseless conjecture in order to incriminate Capcom for their sins, and it could become an internet meme of sorts.

Hatty

they're just saving all the mega man games for next year when its the 25th anniversary of the character.
you'll see YOU"LL ALL SEE

sn00zer

With UMvC looming in the near future and desperate to cancel MML3, Capcom launches plan UltimateMan.

Knowing the legions of fans would be upset over the cancellation of MML3 Capcom must decide how to satiate the MML3 fans (who would undoubtedly begin FB groups and websites dedicated to uncancelling MML3) without actually developing MML3. Capcom announces the cancellation of MML3. The public outcry for the cancellation of MML3 begins. Websites pop up, forums explode, and gaming news sites spread the news.
Then Capcom springs their trap and unveils a free downloadable Megaman Volnutt for UMvC as a way to "thank the fans of MML3 who want to bring it back and to apologize for MML3" when in reality it was their plan all along. Thus ending the MML3 campaigns and the UMvC hate in on fell swoop.

gwiz210

sn00zer said:
With UMvC looming in the near future and desperate to cancel MML3, Capcom launches plan UltimateMan.

Knowing the legions of fans would be upset over the cancellation of MML3 Capcom must decide how to satiate the MML3 fans (who would undoubtedly begin FB groups and websites dedicated to uncancelling MML3) without actually developing MML3. Capcom announces the cancellation of MML3. The public outcry for the cancellation of MML3 begins. Websites pop up, forums explode, and gaming news sites spread the news.
Then Capcom springs their trap and unveils a free downloadable Megaman Volnutt for UMvC as a way to "thank the fans of MML3 who want to bring it back and to apologize for MML3" when in reality it was their plan all along. Thus ending the MML3 campaigns and the UMvC hate in on fell swoop.
No

Seik

Banned
sn00zer said:

I giggled when I saw that :)

andymcc

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
What would your reactions be if this did get a mention on the Colbert Report?

it would be on the show for the purpose of lampooning the fans and nothing else. it being mentioned on his show is not going to get the fans desired response. haha

FoxSpirit

Zen said:
26k, it really moved fast once 25k came within reach.

Already 28k. Whoa, this is moving fast now.

Also, about the Protomen: something is fishy.
If you click on the cached site, e.g. tour, it redirects to http://www.capcom-unity.com/tour/
Wallpapers directs here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/wallpapers/

But the music and flash all load properly. Nice music btw.
So yeah, let's see if this is a hoax, a hack, whatever. Stay cool everybody.

Tucah

you speak so well
sn00zer said:

This will not happen.

Some sort of PAID Megaman DLC for UMvC3 probably will though.

wwm0nkey said:
What would your reactions be if this did get a mention on the Colbert Report?
LOL, I'm a big a fan as anybody, but even this seems a bit far-reaching.. (hey but why the hell not? nothing to lose I guess!)

So the Protomen thing is still unresolved? My shock and awe remains. Now let's figure out the impossible: a way to fit all of Capcom's shenanigans into the thread title.

qq more

andymcc said:
it would be on the show for the purpose of lampooning the fans and nothing else. it being mentioned on his show is not going to get the fans desired response. haha
:lol Seriously, this is a stupid idea. As much as I want to support MML3, I think some of the fans are reallllly doing this the wrong way.

Zen

Banned
Hey, if th Protomen situation is real (who knows, I guess?) it would only draw more attention to everything that's going on (not just with Legends 3).

SwiftSketcher said:
LOL, I'm a big a fan as anybody, but even this seems a bit far-reaching.. (hey but why the hell not? nothing to lose I guess!)

So the Protomen thing is still unresolved? My shock and awe remains. Now let's figure out the impossible: a way to fit all of Capcom's shenanigans into the thread title.

We're going to need a bigger character limit for that.

Quick, make a facebook group to pressure Neogaf!

qq more said:
:lol Seriously, this is a stupid idea. As much as I want to support MML3, I think some of the fans are reallllly doing this the wrong way.

Without harping on what you feel that they're doing wrong, what do you tink would be a more successful way of going about it?

qq more

Zen said:
Without harping on what you feel that they're doing wrong, what do you tink would be a more successful way of going about it?
I honestly just think trying to get mentioned from Colbert Report is just ridiculous. I don't think it'd really help at all and would be a waste of time. We should focus on getting attention from just the gaming media. Maybe I am just over-thinking this.

...Ah what the heck, I'll just do a wait and see approach before jumping onto conclusions.

I really really hope it doesn't get mentioned on C R for the reasons above. There's a 99.99% chance fans will be cast in a negative light and that could hurt the effort.

Sir_Crocodile said:
It's pretty funny that the only person in that thread who didn't sign up solely to put forward megs isn't moved.

While the guy has a point (a cancelled video game seems kinda petty compared to all the "real" issues around the world) why doesn't HE start some kind of internet rally instead of bitching about it. Moron.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
qq more said:
I honestly just think trying to get mentioned from Colbert Report is just ridiculous. I don't think it'd really help at all and would be a waste of time. We should focus on getting attention from just the gaming media. Maybe I am just over-thinking this.
Nope, it is really silly. There is a place for everything, but Colbert isn't the place for this. People wouldn't get it.

CaptainMintMan said:
Wow. Never knew there was this much passion towards the Megaman Legends series. And for that matter, a series that was mediocre, at best.
I could say a lot of words about your favorite series as well.

qq more

CaptainMintMan said:
Wow. Never knew there was this much passion towards the Megaman Legends series. And for that matter, a series that was mediocre, at best.
To each their own. I personally enjoyed Legends 1. No nostalgia attached since I first played it since 3's announcement.

CaptainMintMan said:
I expected more from a fan of a series with an equal sense of heart and charming artstyle. for shame. :(

Celine

CaptainMintMan said:
Professor_Layton_3_2_1_Fuck_you.gif

Top Bottom