• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Zen

Banned
Yeah there was a thread for it earlier. It's certainly the best feed and most complete representation of the game we have ever got to see. As much as we will liklely never see the game, the facebook group IS reaching 100k and the devroom group IS nearing Lost Planet. The group will still be appearing at trade events where capcom is to pressure them visibly.

The movement hasn't died by any means, for what it is worth.

Dammit Capcom! Give us the goddamn Prototype demo! Free! Whatever you had completed hand it over, just as a sign of good faith that you actually give a shit.

I know it probably wouldn't change anything though. It is strange, I never really cared for the Legends games, but that vid and all the footage I've seen of MML3 looked REALLY promising and fun. How there is no market for it, I will never understand.

That boss battle was fantastic. Looks like my hate is back with a vengeance.

Edit: I knew that footage looked familiar. Still, so promising.

There is one gleam of hope I have beyond Capcom, the 100k movement, and CC2's interest, and that is Nintendo's new initiative to revive obscure third party franchises like Seaman. Legends 3 screams of something that would benefit from this. I really hope this is something Nintendo has a commitment to, because I'm certain Legends would be near the top of that list.

watershed

Banned
How did Capcom mishandle this project so much? They announced it, promised a demo, released a lot of videos, and even demoed the demo on tv (or in a webcast, I forget which). Then they killed it. I mean, what were they thinking?

Luigiv

How did Capcom mishandle this project so much? They announced it, promised a demo, released a lot of videos, and even demoed the demo on tv (or in a webcast, I forget which). Then they killed it. I mean, what were they thinking?

Apparently in Capcom they allocate decent budgets to prototypes before they greenlight full production. MML3 never left the prototype phase.

watershed

Banned
Apparently in Capcom they allocate decent budgets to prototypes before they greenlight full production. MML3 never left the prototype phase.

I remember, usually companies are smart enough to keep prototypes under the lid until they leave the prototype phase. This level of mismanagement is just crazy to me. Its like if Nintendo announced the return of some beloved 2nd tier IP, showed off footage, media, etc then killed it.

Luigiv

I remember, usually companies are smart enough to keep prototypes under the lid until they leave the prototype phase. This level of mismanagement is just crazy to me. Its like if Nintendo announced the return of some beloved 2nd tier IP, showed off footage, media, etc then killed it.

That part can be explained by Inafune somehow sweet talking the board into allowing them to do the dev room thing. I guess the idea was that the dev team could do whatever they wanted as long as it remained under the prototype budget but it would still be treated like a prototype at the end of the day.

I guess you could call that mismanagement. Better managers probably would have stuck by there guns and not allow the team to be so public with a prototype. They apparently never liked the dev room idea in the first place.

Pretty sure that was Inafune's idea to help bolster fan hype and to try something new and experimental with development. I think Inafune even went on record that the open "devroom" idea was his own.

Augh, beaten by a minute.

Riposte

What was the likely scenario is that the suits didn't want this game made and the dev team was trying to find a way to make it so they'd have to allow it.

watershed

Banned
Poor, brave capcom developers fighting the good fight against the penny pinching suits. If that's how it went down that really sucks.

StayDead

here's something that's actually bump-worthy.

It's unseen footage they had of the game before it was cancelled. Shows a lot of the island that we would've gotten to explore in the Prototype as well as our comentators miserably failing at the Guest Boss battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y6FnJ6tUZ00

Gosh... The only shot I had at an open-world game on my favorite handheld.

Rubbing the salt back into the wound again. Capcom... :(

Poor, brave capcom developers fighting the good fight against the penny pinching suits. If that's how it went down that really sucks.

What really really sucks is that they might've pulled the plug due to the poor 3DS owner base at the time. If all this was going down after the price drop and M3DL, we might've had our game.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I don't think you understand what unseen actually means. I'll give you a clue, it's the exact opposite of what you seem to think it is, given the link provided.

Anyway, that aside;

"ERU BA-TON!"

Yea, poor choice of words of my part. But there's no need to be a condescending little prick about it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently MML composer will try to sell reprisals of Legends songs to see if it will sell well and to bring back support to MML3.

=/

Luigiv

Yea, poor choice of words of my part. But there's no need to be a condescending little prick about it.

Yeah, no. There's a difference between a poor choice of words and jumping to obtuse conclusions and making yourself look the obvious fool. I wasn't being a condescending prick, it wasn't my intention to hurt or offend you with my comment, I was just having a little fun pointing out your glaring error. If you can't handle being called out on your mistakes then get your facts straight before posting.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Apparently MML composer will try to sell reprisals of Legends songs to see if it will sell well and to bring back support to MML3.

=/

She said that if the compilation sells 20.000 copies, she'll try to make the Prototype release on eShop.

Basically...A TEST! XD

Zen

Banned
Well, at worst it gives someone with slightly more pull the ability to say to people she's connected with 'people want this'.

Also

We will do whatever it takes to support those in and out of Capcom Japan still fighting quietly for us.

To that end, we opened up legendsvscapcom.com to allow the community to self-fund promotion.

Yesterday at 10:30PM EST we ordered $235 of advertising with $199.13 being executed between 10:30PM EST 4/20/2012 and 1:00AM EST 4/21/2012. This caused 1,732 new people to become members of GetMeOffTheMoon. It is highly likely that friends of the new members also joined our cause and 2,000 likes was reached.

In conclusion, this test provided mixed results. While bringing people to this facebook page was very successful, the links that were included in about 50% of the ads to join the Devroom largely failed. This is probably because the instructions to join the Devroom are dated at July of last year. Many people probably got the impression the information was outdated.

A new round of advertising will occur tomorrow factoring what was learned yesterday. There is plenty of money left in the advertising fund, and we will continue to use it to the best of our abilities.

Be advised, the reason why multiple Legends pictures are being posted with calls to action to join the Devroom is because we are informing people unaware of our situation. I understand many people view this as spam, but the fact is not everyone is on facebook 24/7. Every post is typically viewed by different people, and having a large gap between Devroom members and GetMeOffTheMoon members is a problem we need to work on. Advertising is all around us. Every 15 minutes on T.V., before every hulu video, sometimes before a youtube video, and 3 times during a South Park video. New posts will be made in the future, and I would like to apologize if this is annoying. Please understand we are trying to bring back a game that we love.

Currently the GetMeOffTheMoon paid advertising fund is at $647 (See legendsvscapcom.com) and a person by the name of Coalescence donated $300 with a story that got cut off due to character limitations. Jake Hans would like to make a public request for Coalescence to message this facebook page with your story. We would love to publish your full story (with permission of course.)

Well that's it for now. Let's talk again! Together we fight, Legends Never Die!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/10000...-and-the-mega-man-legends-spo/294493533958228

If you want to help promote the movement, go to http://legendsvscapcom.com/ and donate

This soundtrack thing is interesting. Not that I don't have my fair share of skepticism, but if this were to succeed it would turn some heads at least. I hope I can purchase the album from the US. I would hope the Japanese fans have no problem reaching this milestone.

Aaargh, the wound is too deep.

Has there been any word concerning when/where the soundtrack will be available? I definitely don't expect anything regarding the prototype, but I do love me some Legends music.

I really don't think a recording artist has this much pull at Capcom. Pathetic tugging at fan's heartstrings when they've already stamped all over them. Poor move, random music lady.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I'm definitely buying the soundtrack, and I'm sure this will easily sell 20,000 copies, no worries.
It's not a test, you're not testing the game, you're sampling the music, it probably won't bring the full game back, but the prototype is salvageable.

The suits, however cunty they may be, have already made their final decision.

I'd love to be excited about this, but this seems a lot like that prototype is still being held "hostage". That and I refuse to get excited about anything associated with Capcom until it's in my hands.

pinocchio.jpg

Keep on wishing.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yeah, no. There's a difference between a poor choice of words and jumping to obtuse conclusions and making yourself look the obvious fool. I wasn't being a condescending prick, it wasn't my intention to hurt or offend you with my comment, I was just having a little fun pointing out your glaring error. If you can't handle being called out on your mistakes then get your facts straight before posting.

Prior to posting the footage, it wasn't widespread outside of Japan-speaking audiences. So yea, I felt it was a poor choice of words on my part and readily admitted it. And again, I didn't feel it was necessary for you to be so condescending about it in your reply.

I don't know what part of my two sentence post made you think it hurt my feelings, but I'm just replying truthfully to how I felt, that's it.

If you want to help promote the movement, go to http://legendsvscapcom.com/ and donate
Donate? Are they making the game?

Pikma

Banned
What happened to this game? It was a dream come true for pretty much everybody when it was announced, and the project was progressing really well, how the hell did we end here, begging for a prototype? :(

tkscz

why haven't you people given up yet? mega man legends 3 is dead. mega man legends is dead.

The way Capcom is going Mega Man is dead. When was the last NEW Megaman game? Megaman 10? Well that was made to be like a NES game. Capcom is still butt hurt over Keiji Inafune leaving.

b3b0p

Looks can be deceiving. How many good looking games 1, 2, 3+ months away from release end up being total garbage? More than less is my guess if you run the numbers.

There was probably a reason this was cancelled and I doubt Cacpom is stupid. Especially when it comes to money.

Crub

I don't understand why the game had to be 3DS only. A multi-platform release would certainly have made it more profitable.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't understand why the game had to be 3DS only. A multi-platform release would certainly have made it more profitable.

3DS is easily the cheapest-to-develop for current gen system. I mean they could have ported it to iPhone/Android, but it wouldn't have worked on even PC IMO. Graphics would be deemed way too weak.

Azure J

You see, I was just about to go on and post about how GAF can continue to be GAF (re: grounded if a bit more pessimistic) without commenting on their efforts like we've all bought into the "if we say it loud enough, it must be true" train of thought, but then I saw that post asking for donations and I'm like "what?"

And this isn't even a kickstarter motion...

Top Bottom