• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Online officially canceled according to Neowiz

It's rare these days that a company can truly piss me off. Generally I just ignore them. Square turning Final Fantasy into a joke? I ignore them. EA and Ubisoft with their always online antics? I'll simply skip their games. Even Capcom's other repeated crap, like straight out lying about improved fighter versions; well, they all lie, don't they?

This is an exception, for some reason. Perhaps is the amazingly childish way Capcom has reacted to Inafune's departure. Perhaps it's the fact that nobody else can make Megaman games because they're fucking sitting on the IP. But the fact is that, maybe for the first time, I'm truly wishing that the person or people making these decisions lose their jobs, and find none to replace them.

I'm not proud of it, but that's what Capcom has achieved. Congratulations.

TreIII

Gameplay was fine. It was a nice evolution. But story... I may be living in an endless euphoria for the Zero/X games, but that was some awful shit.

My problems with the ZX games boiled down to two main issues.

1) The bloat - ZX and especially Advent gave you a whole lot of forms to play with. Too bad most of them are gimmicky at best or utterly useless at worst. And for all the hype that was present for being able to "Play as the Guardians!" at long last, they really didn't live up to it.

2) Terrible Map-layout - ZX was awful in this area, and Advent was only nominally better. I applaud Inti for trying to give life to the Rockman formula in this way, but they really needed a better way of going about it. It wouldn't have been so terrible if they cited Super Metroid/SOTN, if you ask me.

If a third ZX game did away with these two main qualms of mine, I would definitely be up to giving it another try. I loved the whole "Henshin" aspect, after all.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I dunno, Nintendo celebrated SONIC's 20th

YbMckMF.gif

Oh look, Capcom still doesn't want my money. That's fine... They know where I'm at if they ever decide Mega Man means something, till then I can do without their lack luster Resident Evil and was never into Monster Hunter...

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I honestly do not understand why people here care that a game which was never ever ever going to get localized (and not because it's Mega Man - Street Fighter Online won't get localized, either) got cancelled. Boohoo, this changes nothing.

TreIII

Is mega man not profitable?

Let's take a moment and remember this choice article from 2011:

Siliconera said:
"...there is also sort of this weird issue in Japan where a lot of Japanese developers, at least internal in Capcom, sort of don’t believe Mega Man is popular in the U.S.," Killian said.
- http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/capcom-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-the-u-s/

See also: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/0...oesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-america/

Capcom Japan doesn't even seemingly get that we actually DO like Megaman over here in the West, which only further proves how disconnected they actually are.

Though I must wonder why they haven't at least tried to rally his base in Japan, yet. There are seemingly just as many fans who would love a X revival as there are for an EXE revival. And the 3DS would certainly be an apt place for either series.

Top Bottom