• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaton: Halo 3 4 player coop online. Confirmed! Believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
UnholySpectacle said:
Hey look! Someone just took a steaming shit all over this thread! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I vote lock it up until the official thread.

Oh, they'll be more news before then. No worries. Maybe Game Fuel will cause a caffeine coma or something.

RSTEIN said:
some idiotic crap.
Dude, wtf is your problem? Had had a legitimate complaint, another reason why my presence in this thread is pratically nonexistant. I like talking about Halo and I like "subforums" imbedded in threads about it, but when it starts a downward spiral like that it becomes grating.

Luke's statement wasn't an oped piece on forum etiquette, he was just stating his feeling. Stop being a fag and man up. Christ, some guy says something you don't care for and you've got to go all emo about some personal vendetta you've had with his prior career in journalism?

How pathetic is that?

Astr00

voltron said:
Well, you could take that extra step.

You got knee-pads?
No, can I borrow yours? Aha, haha, ha, haha, ha, haaa, ha ...

In all seriousness though, I think I'm gonna go with one of the elite models in MP after seeing it in the Famitsu scans. The one with the plasma sword, doesn't he look awesome? [/pathetic attempt at getting back on topic]

Edit:
awesome_elite.jpg

This is the one. Awesome, huh?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Mr Vociferous said:
...and you've got to go all emo about some personal vendetta you've had with his prior career in journalism?

RSTEIN said:
All you've done your whole life is castigate the work of others without contributing anything to our society yourself.
(emphasis added by me)

That was one of my favorite parts.

voltron

brutezone.jpg

wow

We need explanation stat. Theres no denying that. And RSTEIN you claim Luke doesnt have any creative input over there at Bungie?

TDG

Banned
So, with no news to discuss, and the off-topic ramblings getting more and more disturbing, I'm out. For now.

voltron

the disgruntled gamer said:
So, with no news to discuss, and the off-topic ramblings getting more and more disturbing, I'm out. For now.

2nd time youve mentioned it. Tks for keeping us abreast of your comings and goings.

TDG

Banned
voltron said:
2nd time youve mentioned it. Tks for keeping us abreast of your comings and goings.
Just padding my post count.

No, actually last time I was pretending to leave for IGN.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Opus Angelorum said:
If only the embargo would lift we would have some new things to discuss.

I'm hoping the podcast might be the venue for some speculation-worthy comments. And I hope it comes today.

SpudBud

So do I have to feel guilty for going crazy off-topic earlier in the thread? Cause I thought we were having a little fun.

Dirtbag

RSTEIN said:
Is this a joke post?

You're funny, Luke. All you've done your whole life is castigate the work of others without contributing anything to our society yourself. Then you move to Bungie, and what do you do? You speak on behalf of the game designers, producers, writers, etc. - you know, the people that actually CREATE stuff. You're nothing but their mouthpiece.

While artists, investors, teachers, etc. are out there trying to create the fabric of our society you've decided to devote your life... to what? I can't stand people like you that stand around with their hands in their pockets and talk shit about people who actually get up in the morning, work hard, and contribute to our society and economy. Sure, you're part of the machine of society, I guess, but you're the lowest, rustiest, and dirtiest cog in the machine.

And, no surprise, you come in this thread and you criticize the posts of others. You say the posts aren't good enough and, wow, you've threatened not to grace us with your presence. Here's an idea: revaluate your life, learn a valuable skill, get active, become a real and contributing member to our culture and society. Then again, you probably will not, because you cannot.
Wow indeed.

I couldnt disagree more! I feel I spammed the thread, and I feel kind of like a jackass for it. No need to slam Luke for calling out some jackassery.

SpudBud said:
So do I have to feel guilty for going crazy off-topic earlier in the thread? Cause I thought we were having a little fun.
I kind of do.... :(

I say once we get the podcast, we start a new thread and leave this one behind.

Razoric

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Is this a joke post?

You're funny, Luke. All you've done your whole life is castigate the work of others without contributing anything to our society yourself. Then you move to Bungie, and what do you do? You speak on behalf of the game designers, producers, writers, etc. - you know, the people that actually CREATE stuff. You're nothing but their mouthpiece.

While artists, investors, teachers, etc. are out there trying to create the fabric of our society you've decided to devote your life... to what? I can't stand people like you that stand around with their hands in their pockets and talk shit about people who actually get up in the morning, work hard, and contribute to our society and economy. Sure, you're part of the machine of society, I guess, but you're the lowest, rustiest, and dirtiest cog in the machine.

And, no surprise, you come in this thread and you criticize the posts of others. You say the posts aren't good enough and, wow, you've threatened not to grace us with your presence. Here's an idea: revaluate your life, learn a valuable skill, get active, become a real and contributing member to our culture and society. Then again, you probably will not, because you cannot.

List three things you contribute to society.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
jimbo said:
Holy crap how did this thread get to 92 pages? It was like at 30 something 3 days ago. What did I miss?

A Brute dong and an update every page on how many posts everyone had.

Thermite

for those of you who have the Halo EGM issue, what's your favorite shot? mine is on page 64. it's the one with Master Chief in a bubble shield staring down a brute showcasing some of the best lighting, foliage, and draw distance I have ever seen.

Doodlebug

SpudBud said:

No, you shouldn't. Yes, we were.

It was all in good nature and harmless. It wasn't just a bunch of random trolls, hell-bent on derailing a good thread, it was the same diehard fans who form the backbone of the HaloGAF community, doing nothing more than ensuring the time between now and launch is an enjoyable one. No one was bothering anyone else -- it was confined and under control.

I think Luke feared the thread would be locked and one or two would feel the broad side of the banhammer, I dunno.

Also, :lol @ urk's avatar.

(Edit 4 typo)

I was all abored the luke bashing until he went with "you've decided to devote your life... to what". Unsatisfactory use of ellipses ruins any rant.

Really though, why does Ghaleon acting like a damn schoolmarm cause you to rag on about his huge vag but your hairy idol doing the same gets everyone hat-in-hands apologizing.

TDG

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
I was all abored the luke bashing until he went with "you've decided to devote your life... to what". Unsatisfactory use of ellipses ruins any rant.

Really though, why does Ghaleon acting like a damn schoolmarm cause you to rag on about his huge vag but your hairy idol doing the same gets everyone hat-in-hands apologizing.
HEY! I DIDN'T APOLOGIZE TO ANYBODY! I JUST HAD A PRETEND MELTDOWN AND PRETENDED TO GO TO IGN!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Mr Vociferous said:
Stop being a fag and man up.

I don't really know what to say to this. I'm saddened that you feel compelled to discount different ideas and opinions because of race, gender, or sexual preference. Our world would be a lot better without people like you and sincerely hope you're hit by a bus the next time you cross the street.

TDG

Banned
Oh dear.

You know, not that I agree with RSTEIN or anything, but that was a bit much, Voc. Besides, that just gave him ammunition to talk about something other than his odd meltdown, which is a bad idea.

Dirtbag

the disgruntled gamer said:
Oh dear.

You know, not that I agree with RSTEIN or anything, but that was a bit much, Voc. Besides, that just gave him ammunition to talk about something other than his odd meltdown, which is a bad idea.

only a podcast can save us now.
...or maybe another beta.

RSTEIN said:
I don't really know what to say to this. I'm saddened that you feel compelled to discount different ideas and opinions because of race, gender, or sexual preference. Our world would be a lot better without people like you and sincerely hope you're hit by a bus the next time you cross the street.

Haha way to quote him so he can't edit it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom