• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

hwateber

In terms of a common projects alternative/minimalist shoe, I do like svensson. No experience on the lows, but I have a pair of the mids and they're great. Much more affordable to boot, especially if you're in the US and can deduct 20% VAT.

http://svenssonshop.com/en/collection/classic-low-white
25371990-origpic-4b9b5a.jpg

giga

quality does factor in. do you think cos sneakers are higher quality than greats?

the sneakers you linked do look great, and they're a little cheaper than the greats even with the coupon. i can't say i've heard of cos before though.
no idea, but i do prefer the styling. both have free returns so why not order both and keep the one you like.

why is it so hard to find good socks

jesus christ

every sock i look at on amazon has recent reviews saying "don't buy them, they're shit quality now"

Quick

Banned
why is it so hard to find good socks

jesus christ

every sock i look at on amazon has recent reviews saying "don't buy them, they're shit quality now"

What kind of socks?

I have a bunch of patterned socks from Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic Outlet. I second Gap, but they're all the same company anyway.

For wool and white/black socks, I like Kirkland a lot, which you can only find at Costco.

What kind of socks?

I have a bunch of patterned socks from Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic Outlet. I second Gap, but they're all the same company anyway.

For wool and white/black socks, I like Kirkland a lot, which you can only find at Costco.

I just want some high quality all black crew-length socks, preferably from Amazon so I can get free Prime shipping on them.

I don't want them to start having holes quickly, or leave lint all over my shoes/legs... I just want some good casual socks that are completely black and don't feature any logos on the part of the sock that isn't concealed by the shoe.

Apparently Goldtoe socks, Docker socks and Dickie's socks all suck now. Stance socks aren't in stock in the color I want on Amazon, and Darn Tough socks are too expensive for me.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Stan Smiths for $100 or Filling Pieces Low Tops for $140 GAF?

Personally, I hate the profile Filling Pieces uses on all of their shoes, particularly the slope of the toe box. The sole is also ugly, padding and design around the ankle looks like orthopedic shoes, and so on.

cheezcake

Personally, I hate the profile Filling Pieces uses on all of their shoes, particularly the slope of the toe box. The sole is also ugly, padding and design around the ankle looks like orthopedic shoes, and so on.

Yeh I think after looking at people actually wearing them Im inclined to agree with you. Ended up going for some Superstar 80's instead.

Zekes!

If they were the standard Filling Pieces in all white I would've said grab em. Filling Pieces has grown on me a lot and I'm still waiting on the day in which I get myself a pair. Probably not any time soon, but eventually.

Also, I might be the only person who doesn't particularly like the CP Achilles lows, or any of the sneakers trying to ape them. I just think the profile is too slim. At least that's my best guess. Something just turns me off about em

giga

I just want some high quality all black crew-length socks, preferably from Amazon so I can get free Prime shipping on them.

I don't want them to start having holes quickly, or leave lint all over my shoes/legs... I just want some good casual socks that are completely black and don't feature any logos on the part of the sock that isn't concealed by the shoe.

Apparently Goldtoe socks, Docker socks and Dickie's socks all suck now. Stance socks aren't in stock in the color I want on Amazon, and Darn Tough socks are too expensive for me.
You can just get two pairs of darn tough and switch one out for the other every few days or so. They'll last far longer than any others and won't smell.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I quite like these Filling Pieces colabs but not sure whether I like them enough for £200. Or what colour is best

I'm selling some FP on Ebay, brand new, size 43EU, not those models. If that's your size I can send you the link.

cheezcake

Not a huge fan of the suede burgundy CP's, they're really nice sneakers but they're still sneakers and I don't think suede goes that well with them.

Now if you can get your hands on the leather burgundy CP's with the light sole that's another story.

giga

Not a huge fan of the suede burgundy CP's, they're really nice sneakers but they're still sneakers and I don't think suede goes that well with them.

Now if you can get your hands on the leather burgundy CP's with the light sole that's another story.
Mm I wanted those but not on sale unfortunately.

Alright got the white slip ons instead 💆 .

NinjaBoiX

Decent polish will help to repair damaged leather right? Got my new shoes scuffed over Crimbo some I'm coating them up with some Kiwi neutral polish to hopefully bring them back.
suede burgundy CPs for $170. yay/nay? think i could really rock them with black and light wash pants/shorts.
Those are sick, that chocolate sole looks amazing with the burgundy. Get them mane.

Also, I love that this is basically the sneaker OT at the minute.

so are those cos white sneakers good quality for the price? i'm a little concerned because cos is owned by h&m, and h&m clothing isn't exactly renowned for its quality...

Wulfric

What would be a good dress shirt brand for a short, stocky guy (5'5, 185 lbs)? Pretty much every shirt I've tried is either too long in the arms or fits me like a tunic.

I've got a $70 Amazon gift card handy, but I can go to a Nordstrom Rack not too far from here.

What would be a good dress shirt brand for a short, stocky guy (5'5, 185 lbs)? Pretty much every shirt I've tried is either too long in the arms or fits me like a tunic.

I've got a $70 Amazon gift card handy, but I can go to a Nordstrom Rack not too far from here.

I'm assuming by "fits like a tunic" you mean it's too long in the body? Find a shirt that fits you well in the shoulders, then get it tailored to be the right length.

giga

Code is FIRSTACCESS.

Did my damage and I'm out. Got a sweet cashmere/wool blend Soho DB suit.
Nice. No DBs in my size sadly, so just a Washington and Havana jacket, my two favorite single breasted. Along with two 7 fold ties 🙏🏽

Wulfric

I'm assuming by "fits like a tunic" you mean it's too long in the body? Find a shirt that fits you well in the shoulders, then get it tailored to be the right length.

Yeah, I end up with a lot of fabric that I have to tuck inside pants. What about the arm length? Can that be fixed as well?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Based on the recommendation here I got some of the Japan raw denim in the athletic tailored fit.

This is my first pair of raw denim jeans, what should I know? For first fit do I soak them and put them on? Tips?

Top Bottom