• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Can we make this the Men's Lifestyle OT

I'm down if we can then talk about interior design, cologne, men skincare, and other cool stuff like that.

Also Bonobos is having a sale on their jetsetter shirts. I'm going to check them out in person tomorrow. 3 for $300

giga

EVOL 100%

I've yet to meet a woman who didn't like hair on guys. If you're a damn monkey, then maybe consider trimming, but I would never shave it all.

I'll be honest, I'm just salty cause I have roughly the amount of body hair that a prepubescent child does

how you guys feel about blush CP's?
504259453_1_ShoeSide

504259453_2_ShoeFrontQtr

504259453_1_ShoeSide

504259453_2_ShoeFrontQtr

As silly as it might sound, I think that color is a bit trendy. Kinda falls in with rose gold, I think you'd be better off going with the standard white Achilles Low.

Also, again not that I subscribe to these things, but apparently orange is the new blush if you get my meaning. So I guess if you wanted to be super hip go for that.

Zaph

504259453_1_ShoeSide

504259453_2_ShoeFrontQtr
Don't buy unless you can afford a wider CP collection. If this is your only pair, get a traditional colour instead.

Related - if anyone is around for Men's Fashion Week, Merci Paris continue to have a great CP collection. May have added another pair to the family 😩

acohrs

504259453_1_ShoeSide

504259453_2_ShoeFrontQtr

My dad got my brother the black ones for Xmas. Wanted to smash his face in and take them for myself, is what I would have done if he wasn't a size 8 and I was a size 10. But seriously, the black CPs are really really nice in person

I have a question for you guys..

So, I have a party today that requires semi-formal attire. I currently have a pair of gray slacks and a pair of navy blue slacks with a variety of shirts, but no good looking shoes to go with either of them. I was at H&M yesterday, and these shoes caught my eye:

Would either of these work with either color of pants? If so, which one and what color of shirt would work well?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The top shoe comes in navy blue and grey as well I believe.

Sorry if this was recently discussed.

Do you guys have any go-to websites or blogs that you use for fashion ideas for men? I'm trying to slowly change my look throughout the year and would like some resources to help plant some ideas I'd like to try out. Sorry if my request is too vague.

I have a question for you guys..

So, I have a party today that requires semi-formal attire. I currently have a pair of gray slacks and a pair of navy blue slacks with a variety of shirts, but no good looking shoes to go with either of them. I was at H&M yesterday, and these shoes caught my eye:

Would either of these work with either color of pants? If so, which one and what color of shirt would work well?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The top shoe comes in navy blue and grey as well I believe.

Both would work great with navy and grey pants. I prefer the derbies, but I'm just not really a fan of desert boots in general. Sounds like a white shirt would work well with either. In general I try to make sure that whatever color it may be that my shirt is lighter than my pants. So you could also do a light blue shirt with the navy pants, and maybe the grey pants as well depending on how dark they are.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need to exchange these Okayama denim jeans for a bigger size but they have yet to return my message and it's been a week. Really wanted to get the correct size in soon.

Meatfist

My casual sneakers finally died, I was gonna cop some Ultraboosts or Flyknit RNs but they were too expensive to pull the trigger :c

adidas-stan-smith-white-gum-thumb.jpg

Went with the gumsole Stan Smiths

Magus1234

Sorry if this was recently discussed.

Do you guys have any go-to websites or blogs that you use for fashion ideas for men? I'm trying to slowly change my look throughout the year and would like some resources to help plant some ideas I'd like to try out. Sorry if my request is too vague.

I mostly just browse online stores and local boutiques to see what my favorite designers are putting out each year. Once you start to get a stable of designers you follow it is easy to keep an eye out for their shows and releases. Do you have any idea of what kind of look you are aiming for? Or you just want to find inspiration.

My musings for my current looks. Picked up an Elena Dawson and Ann D jacket plus a complete steal on a 991 boot for under $400.

c3d07bc3786e99344b99722d3d986c02.jpg

491nme-1.jpg

Ann-Demeulemeester.jpg

acohrs

I mostly just browse online stores and local boutiques to see what my favorite designers are putting out each year. Once you start to get a stable of designers you follow it is easy to keep an eye out for their shows and releases. Do you have any idea of what kind of look you are aiming for? Or you just want to find inspiration.

My musings for my current looks. Picked up an Elena Dawson and Ann D jacket plus a complete steal on a 991 boot for under $400.

c3d07bc3786e99344b99722d3d986c02.jpg

491nme-1.jpg

Ann-Demeulemeester.jpg

Hot diggity, steam punk is back!

Magus1234

Hot diggity, steam punk is back!
I think Ann and Elena are more classified as Gothic-Romantic with aspects of grunge. Steam punk is more an environmental theme but I guess some people would call designers like Julius, Damir Doma, Devoa or even Rick Owens as having steam punk aestheticss. Personally I wouldn't

men's hair thread is dead so i'll just assume you guys know about hair too

i put effort into my clothes now. i think the obvious next step is to start putting effort into my hair.

what styles do you think would look good on me?

Quick

Banned
Could probably do a short pompadour or a side part style. Looks good and it's pretty basic. Maintenance is simple enough.

Pomp if you have the length. Might be worth letting your hair grow out more, but I might be misjudging the length on your pics.

Could probably do a short pompadour or a side part style. Looks good and it's pretty basic. Maintenance is simple enough.

Pomp if you have the length. Might be worth letting your hair grow out more, but I might be misjudging the length on your pics.

Interesting suggestions. Can you provide me with some images of the styles you're talking about?

Quick

Banned
Interesting suggestions. Can you provide me with some images of the styles you're talking about?

Should've done that to start with lol.

I've done both of these styles and pretty much whatever in between for the last couple of years, and it's been fairly easy to maintain.

Only thing I suggest keeping in mind is how your hair parts if you comb it. If your hair naturally parts higher on your head, using clippers to shear that side of your head down may not be great, but the barber will probably tell you this.

I hope I didn't fuck up the style names, but if anything, show your barber a picture of what you want.

Short pomp:
tumblr_nm5fahby761sw5dqso1_1280.jpg

Longer pomp + undercut:
9e6bd1e905d895104b09905fcf421c77.jpg

Simple side part:
Side-Part-For-Men.jpg

Any thoughts on Super Dry clothing? Are they good quality clothes that will last a while? They're stuff is pretty expensive and a relative in London likes the brand. I'm interested in one of their jackets/parka.

Is a parka acceptable in Los Angeles? It gets into the 40 degree Fahrenheit in the winter.

Top Bottom