• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Quick

Banned
Any thoughts on Super Dry clothing? Are they good quality clothes that will last a while? They're stuff is pretty expensive and a relative in London likes the brand. I'm interested in one of their jackets/parka.

Is a parka acceptable in Los Angeles? It gets into the 40 degree Fahrenheit in the winter.

Parkas are usually a bit too warm for 4C weather, but I also live in a cold place, so our threshold for cold is probably different.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, anyone want to buy some Okayama Denim tapered athletic fit raw jeans in 36x32? They are band new but too small and shipping for a return (to Japan) looks like it's about $50...

Parkas are usually a bit too warm for 4C weather, but I also live in a cold place, so our threshold for cold is probably different.
Yeah, I'm thinking of just getting a slightly thicker jacker instead.
reddit dislikes superdry. I will admit I am put off by the fact that they are a british company pretending to be japanese.
I'm trying to find Super Dry info. Is the quality bad? I like their jacket designs more than Gap or Uniqlo.

acohrs

got any pics?

these are the most similar

Buzz-Cut-6.jpg

Buzz-Cut-1.jpg

I mostly just browse online stores and local boutiques to see what my favorite designers are putting out each year. Once you start to get a stable of designers you follow it is easy to keep an eye out for their shows and releases. Do you have any idea of what kind of look you are aiming for? Or you just want to find inspiration.

My musings for my current looks. Picked up an Elena Dawson and Ann D jacket plus a complete steal on a 991 boot for under $400.

c3d07bc3786e99344b99722d3d986c02.jpg

491nme-1.jpg

Ann-Demeulemeester.jpg

i love bloodborne

Lotto

reddit dislikes superdry. I will admit I am put off by the fact that they are a british company pretending to be japanese.

not only that but most of the written japanese is bad gibberish. don't know anything about the fabric quality but most of the brand is weird trendy pandering to japanophiles.

f0rk

not only that but most of the written japanese is bad gibberish. don't know anything about the fabric quality but most of the brand is weird trendy pandering to japanophiles.
Nah, now they're selling to your dad who wants to be down with the kids

NinjaBoiX

Superdry boat has sailed in the UK, going the way of Jack Wills now
Yeah, they were cool for a while but played out now. I had a funnel neck jacket I bought from there, wore it about twice, gave it to a charity shop a few months back.

It's decent gear like, quite well made, just a bit corny and try hard with the branding all over it.

acohrs

Yeah, they were cool for a while but played out now. I had a funnel neck jacket I bought from there, wore it about twice, gave it to a charity shop a few months back.

It's decent gear like, quite well made, just a bit corny and try hard with the branding all over it.

It's great stuff don't get me wrong, so is Jack wills and abercrombie. Just not in anymore

ekimneems

Neo Member
Getting my train conductor look together with this EG Railroad Stripe work shirt. Have to get at least one EG piece from every season and I guess this was the one

DSC_0793_clipped_rev_1.png

Where can I find good slim/skinny tapered dark blue jeans in 30x32, without any fake fading? They don't have to be raw or selvedge or whatever, just decent quality.

Preferably under $80.

h3ro

Where can I find good slim/skinny tapered dark blue jeans in 30x32, without any fake fading? They don't have to be raw or selvedge or whatever, just decent quality.

Preferably under $80.
I highly recommend Bonobos in their Tailored fit. I swear by them now for all my casual-wear needs.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Preferably under $80.

Nudies Tube Tom. Not uncommon to find >$100, sometimes in the $50-60 range at Nordstrom Rack.

It's great stuff don't get me wrong, so is Jack wills and abercrombie. Just not in anymore
Thank you. This is the input I was looking for. I'm not necessarily concerned with what's "in". I like the way their jackets look, but I just found them pricy. So my main concern was quality. It sounds like the general consensus is that it's pretty good quality that will last a while.

Lotto

$128 though... I could get nudie jeans for that price.

Edit: And I did. Thin Finns in a color called Dry Dark Grey. They still look slightly blue to me though so it's fine.

Be prepared for those, Thin Finns are the tightest fitting jeans I've ever worn but they're pretty elastic so they're not completely uncomfortable.

acohrs

Thank you. This is the input I was looking for. I'm not necessarily concerned with what's "in". I like the way their jackets look, but I just found them pricy. So my main concern was quality. It sounds like the general consensus is that it's pretty good quality that will last a while.

oh yeah, don't worry about quality, superdry is good stuff for the price. Everyone needs that solid brand, for me it's GAP, where you don't care if it's in because that's where you get your essentials or necessities

Be prepared for those, Thin Finns are the tightest fitting jeans I've ever worn but they're pretty elastic so they're not completely uncomfortable.

I can always return them if I don't like them. I don't expect the tightness to be an issue considering my legs are so skinny that most slim fit pants look baggy on me below the knee.

BumRush

$128 though... I could get nudie jeans for that price.

Edit: And I did. Thin Finns in a color called Dry Dark Grey. They still look slightly blue to me though so it's fine.

You're right about the price, but check Bonobos for sales regularly. I think they might be doing 20% off for new customers right now.

Also, they are really high quality, so they are worth the price IMO

anyone here have clark's bushacre 2's? they're on sale for $60 right now on amazon and i think it would be good for me to have something besides sneakers to put on my feet.

41vCkOULPmL._SX395_.jpg

i live in new england so rain and snow happen sometimes and i want a desert boot-style shoe but without slippery-ass crepe soles.

double post cuz i'm a thug:

i bought a 2nd pair of nudie jeans because after doing some research online, it seems like thin finns actually are pretty damn tight even on skinny people, so i ordered some dark navy grim tims (the cut closest to thin finn while still being slim) and once both arrive i am gonna compare the two and see which one i like more.

Quick

Banned
Need some inspiration to style up my work outfits. Not big on my current employment situation, but I figured I'd make the best of it style wise.

I work retail and the dress code is solid coloured button-up shirt + pants in dark colours, Can't wear shades of red though. Basically bare minimum of business casual. Sneakers are allowed, but only if it's black. Shoes in varying colours are fine depending on the style.

I've been able to mix up a bunch of my oxfords (greys and blues) with olive pants and black jeans. I have tan suede desert boots that I've matched up as well as beeswax Clarks DBs. I've kept it basic, which I think works out well. Just want more ideas I guess.

It might be too restrictive of a dress code to do much else maybe.

Top Bottom