• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Quick

Banned
how do the skinnies fit compared to levi's 510/511?

I've only ever had 501s and 511s, but to compare to 511s, their skinnies are definitely slimmer. Not sure how snug you like your jeans, but it's super stretchy and you might even be able to size down one.

Quick question, how do y'all with bigger thighs and calves buy skinny jeans or joggers?

I usually look for jeans/pants with elastane. Makes them stretchy. Not to sound like an AE salesman, but they have stretch jeans and joggers.

Levi's also has jeans made for "athletic" builds. I'd check those too.

LionPride

Banned
I've only ever had 501s and 511s, but to compare to 511s, their skinnies are definitely slimmer. Not sure how snug you like your jeans, but it's super stretchy and you might even be able to size down one.

I usually look for jeans/pants with elastane. Makes them stretchy. Not to sound like an AE salesman, but they have stretch jeans and joggers.

Aight, I don't mess with AE because a lot of their clothes don't fit me or don't look good on me, but I'll check Levi's

giga

First wings and horns jumper came today and I'm a convert. Amazing knitwork and structure.

wJkCTpX.jpg

On sale for $60 rn (50% off): http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/products/knitted-ls-crewneck-black

Does anyone have any experience with Outlier fits? Trying to find a more waterproof pant for when it's pouring. Usually wear Levis 510's and their commuter 511's are too baggy for me.

Looking at these
http://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/slim-dungarees.html
or maybe even
http://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/futuretapers.html which I know are going to be baggier, but if the taper is good then maybe it'll be ok.

edit: also looking at these https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/m...ns-terra-metro-pants-nf0a2v3y?variationId=JK3
The slim dungarees are Outlier's best and most popular pants but they're pretty similar to the 511 cut afaik. They have the measurements up on the page if you want to check. I would get them tailored — it's my favorite outlier pant.

Quick question, how do y'all with bigger thighs and calves buy skinny jeans or joggers?
Two words: stretch fabric. I don't wear skinny jeans but joggers these days are very much built with stretchy fabrics. That make it real easy to wear even if you have big thighs.

I'm looking for skinnier than 511's (specifically when it comes to the taper from the knee down) but not quite as skinny as the 510's.

Levi's 512's fit great on me but I want dark indigo and the 512's only come in black, lightwash, and a bunch of other wacky colors I don't like.

fuck I double posted

First wings and horns jumper came today and I'm a convert. Amazing knitwork and structure.

On sale for $60 rn (50% off): http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/products/knitted-ls-crewneck-black

The slim dungarees are Outlier's best and most popular pants but they're pretty similar to the 511 cut afaik. They have the measurements up on the page if you want to check. I would get them tailored — it's my favorite outlier pant.
Dang that looks great

And yeah, I could always just get them tapered. I'm tempted to get both and just see how they fit. I wish they had any physical locations though

Hero

Aight, I don't mess with AE because a lot of their clothes don't fit me or don't look good on me, but I'll check Levi's

Levi's 541 athletic line is a godsend. Always having been a bigger guy with large thighs/calves/butt, I usually had to size up or get relaxed (aka sloppy) looking jeans. 541's fit me great and look awesome.

so these will come back in fall? fuck man i want the killshots so bad. they're like the perfect sneaker.

they are indeed returning in the fall. get your $90 ready.

(you can also get them for a little more on ebay/grailed if you don't want to wait, i expect their resale prices to go down quite a bit now that we know they're coming back)

Speaking of watches, I was thinking of treating myself to a dress watch.

2264_m1-33-45-lb_4.jpg

Currently eyeing this one...but can anyone recommend something similar. Smallish watch face, black leather strap, classic design.

In speaking of Oxford shoes, what would you guys suggest pairing these with?

tMjfMkR.jpg

I own navy blue, and dark grey F&O chinos and a ton of buttoni up shirts. Can Oxfords be worn with more casual attire or nah?

they're my favorites for casual wear. heard good things about wolf v goat but haven't tried them yet. i'd also add wings + horns and norse projects.

hmm.

do you know where i can get a nice super slim fit oxford shirt for <$100? i got one from uniqlo a while back and while the body fits alright, the sleeves are so big that they still fall down my arms even if i roll them up multiple times

NinjaBoiX

Watch box update, just two spots left!

8wAfoAc.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a Apple Watch 38mm Series 1. Should I go with Space Grey or Silver? Also, are steel mesh bands tacky? Debating between a steel mesh, nato or a dark brown or dark blue leather strap.

This

or this:

or this:
Def the bottom strap, but I wouldn't wear a smart watch if you paid me.

Buy a proper watch mane!

SourBear

Banned
If you are going to get an Apple Watch and not spring for stainless then get the silver aluminum one. It can at least look a little classy.

The stainless steel and black stainless look amazing in person though.

I really want an Apple Watch but I can't stand it being square. Call me when they make a round version.

NinjaBoiX

I just don't get it, why would you want a phone like thing on your wrist when your phone is right there in your pocket? It's a needless extension imo and it's just a dull square box on your wrist, it's a pretty sleek device I guess but it's hardly stylish.

Wear an actual watch to quickly check the time and as a fashion accessory, I think smart watches just make you look like a bit of a gimp tbh.

NinjaBoiX

I have two good quality Citizen Eco-Drives. I want a Junkers Bauhaus watch like this, but it's almost $600 USD (pics courtesy of Reddit):
Nice nice, I like it. Love the Bauhaus aesthetic.

I really want a Junghans Max Bill, super slick and minimalist watch (it's so slim too):

Rz9VehC.jpg

I'd definitely go for a light tan strap on one of these though, I don't have a white faced watch in the collection yet either.

Nice nice, I like it. Love the Bauhaus aesthetic.

I really want a Junghans Max Bill, super slick and minimalist watch (it's so slim too):

Rz9VehC.jpg

I'd definitely go for a light tan strap on one of these though, I don't have a white faced watch in the collection yet either.

I really want to try on the chronograph version of this but I'm scared it might be too large for me.

NinjaBoiX

I tried this on while I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago (can't remember the designer):

7ZxJ1nN.jpg

I loved the looks but it was light as a feather and felt cheaply made. I politely handed it back to the salesman and left.

Pbae

I tried this on while I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago (can't remember the designer)

I loved the looks but it was light as a feather and felt cheaply made. I politely handed it back to the salesman and left.

If you like that style but want something made better I suggest Uniform Wares. I don't own one buy a friend has one and it uses quality components.

What's a nice looking cheap watch that doesn't make loud ticking noises? I was gonna buy a Timex Weekender but then I realized it becomes quite a distraction in quiet rooms.

Oxn

Those are niiice, gonna grab a pair of the cement, or charcoal. Would love to hear how they fit before i take the plunge as UK shipping is gonna hurt :)

Got my pair yesterday. Havent worn them outside, but they fit like a dream. Craftmanship is amazing, but i already knew that going in since i have 2 other pair of joggers from Zanerobe. I thank the day i discovered this brand. They are true to size, and i bought the size 29.

A very slight stretch to them, something like 2% elastine, so even if you buy a size that is perfect fit, and the next day you gain 3-5lbs, it won't be uncomfortable. Also it invisible on the black i ordered, but since these are tapered pants, this elastic patch on the bottom on the pants is a really nice touch. You can see it on the grey marle edition.

I will definitely be looking into other colors like the cement, but they are expensive, so i try not to go crazy with them, and spread out my purchases more.

Hope this helps

I'm thinking of getting a Apple Watch 38mm Series 1. Should I go with Space Grey or Silver? Also, are steel mesh bands tacky? Debating between a steel mesh, nato or a dark brown or dark blue leather strap.

This

or this:

or this:

Bottom watch all day.

Watch box update, just two spots left!

8wAfoAc.jpg

Def the bottom strap, but I wouldn't wear a smart watch if you paid me.

Buy a proper watch mane!

What's that red watch? Link plz?

NinjaBoiX

If you like that style but want something made better I suggest Uniform Wares. I don't own one buy a friend has one and it uses quality components.
Hmm, I like the face but that strap looks ridiculously out of proportion. Where are the lugs? It kind of looks like a photoshop, lol.
What's that red watch? Link plz?
Diesel - Trojan

It seems to be out of stock most places, it was a gift from a GF a couple of years ago. Nice watch though, it wears really well and is surprisingly versatile for such a bold design.

(The one in the link has a metal strap, mine is rubber.)

Zekes!

anyone here have experience with:

- gustin
- reigning champ
- pistol lake
- wolf vs goat

?

Reigning Champ is legit. They're my default for sweatshirts and hoodies. Wings + Horns is great too.

I have limited experience with Wolf vs Goat, but they seemed great. I received 2 free pairs of chinos from them (the head of the brand posted about giving away some old product on styleforum some years ago). They quality of the paints was awesome, but they were a straight leg and I had them tapered. Unfortunately they were tapered too much and while they fit perfectly in the waist at the time, when I put some mass on around my waist and legs, they became too tight.

Top Bottom