• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
that's kind of the point

LEwFDrZ.png

except the not wearing it part. they're all singular pieces. one of them is just a sweatshirt.

i was a total goober to order a larger size of nudie jeans

as usual, the fits that people say are super tight end up being kinda baggy on me in the calf area.

gonna try some unbranded ub401's next.

Lotto

i was a total goober to order a larger size of nudie jeans

as usual, the fits that people say are super tight end up being kinda baggy on me in the calf area.

gonna try some unbranded ub401's next.

Thin finns ended up being baggy? That's insane bro, and this is coming from a twig.

Picked up a beige jacket from the Suitsupply S/S pre-order.

Their stuff goes so quickly, not even sure I want it but I know it'll be sold out in my size by the end of the day.

Why don't you just return for your size?

because I got them on sale, and the sale has now ended so all of nudie jeans' products are back up to full price

i got unbranded ub401's for $65 on amazon, i seriously doubt nudie jeans are worth their regular price of $160

Thin finns ended up being baggy? That's insane bro, and this is coming from a twig.

the thighs and seat fit well, but the calves weren't tapered enough for my liking. i did go with my normal waist size of 30, mind you. not really a fan of going for smaller waist sizes unless i have to.

Lotto

fPTeR9O.png

not much of a fit poster, but when it rained a couple of days ago

band of outsiders parka(RIP)/everlane tee/geller jeans/llbean katahdins

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Need advice GAF.

I have a formal event coming up, will this pair of shoes be good with a navy suit?

So the bottom of my banana republic chinos have black stains on them from the dirty floors when I was out at night. I'm worried about ruining them if I wash them.

I called BR and they said pull the pants inside out, wash them in warm water (tag says), and air dry them if I don't want them to get faded and drink.

I asked if I can dry clean them to remove the black dirt/stain, and the guy said since the tag doesn't say anything about dry clean they may get ruined.

Should do what he says?

Quick

Banned
So the bottom of my banana republic chinos have black stains on them from the dirty floors when I was out at night. I'm worried about ruining them if I wash them.

I called BR and they said pull the pants inside out, wash them in warm water (tag says), and air dry them if I don't want them to get faded and drink.

I asked if I can dry clean them to remove the black dirt/stain, and the guy said since the tag doesn't say anything about dry clean they may get ruined.

Should do what he says?

Just wash it man. I have BR chinos and it's still fine after a whole bunch of washes. Just turn it inside out, as instructed by them.

i want a nice pair of comfy dark indigo stretch jeans with a skinny/slim-tapered/tailored fit. is that too much to ask?

i tried some raw denim and it's not for me, i can't deal with having to wear a pair of pants for several weeks straight just to make them somewhat comfortable

Quick

Banned
i want a nice pair of comfy dark indigo stretch jeans with a skinny/slim-tapered/tailored fit. is that too much to ask?

i tried some raw denim and it's not for me, i can't deal with having to wear a pair of pants for several weeks straight just to make them somewhat comfortable

American Eagle.

Do it.

Lotto

Try uniqlo skinny fit tapered jeans, I forget if they have elastane in it but they're stretchy, tapered, and probably what you're looking for. Uniqlo keeps changing their sizing though so ymmv. Also, buy on sale.

Try uniqlo skinny fit tapered jeans, I forget if they have elastane in it but they're stretchy, tapered, and probably what you're looking for. Uniqlo keeps changing their sizing though so ymmv. Also, buy on sale.
yeah it sucked when they went to 34 length only. their in house tailors took out the taper when I went to 32 too, haven't bought their jeans since

NinjaBoiX

Should do what he says?
Don't buy clothes that get ruined by soap and water, simple.

Seriously, this kid gloves approach to washing clothes is ridiculous, if I genuinely couldn't wash my dirty clothes I would literally just bin them.

If mollycoddled fashion choices trump personal hygiene then you're doing life wrong. Washing your pants should be the least of your worries.

giga

Don't buy clothes that get ruined by soap and water, simple.

Seriously, this kid gloves approach to washing clothes is ridiculous, if I genuinely couldn't wash my dirty clothes I would literally just bin them.

If mollycoddled fashion choices trump personal hygiene then you're doing life wrong. Washing your pants should be the least of your worries.
That rule doesn't work on so many basic things like wool sweaters, wool slacks, and formal wear. It's not kid gloves, it's the reality of some fabrics and weaves that are desirable and necessary.

Quick

Banned
That rule doesn't work on so many basic things like wool sweaters, wool slacks, and formal wear. It's not kid gloves, it's the reality of some fabrics and weaves that are desirable and necessary.

I think he's referring more to actually washing clothes in general than any specific method. Jason says he's afraid to wash his chinos, even after consulting BR about how to wash them.

Of course you should be more delicate with wool or formal wear, but the point is you're gonna clean them. The kid gloves approach is like guys who wrap their new sneakers up in plastic.

giga

I think he's referring more to actually washing clothes in general than any specific method. Jason says he's afraid to wash his chinos, even after consulting BR about how to wash them.

Of course you should be more delicate with wool or formal wear, but the point is you're gonna clean them. The kid gloves approach is like guys who wrap their new sneakers up in plastic.
Im struggling to think of things you can't clean if the rule applies to delicates and wools.

Does anyone have any experience with Outlier fits? Trying to find a more waterproof pant for when it's pouring. Usually wear Levis 510's and their commuter 511's are too baggy for me.

Looking at these
http://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/slim-dungarees.html
or maybe even
http://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail/futuretapers.html which I know are going to be baggier, but if the taper is good then maybe it'll be ok.

edit: also looking at these https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/m...ns-terra-metro-pants-nf0a2v3y?variationId=JK3

Top Bottom