• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

How much do selvedge jeans stretch?

I picked up a pair from Uniqlo, and it's a bit tight on the waist, but I'm hoping it stretches to a more comfortable level with continuous wear.

I can button it with no problem, but it just feels snug on my hips and crotch.

It's not really a question of selvedge but the material of the jean. The stretch uniqlo jeans will not stretch out unlike real raw pure cotton denim. In my experience they will shrink even more through multiple washes even letting it hang dry. Uniqlo used to carry pure cotton denim but got cheap and added elastane to all their slim and skinny models. Less cotton makes denim cheaper to manufacture.

Lotto

9RjLCxQ.jpg

ss17 natural colorway cps

y/n?

Any recs on nice black shoes/boots that you can wear on a nice night out? but trying to avoid looking like I just came from work. Something like what you get at Zara and H&M, but nice quality?

Maybe like a poor man's common projects?

Quick

Banned
Yeah, I doubt the waist will stretch out much if there is stretch fabric blended in.

It's not really a question of selvedge but the material of the jean. The stretch uniqlo jeans will not stretch out unlike real raw pure cotton denim. In my experience they will shrink even more through multiple washes even letting it hang dry. Uniqlo used to carry pure cotton denim but got cheap and added elastane to all their slim and skinny models. Less cotton makes denim cheaper to manufacture.

Thanks for the responses.

Gonna give it as much wear as I can in hopes that it stretches out just a bit.

giga

How is CT compared to Brooks Brothers? I'm planning on refreshing my work attire and am thinking of going with the 4 for $200 deal at Brooks Brothers online but I keep hearing good things about CT.

BB is higher quality but CT has better fits unless you're overweight.

BumRush

How is CT compared to Brooks Brothers? I'm planning on refreshing my work attire and am thinking of going with the 4 for $200 deal at Brooks Brothers online but I keep hearing good things about CT.

It's a step down but not by much. They have a ton of styles, fits and feels. Personally, I like the way CT fit me better (5'9" 170 lbs, athletic / slim fit)

Quick

Banned
Anyone catch Get Out yet?

Aesthetics was legit. I really liked how Chris pulled off the band collar shirt, dude's whole aesthetic really. Inspired to try out band collars now.

What do you guys think of the J crew New balances in white vs the J crew Nike Killshot 2? Sorry on mobile or I would post pics

you can't get the killshot 2 anymore, so the j crew new balance is your only option.

a new version of the killshot 2's is coming in spring, but it's gonna be white instead of gum.

still doesn't compare to the killshot 2. god damn it nike.

Killshot 2 restocked.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/shoes/sneakers/nike-for-jcrew-killshot-2-sneakers/85231

Isn't it mostly known for it's luggage/bags? Never seen any of its menswear online or elsewhere. I know the parent label for womens wear is having money issues.

Oxn

how are they for long-legged gaf?

They seem true to size, so just get the size u normally do.

Got my pair for $30, im going to try to get more colors now cause this is a bargain. They have sales all the time.

Also skinny is like the new super slim. They don't make skinny like skin tight anymore, and these have a stretch to it, so its perfect.

They seem true to size, so just get the size u normally do.

Got my pair for $30, im going to try to get more colors now cause this is a bargain. They have sales all the time.

Also skinny is like the new super slim. They don't make skinny like skin tight anymore, and these have a stretch to it, so its perfect.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for sales.

entremet

Anyone know where I can cop those wooden bead bracelets?

I knew a chap in Style Forum who would hand make them, but he retired from that venture.

Lost a few in a move.

entremet

Damn, y'all savage lol.

I checked my PMs from StyleForum. It was 2011 ;P

But seriously, you guys don't do masculine wrist-wear to complement your watches and add some asymmetry to your wrists?

NinjaBoiX

Nah man, watch on my left wrist (which is a bit unconventional) and that's it.

When I think of wooden beads worn as jewellery I think of unbuttoned polo shirts with popped collars and cheesy spiked haircuts with frosted blond tips.

Oxn

When I think of wooden beads worn as jewellery I think of unbuttoned polo shirts with popped collars and cheesy spiked haircuts with frosted blond tips.

I think of Occupy Wall Street protesters

entremet

Lol. Really?!

I remember them being more popular with the Sprezzatura phase in Men's Fashion circles online.

Like this:

Funny how perceptions differ.

NinjaBoiX

Really? I assumed most people wear them on the right.

(Most of my watches have the buttons on the right, which lead me to think they were intended to be worn on the right wrist.)

#newthingfortoday

Edit:

xzhMGxq.jpg

Surely you're more likely to accidentally press the buttons with the back of your hand worn like this?

entremet

Left is the traditional location.

My theory is that since righthandedness is dominant, it made the left hand was open to check the time.

Think when carrying a briefcase or umbrella. It's much more convenient to have your watch on your left hand, which would be unencumbered.

Obviously, if you're lefty that won't be the case, but these trends develop from mass adoption and there are many more righties than lefties per genetic distribution.

CFMOORE!

Left is the traditional location.

My theory is that since righthandedness is dominant, it made the left hand was open to check the time.

Think when carrying a briefcase or umbrella. It's much more convenient to have your watch on your left hand, which would be unencumbered.

Obviously, if you're lefty that won't be the case, but these trends develop from mass adoption and there are many more righties than lefties per genetic distribution.

i am a lefty and would never and have never once worn my watch on my right hand.

Top Bottom