• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I have a pair of dry selvage jeans that I've washed once. Had them two years. Was actually thinking this morning I've give them another wash.

Prez

Which brands of belts are the most durable and best quality? I need a belt without nickel so my choices are limited to the following brands:

Pierre Cardin
Lloyd
Lindenmann
Levi
Macosta

Alucrid

Banned
my latest purchase

vIECvQh.jpg

Anyone here try outdoor voices gear for working out? How's the fit? Is it baggier or slimmer then the big name fitness brands? Was looking to pick up a pair of the new sunday shorts.

NinjaBoiX

Havent posted in here in a while, just came in to check if NinjaBoiX is still shitposting and hating on every trend in existence.
Still here bro, alive and whinging! I'm old and stuck in my ways man, I don't get how the hip kids dress these days.

(To be fair I have a solid 60/40 ratio of constructive/positive posts and cloud shouting.)

h3ro

Still here bro, alive and whinging! I'm old and stuck in my ways man, I don't get how the hip kids dress these days.

(To be fair I have a solid 60/40 ratio of constructive/positive posts and cloud shouting.)

You're watch crown debates brought that more over towards 35/65.

Bought a YSL t-shirt for way too much money. Don't really regret it...but it was definitely an excessive purchase...I could have bought 50 Uniqlo crew necks for the same price.

Left hand is more common...but maybe just because its easier to put a watch on your 'other' hand.

One of the 'trendy' things I have seen a little bit of is wearing the watch face on the inside of the wrist rather than the outside.
pretty sure the inside of the wrist watch thing originated in military use. lot easier to tell the time with your hand on a gun.

NinjaBoiX

You're watch crown debates brought that more over towards 35/65.
Huh, I figured that was one of my more constructive diatribes.

But for reals, fashion is just a concession of popular aesthetic ideals for people to replicate to feel part of a movement until someone tells them that it's not cool anymore and they should move on to the next popular aesthetic ideal.

What gets me is the almost spoon fed trends of "wear this for this season and then the next season this is cool but the thing we just told you to wear is lame so wear the next thing hot thing lest you be out of touch and lame and stuff."

Fuck off, buy clothes you like and be done with it.

Fuck "FASHION".

👩🏼

$75 for a tee ...damn no thanks, lucky I live hear a Nike outlet

Was mostly looking at the shorts and just for fit. The mainstream stuff from nike, Adidas, etc tend to fit me rather big and billowy so wanted an alternative. I will pay extra bucks for a pair of nice fitting gym shorts that are flattering to my skinny physique.

My bro in law's sister is actually a director in that company.

How's about hooking up a gaf bro with a coupon code lol!

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but is this for fashion advice and discussion about releases? Also not sure if streetwear is a thing in this thread? OP makes it seem like this is more for casual business attire and preppy clothing.

Sorry for all of the questions. :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any good places in the UK to check for Alpha Industries products? I'm after the MA-1 Flight jacket in Steel but not having much luck. Could order direct but the postage and custom charges puts it quite high.

entremet

How should you jeans fit at the waist?

I've always used belts, but I heard that jeans should not need belts to stay up.

I have athletic build, so getting slimmer jeans that match my waistline and thighs is hard.

So I compromise. Should I just get them taken in.

rokkerkory

I've always used belts, but I heard that jeans should not need belts to stay up.

I have athletic build, so getting slimmer jeans that match my waistline and thighs is hard.

I always use a belt too but generally I like my jeans relaxed at the waist and not too tight. I am slim built and fit sized 30-31 waist.

NinjaBoiX

I usually use a belt, nice and wide with a simple buckle.

As for how jeans should fit, I like mine to sit fairly low, not hanging off my butt but certainly not like you'd wear smart trousers.

h3ro

Jeans shouldn't need a belt but you should still never wear jeans without one.

I think it's a matter of preference. In casual settings, I never wear a belt with jeans.

If anything, I've pretty much stopped wearing belts period. In formal situations or any situation requiring a suit or jacket and trousers, I wear braces/suspenders negating the need for belts and in casual uses with jeans, the pants are fitted enough not to need extra cinching.

Hero

Go to a department store and try on a pair of Levi's 541 athletic line.

Really? I assumed most people wear them on the right.

(Most of my watches have the buttons on the right, which lead me to think they were intended to be worn on the right wrist.)

#newthingfortoday

Edit:

xzhMGxq.jpg

Surely you're more likely to accidentally press the buttons with the back of your hand worn like this?
I need to the know the model name of this watch or I will explode.

overcast

Very dumb question. What shoe do you guys think would be slip resistant and also comfortable? Tired of shitty work shoes and Nikes are okay at my store as long as they're black.

Was gonna do the free's but they're 92. So..

New002

Anyone use a wardrobe app? I'm slowly tweaking my wardrobe as I lose weight and get in better shape, and I stumbled upon an app called Men Closet, but there's a bunch of similar ones really. Pretty cool. You can basically search for or import images of your clothing and essentially build a virtual closet where you can test out outfits and looks.

I only messed with it for two seconds but when I get more time I'm gonna take pics of the items in my closet and get them in there.

Top Bottom