• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Sales sales everywhere. (stone island shadow project & white mountaineering)

zo9kgtD.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So what's the fall style going to be this year? What do you guys wear casually out and about in the fall? Jeans and button ups? Light jackets?

I need to grab another pair of Clarks too.

Skinny jeans will literally take the shape of your legs, or similarly, may stick tightly to your legs. Slim fit are designed more to just be "tighter" than a regular straight cut, while not being as tight as skinny jeans. You can see the difference when you wear them, so choose wisely.

kaskade

I ordered some N&F weird guys. Amazon had them for 20% off until July 31st with a code so I figured now is a good time. Hopefully they fit.

friday

So, I could go for a niceish pair of black boots. I am thinking something a big rugged like an Iron Ranger, but my budget is not that high. I would like to shoot for something under $200. What do you guys think of the Corcorn Jump boots? I know at first glance they come off a bit to hyper nationalist, but I think as long as you wear your pants over them instead of tucked in they look pretty good after a good break-in.

Start like this

But they wear in nicely

Boken

Banned
i believe its their 'auth low pro' line

ive never been a fan of the huge chunky sole on vans that go up towards the toe, so i got ones like these

Bh7DOZV.jpg

i like the shape of woessner:
woessnerblk61011-1-1000.jpg

vans-woessner-white-hemp-1.jpg

Also looking for a pair of Vans, Superga's or shoes styled along those lines. From what I see, though, they're super expensive for what they are. Gotta save into mid-August before I get anything.

So, I could go for a niceish pair of black boots. I am thinking something a big rugged like an Iron Ranger, but my budget is not that high. I would like to shoot for something under $200. What do you guys think of the Corcorn Jump boots? I know at first glance they come off a bit to hyper nationalist, but I think as long as you wear your pants over them instead of tucked in they look pretty good after a good break-in.

Start like this

But they wear in nicely
the only thing that bugs me about corcoran is the toe. a little sleeker and it would look so much better. I can't think of much else at exactly the $200 range outside of sale prices, though.

Tried doing some searching to no avail, so I've come here. Anybody have some good suggestions for work pants? I have a few pairs of Dockers Slim Fit flat front khakis that are fine, except yesterday I look down at my crotch and there is a tear at the seam, which is just awful as I only have like 4 pairs of work pants to begin with.

It seems like most of the khaki's I see or try on that aren't slim fit are too baggy. It would be nice to find kind of a happy medium between slim fit and regular fit.

Alucrid

Banned
Tried doing some searching to no avail, so I've come here. Anybody have some good suggestions for work pants? I have a few pairs of Dockers Slim Fit flat front khakis that are fine, except yesterday I look down at my crotch and there is a tear at the seam, which is just awful as I only have like 4 pairs of work pants to begin with.

It seems like most of the khaki's I see or try on that aren't slim fit are too baggy. It would be nice to find kind of a happy medium between slim fit and regular fit.

dockers alpha khaki?

maybe levi 511 hybrid pants

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Are you specifically after khakis or other colors as well? I've recommended the American Apparel Schoolboy pants a few times in the past, but they only come in grey, blue and black. Slim not skinny, very clean, minimal design, durable, comfy, etc.

Boken

Banned
Personally I'd go for the blue because its more seasonal and flexible
but the camo is cooler

p.s. i think somebody cut holes into your tshirt

overcast

I don't fuck with Camo.

I've never ordered clothes online (aside from threadless shirts a few years ago, and a few things for my ex). I'm going to order chino's from J. Crew pretty soon. Scared I'm going to get the size wrong. I feel like my legs are always randomly deciding to look good in 32's or it's too small.

Servbot24

Banned
I haven't really updated my wardrobe that much since I graduated from college, and I feel that a break-up is looming soon in my future, so it might be a good time to do some shopping and boost my confidence a little. Starting with Jack Threads because it seems pretty cheap and I'm on a strict budget.

I can choose 2 or 3 of these, what should it be fashionGAF? (i have very light-colored skin if that's a factor, lol) ...Or if you think they all suck that's cool too

jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product

Also how do you guys feel about tanks? They seem pretty popular, though I'm not really sure that I want to wear them, partly because I'm not quite defined enough. :p

jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product

Still for 10 bucks wouldn't hurt to have one on hand, right?

I also need some new shorts. I have to admit I love wearing cargo shorts, but my feeling is that this thread will advise against them :p

Boken

Banned
I haven't really updated my wardrobe that much since I graduated from college, and I feel that a break-up is looming soon in my future, so it might be a good time to do some shopping and boost my confidence a little. Starting with Jack Threads because it seems pretty cheap and I'm on a strict budget.

I can choose 2 or 3 of these, what should it be fashionGAF? (i have very light-colored skin if that's a factor, lol) ...Or if you think they all suck that's cool too

jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product

Also how do you guys feel about tanks? They seem pretty popular, though I'm not really sure that I want to wear them, partly because I'm not quite defined enough. :p

jt-sale_product
jt-sale_product

Still for 10 bucks wouldn't hurt to have one on hand, right?

I also need some new shorts. I have to admit I love wearing cargo shorts, but my feeling is that this thread will advise against them :p
not hot on them but

black/blue tee, the henley and the marle striped tank. not sure how the black blue would look on very fair skin

if youre skinny, tanks are still ok

Zekes!

Of the tees you posted, the pocket baseball tee and the 3/4 sleeve henley. The others I'm not so hot on

and if you're looking for shorts, try some chino shorts

overcast

Going to agree with them. Definitely the henley and black/blue shirt. I personally don't like tanks, so no opinion on that one.

Servbot24

Banned
Alright cool, those are the two I was leaning towards. I'll have a go at a tank as well. What is marle striped? I was leaning towards the one with the green stripe. And yeah I'm fairly skinny just not quite tight.

kaskade

My ASOS slutty T is not too bad. It was a little tight in the sleeves but stretched a bit as the night went on. I'll see if it shrinks a lot in the wash. If it does I'll probably size up. If not, I might order a few more. Feels nice and a it's a nice change up from a v neck.

Top Bottom