• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

i want to step up my white t-shirt game. i'm looking for something semi-sheer, to give a little 'texture'. I found something from blk dnm on farfetch, and i'm probably going to walk over to the slp store to see what they have, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

what the FUCK

i had some great uniqlo slim jeans i bought on ebay in 2011 and they blew out on me and were done so i threw them out but the predistress and fit were great so i go online and there is nothing like them on ebay or the official site so whatever i order the next best thing in terms of the distress and color and i get them today, hold them up and yep its basically the same cut but a little high rise okay whatever

then i go to put them on and they are clearly fucking spandex, i look online, 2% spandex

WHAT THE FUCK UNIQLO

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

GODDAMMIT

the $60 now wasted on this and my poor fitting apcs for $150 and i couldve just gotten something much better, now i have to sell both of these

My Levi commuter jeans have 2% spandex; only jeans I wear.

Antagon

i want to step up my white t-shirt game. i'm looking for something semi-sheer, to give a little 'texture'. I found something from blk dnm on farfetch, and i'm probably going to walk over to the slp store to see what they have, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Not exactly sure if I get what you mean, something like this?

vRpUVGy.jpg

That's an Acne Josh tee

robox

stretchy material in pants are a selling point to me now.
makes it way easier to get a nice fit with my fat legs

Servbot24

Banned
Are cowls ever ok? I love wearing hoodies and I like these colors

jt-sale_product

But I'm not too sure about it, afraid I would look silly

BOUGHT!

Finally... bought two of the white ones to try out. Excited to try them and see how good they are. If they live up to the hype, I'm ordering 3 more haha.

Also those Hanes V-Necks I got from Target are comfortable as hell. Just watch out for the sleeves. They're pretty long to wear as an undershirt... I'm hoping they shrink, but if it doesn't, I'm either gonna cut them or hem them somehow.

BOUGHT!

Finally... bought two of the white ones to try out. Excited to try them and see how good they are. If they live up to the hype, I'm ordering 3 more haha.

Also those Hanes V-Necks I got from Target are comfortable as hell. Just watch out for the sleeves. They're pretty long to wear as an undershirt... I'm hoping they shrink, but if it doesn't, I'm either gonna cut them or hem them somehow.
The mossimo athletic fit vnecks are a lot better than the hanes ones you just bought

How do I tie this bloody silk knit tie? The fabric is so weird, it goes all over the place and doesn't leave a neat knot.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT, I KNOW HOW TO TIE TIES.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Got around to the Future Beauty exhibit at the art museum today. Really awesome stuff, albeit entirely women's fashion. Focus was mostly on Yamamoto, Miyake, Watanabe, and Kawakubo, with a few lesser-known (to me, at least) designers in the mix here and there.

There's a section devoted to "flat" design where the dresses -- a single object, deceptively simple looking -- are displayed first in their perfectly flat, almost mundane form, and then on mannequins where the materials take on this incredible depth, contorted, interwoven, billowing... You wonder how the two instances could possibly be the same article of clothing. It's like fabric origami.

Got around to the Future Beauty exhibit at the art museum today. Really awesome stuff, albeit entirely women's fashion. Focus was mostly on Yamamoto, Miyake, Watanabe, and Kawakubo, with a few lesser-known (to me, at least) designers in the mix here and there.

There's a section devoted to "flat" design where the dresses -- a single object, deceptively simple looking -- are displayed first in their perfectly flat, almost mundane form, and then on mannequins where the materials take on this incredible depth, contorted, interwoven, billowing... You wonder how the two instances could possibly be the same article of clothing. It's like fabric origami.

Just looked this up. Looks awesome! And in Seattle? Possible location for manshion PAX meet up?

overcast

I'm slowly descending into a 50/50 split of tucked or untucked depending on the situation.

Sometimes a button up just looks damn good tucked.

While the vast majority of guys I see tucking in shirts look awful I do sometimes see guys in tailored clothes and slim solid builds that pull off the look.

Servbot24

Banned
Just ordered a couple shirts from Jack Threads for the first time. Decided to be safe and go large even though I can occasionally do a medium shirt.

Yes?

Are you asking if its okay to wear a tie with this shirt or are you asking what kind of tie?
If it's okay to wear a tie with it (would be a slimmer than normal tie, but not skinny) and whether its suitable with a formal suit.

I've heard it said button downs are more casual and shouldn't be worn in formal settings.

---

+1 for Uniqlo airism. The underwear is freaking amazing.

overcast

50/50 was false. More like 75/25 tucked to untucked ratio.

Might grab one of those slutty tees. They look pretty nice. Do I need a big build to rock one though? I need to put on some weight, but I'm getting in pretty good shape.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Might grab one of those slutty tees. They look pretty nice. Do I need a big build to rock one though? I need to put on some weight, but I'm getting in pretty good shape.

Scoop necks look better on a slim build rather than a muscled one, imo. If you're beyond Gosling levels, I would pass.

overcast

Scoop necks look better on a slim build rather than a muscled one, imo. If you're beyond Gosling levels, I would pass.
Lol. I'm a slim dude for sure. I wish I was at Gosling levels.

Where can I grab a pretty cheap one? Uniqlo maybe? Edit: Actually looks like ASOS.

While the vast majority of guys I see tucking in shirts look awful I do sometimes see guys in tailored clothes and slim solid builds that pull off the look.
Acceptance is the first step bro.

50/50 was false. More like 75/25 tucked to untucked ratio.

That's more like it. Tucked always looks super clean if you wear it right.

I'm also looking for some slutty tees I just don't know where to cop.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Lol. I'm a slim dude for sure. I wish I was at Gosling levels.

Where can I grab a pretty cheap one? Uniqlo maybe? Edit: Actually looks like ASOS.

Yeah, I've got four or five from Asos and am very happy with 'em. Someone mentioned it before, too, but keep in mind the sleeves are going to be high and tight.

kaskade

Well my ASOS slutty t did shrink a bit in the wash. I think I'm going to size up next time. It was pretty good when I got it but shrunk a little bit. Being white makes it a little too see through that tight. They're supposed to be a little looser anyway. They have a couple of different styles too. I might get a raw edge one now.

Also coupon code SEVENTEEN20 should get you 20% off until the 15th.

Alucrid

Banned
Well my ASOS slutty t did shrink a bit in the wash. I think I'm going to size up next time. It was pretty good when I got it but shrunk a little bit. Being white makes it a little too see through that tight. They're supposed to be a little looser anyway. They have a couple of different styles too. I might get a raw edge one now.

Also coupon code SEVENTEEN20 should get you 20% off until the 15th.

i warned you about stairs bro

I like them well enough for $8, wearing one today. Good beaters, but I had to size up especially after they went through the dryer once.

Zekes!

Tucked shirts never look right on me, probably because I'm so scrawny and finding a really well fitting off the rack shirt is difficult for me.

Tucked shirts never look right on me, probably because I'm so scrawny and finding a really well fitting off the rack shirt is difficult for me.

That's what I'm saying man it takes the perfect fitting clothes and the perfect frame. tucking in your shirt takes a huge amount of effort if you want it to look good.

overcast

Yeah, I've got four or five from Asos and am very happy with 'em. Someone mentioned it before, too, but keep in mind the sleeves are going to be high and tight.
Alright, means I'm getting a few larges for sure come paycheck time next week. Going to take advantage of that code too.

They have free shipping?
That's more like it. Tucked always looks super clean if you wear it right.
Sometimes I feel it looks weird, but if I wear the right pants/shirt combo it can look very nice.

http://i.minus.com/jgBNEqY6kotGj.jpg[/IMG

What do you guys think of my old pair of clarks?[/QUOTE]

Nice, worn down very nicely.

I'm thinking of buying some shoes from Clarks for work. Brogues or Derby's, what do you guys think?

Choosing between these two:

[IMG]http://cdn2.next.co.uk/COMMON/Items/Default/Default/Publications/X52/shotview/4590/764-330-X52s3.jpg

20355032_A_p.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What are your thoughts on only wearing tshirts (graphic snd plain) and jeans daily outside the office? Different colors. I haven't ventured into other styles.

Boken

Banned
What are your thoughts on only wearing tshirts (graphic snd plain) and jeans daily outside the office? Different colors. I haven't ventured into other styles.
its up to you what youre comfortable wearing, but personally i'd feel pretty boring if i wore tees and jeans everyday.

how do you feel about it?

friday

If it's okay to wear a tie with it (would be a slimmer than normal tie, but not skinny) and whether its suitable with a formal suit.

I've heard it said button downs are more casual and shouldn't be worn in formal settings

Yeah that shirt is fine to wear with a tie. You dont always have to wear a finely pressed spread collar with a suit.

If the season calls for it then yeah that is fine. I wear a t shirt almost everyday now since it usually 80+ during the day. I also work in a warehouse, so I can't wear nice clothes. Come fall and winter it will be back to long sleeves.

Top Bottom