• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Boken

Banned
hey guys what do you think of this manshion
107335-bargain-mansion.jpg

Zekes!

I like these two jackets from Club Monaco:

track jacket
varsity jacket

I'm a little hesitant on the varsity just because I already have a black one I wear during the fall, and with that Wings + Horns one looming over me I don't want three. I think I'm gonna cop that track jacket, though. I quite like it.

Where do y'all get undershirts?

I'm transitioning my clothes to polo's and button ups, and I need undershirts lol. Right now I've got a couple of crews and v-necks from Hanes and Forever 21. The one I got from F21 is fantastic but they don't sell them anymore. The one's from Hanes on the other hand are fncking terrible... I need to replace them stat. I feel like I'm in a sauna everytime I put them under a polo. -____-

I've heard good things about Uniqlo's but they're pretty much sold out online so I still haven't got a chance to try them.

I'm particularly looking for white/grey v-necks and hopefully under $10 for one. So if y'all got any suggestions, I'll gladly take them.

Zekes!

Y'all are tempting on that varsity even though I'll end up with 3. No ones feeling the track jacket though? The girl I'm seeing told me it's ugly

giga

I'm transitioning my clothes to polo's and button ups, and I need undershirts lol. Right now I've got a couple of crews and v-necks from Hanes and Forever 21. The one I got from F21 is fantastic but they don't sell them anymore. The one's from Hanes on the other hand are fncking terrible... I need to replace them stat. I feel like I'm in a sauna everytime I put them under a polo. -____-

I've heard good things about Uniqlo's but they're pretty much sold out online so I still haven't got a chance to try them.

I'm particularly looking for white/grey v-necks and hopefully under $10 for one. So if y'all got any suggestions, I'll gladly take them.
Target merona or uniqlo airism.

Rookje

> 2013
> wearing undershirts

toxk_02

Black Republican
Any thoughts on J Crew for suits? Their shirts and pants fit me pretty well but I don't know anyone with a suit from them, I'm leaning their way but curious if the money is better spent elsewhere.

kaskade

My Naked & Famous fit pretty well. I heard they should be really tight in the waist since they tend to stretch a lot. Everywhere else fits pretty well. I just need to have them hemmed an inch or two I think.

Boken

Banned
Still waiting on my first wash to get my n&f hemmed.

They've barely faded though, I don't wear them enough

Would anyone on here in the States be willing to help me ship something from there to here? I'm obviously willing to pay for the shipping and get you something but the product I want only ships to residential US addresses.

Zekes!

Do they have a lot of sales? I like some of their stuff, I have just never been compelled enough to spend the money.

Yeah they do. They get new stock every month, and if you wait a couple months, they'll go on sale. They often do "additional 30% off sale items" etc, sales as well. If I waited I could get either of those jackets for say like, $60.

I'm going to a party tomorrow night that's "homeless" themed (friend quitting job). How am I supposed to be #menswear/manshion with a theme like that? I'm thinking slutty tee + denim jacket.

size 52 is huge.

who is that big
52 Italian size = 42 American. Not that big really. I'm a 52.

Any thoughts on J Crew for suits? Their shirts and pants fit me pretty well but I don't know anyone with a suit from them, I'm leaning their way but curious if the money is better spent elsewhere.

They're slightly overpriced at MSRP, but they are half-canvassed and a solid step above most retail chain suits. Thicker guys won't look good in the slimmer Ludlow lapels, but them is the breaks. I'd check out Suit Supply if they have a retail store in your city as their cost is about the same but they have a greater selection.

> 2013
> wearing undershirts

Are undershirts a big thing? I never wore one.

It kinda depends on the person I think.

I wear undershirts simply coz sweat does not feel and look good. Not to mention I live in North Texas where no matter what you wear, you're gonna end up sweating balls anyway. On one hand, I'm only making my self feel hotter by wearing an undershirt, but on the other hand, wearing one can keep my polo/dress shirt looking good no matter the hour.

I've seen a bunch of dudes wear fancy shirts only to see a dark spot in their armpits or around their collar. And that wasn't from a lack of deodorant/anti-perspirant either. No thank you, I'm willing to take that heat as long as I still look good haha.

Target merona or uniqlo airism.

I seem to remember somebody vouching for those Target Merona shirts in the old thread. I'm gonna stop by Target tomorrow and check them out.

I'm also hoping Uniqlo's gonna restock their undershirt section online soon. I'm gonna get some button ups as soon as my paycheck gets here so I'll definitely buy them along with that order lol.

Thanks for the suggestions btw!

Boken

Banned
I'm going to a party tomorrow night that's "homeless" themed (friend quitting job). How am I supposed to be #menswear/manshion with a theme like that? I'm thinking slutty tee + denim jacket.

52 Italian size = 42 American. Not that big really. I'm a 52.
yeah im just joshing, im 48-50 european

I'm also hoping Uniqlo's gonna restock their undershirt section online soon. I'm gonna get some button ups as soon as my paycheck gets here so I'll definitely buy them along with that order lol.

Thanks for the suggestions btw!
I really like their sheer+stretchy undershirt.think its called AIRism

Visceir

Wasn't there that one homeless chinese dude who became a style icon?

How is the fit on the undershirts? Have you considered a bamboo/cotton polo? I love this for example.

http://www.allusaclothing.com/Bamboo-Pique-Polo-p/2305bpk.htm

Perhaps the undershirt isn't a problem. Might you know the weight of the cotton of the undershirts?

Alucrid

Banned
Sorry man, no idea. Not in the UK and probably didn't pay a reasonable price. Shouldn't be too hard if you just look around for a denim jacket though, Levis might have something.

I remember this story from last year. This dude lived in a Chinese village and was either homeless or just very, very poor, and still managed to walk around like a complete badass.

In very poor mental health.

How is the fit on the undershirts? Have you considered a bamboo/cotton polo? I love this for example.

http://www.allusaclothing.com/Bamboo-Pique-Polo-p/2305bpk.htm

Perhaps the undershirt isn't a problem. Might you know the weight of the cotton of the undershirts?

The fit on the problem shirts are fine, not too tight and not too loose either. The material is definitely the problem. While it is 100% cotton, it's too damn thick lol. I'll just put them aside for fall/winter where I need a thicker shirt to stay warm lol.

That's the first time I've seen a bamboo/cotton polo. Looks interesting, I might try it if I've got some extra cash.

Also, I went to my local Target... I asked them about the Merona shirts and they apparently don't stock them anymore. They have the single tees out, but the packaged tees are sold out. I ended up getting a Hanes Premium V-Neck, the cotton feels pretty thin and it's moisture wicking. Hopefully this'll work lol.

mooooose

what the FUCK

i had some great uniqlo slim jeans i bought on ebay in 2011 and they blew out on me and were done so i threw them out but the predistress and fit were great so i go online and there is nothing like them on ebay or the official site so whatever i order the next best thing in terms of the distress and color and i get them today, hold them up and yep its basically the same cut but a little high rise okay whatever

then i go to put them on and they are clearly fucking spandex, i look online, 2% spandex

WHAT THE FUCK UNIQLO

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

GODDAMMIT

the $60 now wasted on this and my poor fitting apcs for $150 and i couldve just gotten something much better, now i have to sell both of these

Lamel

Banned
what the FUCK

i had some great uniqlo slim jeans i bought on ebay in 2011 and they blew out on me and were done so i threw them out but the predistress and fit were great so i go online and there is nothing like them on ebay or the official site so whatever i order the next best thing in terms of the distress and color and i get them today, hold them up and yep its basically the same cut but a little high rise okay whatever

then i go to put them on and they are clearly fucking spandex, i look online, 2% spandex

WHAT THE FUCK UNIQLO

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

GODDAMMIT

the $60 now wasted on this and my poor fitting apcs for $150 and i couldve just gotten something much better, now i have to sell both of these

I mean you could return them.

giga

The fit on the problem shirts are fine, not too tight and not too loose either. The material is definitely the problem. While it is 100% cotton, it's too damn thick lol. I'll just put them aside for fall/winter where I need a thicker shirt to stay warm lol.

That's the first time I've seen a bamboo/cotton polo. Looks interesting, I might try it if I've got some extra cash.

Also, I went to my local Target... I asked them about the Merona shirts and they apparently don't stock them anymore. They have the single tees out, but the packaged tees are sold out. I ended up getting a Hanes Premium V-Neck, the cotton feels pretty thin and it's moisture wicking. Hopefully this'll work lol.
Target still sells them online.

Edit: Just checked and Uniqlo has their airism undershirts in stock: http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/men-airism-v-neck-short-sleeve-t-shirt/075514-72-005

Top Bottom