• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

So I've been thinking about something. Johnny is supposed to be a genome soldier right? At the end of mgs1 liquid tells solid snake that the genome soldiers are their brothers. Does this mean Johnny is snakes brother? He does look a bit like him.........
Or was this something that was explained in mgs4? Just started replaying the series so I'm being reminded of a lot of stuff haha.

Alrighty. Lets keep this moving!

What is your favorite boss battle and why?

And related, which is your least fav battle and why?

And BONUS! Who do you think has the lamest name and character of all MGS?

1) The End -- it's the go-to answer, but there's a reason for that. it was so unique and innovative, and it felt like the first MGS boss battle that really went he extra mile to make stealthing around a priority. other prior mgs boss battles dabbled (Rex for example), but didn't quite nail it. this did.

2) Fortune -- Sort of a waste of a boss battle given that you can't attack at all, you're just dodging for a certain period of time. They could have made up for this by throwing in a later boss battle where you're tasked with figuring out how to attack her or disable her. or perhaps even just sneak by her...something sorely lacking in MGS boss battles.

Bonus) Lamest character? Johnny. I'm not a huge fan of poop humor. It was okay in MGS1, but they went way too far with it in 4, and there was no reason to make him be part of part of rat patrol and meryl's eventual love interest. it was pure fan service, and could have easily been a better and more fleshed out character.

Lamest name? All of the beauty and the best bosses. Just rather lazy to fallback on referencing those names. Too much shadow moses call-backs as a whole in 4. I liked going back there, but we really didn't need more MGS1 callbacks, references and rehashes after MGS2 purposely does it already.

brau

Wow... i really do appreciate all the answers you guys are giving, as well as the insight you bring with your opinion. Some things i had not really considered. So awesome stuff.

LETS KEEP MOVING!

What would you say is the cheesiest moment in MGS? That sounds pretty hard hahaa so many moments.

But tag with What is the cringiest scene in MGS?

Also... what is your fav worst line or lines of dialogue in MGS.

Wow... i really do appreciate all the answers you guys are giving, as well as the insight you bring with your opinion. Some things i had not really considered. So awesome stuff.

LETS KEEP MOVING!

What would you say is the cheesiest moment in MGS? That sounds pretty hard hahaa so many moments.

Meeting Big Momma. I lost to exposition despite the convolution, but that was some of the worst dialog outside of the informative stuff. And Big Mama is the lamest name ever. That whole chapter until Liquid showed up was pretty much when I decided "this isn't good camp."

"Excellent speech my friend! Gift of the silver tongue. They say it's the mark of a good officer, and of a liar."

Oh sorry. Favorite WORST line of dialogue. That would be anything that anyone says in Rising. Rising should do as Dan Marino: die of gonnorea and rot in hell.

Rajang

Cringe and bad lines: MGS4: Raiden scene at the end of act 4, Johnny and Meryl scenes near the end of act 5, Raiden scene near the end of act 5.

MrS

Banned

The end of MGS with the cut-scene with Meryl. Corny as fuck and not in keeping with the awesome game you've just finished. MGS and Romance don't go together.

LETS KEEP MOVING!

the answer to all 3 is the scene's following EE's death. otacon's crying, the monologue, the music. atrocious, days of our lives-level melodrama.

MajorTom

I really hate everything Ocelot says and does in MGS3. Especially that stupid noise he makes. Really puts me off replaying the game :/

brau

Alright guys. Moment of truth.

Who do you guys consider to be the biggest MGS GAF fan in this thread?

Now.. listen, a lot of us are here with that in common. But i am not talking about a big sticker on your car, or the most posts. Just, the person you think brings the most interesting bits of info, and help with clarifying MGS and overall THE BIGGEST FAN!

BONUS: of people taht you like in Outergaf that you recognize, who do you envision them as in MGS? Who would they be?

LETS DO THIS!

MajorTom

The end of MGS with the cut-scene with Meryl. Corny as fuck and not in keeping with the awesome game you've just finished. MGS and Romance don't go together.
Worst dialogue and you get the worst item. The bandana is pretty useless to me. I always submit to Ocelot's torture so that I don't have to deal with that ending.

LETS KEEP MOVING!

Codec talk in MGS3 about glowing mushrooms can recharge batteries.

Can I say whole MGS4? But the worst part is when Johnny is making proposal to Meryl..

Can't answer right now. Too many good lines.

COME ON, LET'S ENJOY LIFE!

maxresdefault.jpg

Now.. listen, a lot of us are here with that in common. But i am not talking about a big sticker on your car, or the most posts. Just, the person you think brings the most interesting bits of info, and help with clarifying MGS and overall THE BIGGEST FAN!

BONUS: of people taht you like in Outergaf that you recognize, who do you envision them as in MGS? Who would they be?

LETS DO THIS!

Snake_911

LETS DO THIS!

damn, shots fired at infinity patriot and jayEH

Vally

LETS DO THIS!

Sn4ku

Venom Fox

Banned

LETS DO THIS!
Sn4ke_911 have you seen the amount of MGS figures this guy has? It's wonderful! ;)

LETS DO THIS!

Naked Cipher and Venomous Batzi

Everyone is a genome soilder.

LETS DO THIS!

It is hard to tell, because there is no criteria for biggest fan. All who really enjoy Metal Gear series is equally big fans. Well maybe those who played ALL mgs games and replayed them all several times is a little bigger fans than others. But I don't know who played all games and who is not. Well I played and replayed them :p
But still all who enjoys MGS saga are our brothers and all are equal here.

LETS KEEP MOVING!

ELEVATORS BROKEN CAN YOU FIX IT

LETS DO THIS!

Honestly, out of all the character I probably identify with Sigint best.

Rean

LETS DO THIS!
RadioHammer

Venom Fox

Banned
What was your impression on the ladder scene in MGS3?
Did it annoy you?
Or did you like it?

Personally I liked the ladder scene because it conveyed a feeling that BB was on a war path but also very tired of all the fighting.

The music helped a lot with the feelings I felt.

brau

Ok guys. We are on the last stretch. I can see the setting sun, and Otacon and Snake are waiting for us. They look happy.

Describe OuterGAF and what it means to you. Lets reminisce a little bit, and reflect on what this thread mean to each one of us. Is it the info? is it the people? is it the understanding of MGS? is it the trending topic on Twitter? What brings you here, and what do you like? what do you hate?

Make this reply yours!

brau

Did it annoy you?
Or did you like it?

Personally I liked the ladder scene because it conveyed a feeling that BB was on a war path but also very tired of all the fighting.

I loved it.

Vally

Ok guys. We are on the last stretch. I can see the setting sun, and Otacon and Snake are waiting for us. They look happy.

Describe OuterGAF and what it means to you. Lets reminisce a little bit, and reflect on what this thread mean to each one of us. Is it the info? is it the people? is it the understanding of MGS? is it the trending topic on Twitter? What brings you here, and what do you like? what do you hate?

Make this reply yours!

The people <3

Did it annoy you?
Or did you like it?

I liked it and I like it every time I play MGS3.
But every time I see long ladders in other games I laugh and that scene from MGS3 always come in my mind.

MajorTom

Make this reply yours!
OuterGAF is more than a group of people, it is a community that I feel honoured to be a part of. In this thread alone we have had so many memorable moments - everyone using Batzi's avatar, the "argument" about guns ;) , CC's multiple returns etc.
I love you guys so much

MajorTom

And to add to my last post, I feel like I have made some great friends here, we mostly only know each other by our usernames but that's not what matters.

Venom Fox

Banned

Make this reply yours!

I lurked every MG related thread for a couple of years and always yearned for the day I got an account approved.
The atmosphere In the threads between those of you who post regularly about MG was something I really wanted to be apart of, it felt like everybody was best friends.

I love Metal Gear and everything about it, the story, the characters, the settings, the lore and wanted a place where I could discuss things with people who felt the same way I do about a series which has been in my life from being 5 years old.

There isn't anything I hate about OuterGaf!

MajorTom

I lurked every MG related thread for a couple of years and always yearned for the day I got an account approved.
The atmosphere In the threads between those of you who post regularly about MG was something I really wanted to be apart of, it felt like everybody was best friends.

I love Metal Gear and everything about it, the story, the characters, the settings, the lore and wanted a place where I could discuss things with people who felt the same way I do about a series which has been in my life from being 5 years old.

There isn't anything I hate about OuterGaf!
Perfect way of putting it :D

brau

I have to make a special honorable mention to Marcus. I might not reply to all his questions. But its always amusing and interesting to read whatever he is posting.

THANKS MARCUS! You are grand among peoples! yep. PEOPLES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom