• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

What changes do you think Konami will make to MGS post TPP?
Brand new story and characters?

Or maybe they'll reuse some of the existing characters, for example Raiden rescuing Sunny or who knows. Either way I'm sure it will be titled MGS6

MajorTom

Or maybe they'll reuse some of the existing characters, for example Raiden rescuing Sunny or who knows. Either way I'm sure it will be titled MGS6
I would love something like that. I've always wanted a game set between 2 and 4. Although a lot of it was already explained I think it would be great to play it. Wasn't rising supposed to be about saving Sunny before it got handed to platinum?

Vally

I would love something like that. I've always wanted a game set between 2 and 4. Although a lot of it was already explained I think it would be great to play it. Wasn't rising supposed to be about saving Sunny before it got handed to platinum?

I think that was the initial idea for Rising, yeah. I would have loved to see that too

MajorTom

I think that was the initial idea for Rising, yeah. I would have loved to see that too
I'm still a bit disappointed about what Rising became :/ it wasn't a bad game but the original seemed like it would have had a more interesting story.
Also certain parts of rising ended up too goofy for my liking. i seem to remember a part where Raiden wears a sombrero and a poncho and looks real stupid.

Vally

I'm still a bit disappointed about what Rising became :/ it wasn't a bad game but the original seemed like it would have had a more interesting story.
Also certain parts of rising ended up too goofy for my liking. i seem to remember a part where Raiden wears a sombrero and a poncho and looks real stupid.

I didn't mind Raiden wearing a poncho, that seemed on par with the silly things Kojima usually puts in his games imo. The final fight with Armstrong on the other hand, the goofiness was all over the place there lol (not that I'm complaining, I still loved it)

tumblr_mipa55ozRl1qc3nmao1_500.png

MajorTom

I didn't mind Raiden wearing a poncho, that seemed on par with the silly things Kojima usually puts in his games imo. The final fight with Armstrong on the other hand, the goofiness was all over the place there lol (not that I'm complaining, I still loved it)

tumblr_mipa55ozRl1qc3nmao1_500.png
That was so crazy haha, I wasn't quite sure if I was actually playing the game or if I was having some super weird dream lol.

COKE

Neo Member
What changes do you think Konami will make to MGS post TPP?
Brand new story and characters?

I´m with GreyOcelot. I guess they´ll do just a reboot. Same name.

A smart move, in my opinion would be a thrid person MGS with The Boss and the Cobra Unit in the II WW (which the obviously won´t do, since they´ve proven stupid)

Do not care if open world or more linear. Kicking nazis´ ass while getting to know better the origins of her legend would be so fucking awasome. Since there´s not too much information about that era (besides Ocelot being born) they won't be too restringed in terms of story.

Unfortunately it´s Konami we´re talking about, and even if they did it, they´ll probably fuck it up.

Lernaean

Banned
Have you guys seen this?

Hidden Message That Konami Would Remove Him From Silent Hills in P.T.

Likely just another silly theory, but it's a very interesting coincidence nonetheless.

Or the Save Intel Operative mission: Having to save Kojima. Why else would he put himself in the game? It can only mean that he needed saving... from Konami.

We can go even deeper: MGS2. Where the Patriots (Konami) are revealed. And forcing the player (Kojima) to follow their orders. Kojima showing the player that he will get the sack 14 years later.

(in YongYea's voice) And then the final nail in the coffin:

a110112-kojima-productions-entrainement-07-s.jpg

Shinkawa doing the sign.

3385870.gif

gRiiTTF.png

Mexen

14 more days to
my birthday

1+4= V.

V/XV/XV - mm/dd/yy

Yong's been getting awesome interview sessions lately! Good for him. Imagine the explosion the Metal Gear community would experience if Kojima were to say, "fuck it, I'll let Yong interview me as well!"

14 more days to
my birthday

1+4= V.

V/XV/XV - mm/dd/yy

Yong's been getting awesome interview sessions lately! Good for him. Imagine the explosion the Metal Gear community would experience if Kojima were to say, "fuck it, I'll let Yong interview me as well!"

There will be a lot of salt from this thread. That is for damn sure.

brau

14 more days to
my birthday

1+4= V.

V/XV/XV - mm/dd/yy

When the time comes. I'll pull the trigger.

Would Konami stick to the Kojima/Murata universe? I know it would be a stealth game (hopefully) but is this the end of Snakes as we know them?

yes. main character named snake, possibly big boss as a villain, everything else is open season. at least that's how i'd do it

KorrZ

Having a really hard time getting into Peace Walker. It's been about 3 weeks since I've played it, constantly reminding myself "oh, I should play more of that..." stark contrast to how fast I blasted through 1-4.

I just think this game really suffers from having been on PSP :( The levels are super small and cramped, the trademark attention to detail doesn't really shine as it usually does since the hardware didn't really allow them to do better. The moveset is more limited. The animated cutscenes are kind of cool but I miss the fully rendered ones.

bXtd33o.jpg

I've had a dumb Metal Gear joke in my head for a long time. Shalashaska sounds like Shakalaka. So I've always thought of Ocelot slam dunking a ball NBA Jam style. I asked Brau to make it for me! He exceeded expectations. Thank you, man! I really appreciate it.

I think Lerny might be the eldest.

I thought Brau was a little bit older than Lerny.

One can hope. Welcome back Brudder.

Thanks!

I've had a dumb Metal Gear joke in my head for a long time. Shalashaska sounds like Shakalaka. So I've always thought of Ocelot slam dunking a ball NBA Jam style. I asked Brau to make it for me! He exceeded expectations. Thank you, man! I really appreciate it.

Brau #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom