• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Mann (MAJOR UNLOCKING SPOILERS)
It looks like you can use infinite ripper mode wig and get S ranks in revengeance difficulty :(((

Disappointing but not surprised

There's still the VR missions at least

Robot Pants

Regarding unlockables and achievements
The wigs don't lock the achievements? I would assume it would. If anything the clear screen should denote which wigs the user is wearing. (and should be viewable by people on the leaderboards. Frauds need to be exposed nah mean?)
Overall though, the unlockables sound awesome

Sgblues

Ok so far for anyone who has both copies, has any system problems come up yet? Or has it been smooth sailing on both systems?

Robot Pants

south_park_i_just_came.jpg

SO GOOD.....

EXACTLY!
Reading that gave me a boner. Flashes of NGB.
Hype is just through the roof now.

Robot Pants

So, I don't know if it's been covered in trailers but:
Wooden Sword:
Do weapons have different areas to upgrade? You mentioned the woodensword has power DOWNgrade, but when you upgrade it it's percentage to vanish goes up.
So my question is, are the two upgrades tied together? Meaning as the power goes down, the vanish rate goes up? Or are there two separate paths when you upgrade the sword?

Carbonox

From the stream I saw earlier I couldn't stop laughing at a particular line Raiden says early in the game before he becomes Black Raiden...

Sam chops his arm off in a badass way on the train, Raiden looks at his stump and comes out with "Not again!" (obviously referring to losing his limbs in MGS4)

Dahbomb

Spoilers pertaining to modes and unlockables:
Can't wait for full Revengeance difficulty and Wooden sword run through. Reminds me of knife/pistol only RE4 walkthrough on Pro.

Although the vanish mechanic is lame as fuck.

dan2026

When Monsoon is screaming about magnetic power, all I can think of is;

'X-men! Welcome to die!'

Watched the stream for a couple of minutes, but what the hell happened to Raiden? Gone complete mental? Not overly impressed with the bossfight, draging out far to long (maybe something to do with the difficultysetting).

He's playing on the hardest? difficulty I think.
Bosses have a load more health.

Ristlager

Watched the stream for a couple of minutes, but what the hell happened to Raiden? Gone complete mental? Not overly impressed with the bossfight, draging out far to long (maybe something to do with the difficultysetting).

Marlowe89

Have finished it, but did not remember him being like that. My spotty memory remembers him as a humane cyborg, not a "deactivate pain modules, cause pain is my life" kinda guy.

Yeah, I've always been under the impression that his "quest for vengeance" against Desperado (or something) gave rise to his Jack the Ripper side.

joe2187

Banned
You mean the game where at the end he
comes to terms with who he is and goes make to his family to be a good father?

Yes I do remember that...

I dont know all the details of the story in Rising, going from the demo prologue seems like he's just really pissed.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who doesn't remember that at all in MGS2. When I first saw it brought up a while back I was all 'wait... wut?'.

I really don't remember much of MGS2. Especially no ninja. I just remember Raiden getting the HF sword and using the analogue to slice stuff while snake taps his bandana.

I only remember Olga from the Tanker but nowt to do with her after that.
Not sure if you got your answer but Olga was tasked with aiding Raiden through his mission for if Raiden died, her child died. She was disguised as a cyborg ninja to lend to the theatrics of the Solid Snake Simulation... Snake had Grey Fox aiding him at Shadow Moses afterall.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sony 20th Event, this incoming Platinum game, listening to the soundtrack samples nonstop have all put me into a constant state of hype.
I can't control it.

so, since I won't play this til christmas(it's my sister's christmas present), can someone tell me who the final boss is? I'm kinda curious to be honest.

Sony 20th Event, this incoming Platinum game, listening to the soundtrack samples nonstop have all put me into a constant state of hype.

I can't control it.

When the wind is cold, and the fire's hot
The vulture waits to see what rots
Oh, how pretty; all the scenery
This is nature's sacrifice
When the echoes bloom with a brisk attack
The reptile's tail gets ripped from its back
When the sun sets, we will not forget
This red sun over paradise~

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
the idea that Donte speaks in comic sans is perhaps funnier to me that it should be, especially when its probably not intentional.

When the wind is cold, and the fire's hot
The vulture waits to see what rots
Oh, how pretty; all the scenery
This is nature's sacrifice
When the echoes bloom with a brisk attack
The reptile's tail gets ripped from its back
When the sun sets, we will not forget
This red sun over paradise~

I saved the 1-min samples of Nature and Hot Wind to my hdd. DON'T YOU DO THIS TO ME.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone know yet how many VR missions are in the base game? Only thing I don't mind spoiling for myself.

medze

Well the dialogue so far has been atrocious and after only about two levels in, there have been about 15 eye rolling moments. But that didn't bother me, my main interest in this game was the combat, and while the combat was kinda fun at first, it seemed to get stale very quickly. The gameplay feels... I dont know... lacking in comparison to other Platinum titles.

I feel like I'm missing something

Robot Pants

Well the dialogue so far has been atrocious and after only about two levels in, there have been about 15 eye rolling moments. But that didn't bother me, my main interest in this game was the combat, and while the combat was kinda fun at first, it seemed to get stale very quickly. The gameplay feels... I dont know... lacking in comparison to other Platinum titles.

Are you playing on Hard?

L.O.R.D

after the 3rd level every thing will change
you will unlock new moves and upgrades

Top Bottom