• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

If it's not my GOTY (seems impossible to top now though), this will be my OT OTY.

Excellent work. Worthy of how awesome the game should be.

Here's my dilemma. I fucking love MGS to death. It is my all time favourite games series. However I'm not really down with action games. I didn't enjoy DMC4, Bayonetta and found Vanquish just to be OK. I really don't know whether this will be my thing, what do you guys think?

(No I can't download the demo, wifi card in my PS3 is suuuuuper slow)

Honestly, I think if you've ever wanted to play as a cyborg ninja from any MGS, you owe it to yourself to rent this at least.

Yeah, I don't get how so many MGS fans aren't stoked to play a game based around a cyborg fucking ninja. Especially after the years seeing how so many have had a hard-on for Grey-Fox. Hell, Konami and co were smart enough to throw in a god damn Grey-Fox skin for Christ sakes!

Boggles my mind that some MGS fans are reluctant or straight up not giving this game a chance.

Somehow I think those fans would be supporting this if it was a Grey Fox game, but Kojima had passed it onto Ninja Theory, and the demo was considered awful for action standards. It's just perception.

I can understand the shock of watching it go from a fully KP game to that showing in 2011; even I had doubts, which got erased by the E3 2012 trailer where they finally showed the Zandatsu. They might come around once word of mouth gets to them, or they'll just ignore it due to not liking PG style or whatever. All I know is, if they can give Acid a try, they can stand another spinoff (that's cannon but barely affects the MG lore they love so much).

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah, I don't get how so many MGS fans aren't stoked to play a game based around a cyborg fucking ninja. Especially after the years seeing how so many have had a hard-on for Grey-Fox. Hell, Konami and co were smart enough to throw in a god damn Grey-Fox skin for Christ sakes!

Boggles my mind that some MGS fans are reluctant or straight up not giving this game a chance.

I don't know how anyone who likes video games would not want to play something where you play as super-powered cyborg ninja who rips out the spines of other cyborgs, and thats not the only thing going for it.

Really?

Veelk

Banned
I can understand how someone might consider the over-the-topness to be out of tone with the rest of the franchise and be against it for that reason....except Raiden stopped a billion ton battleship in MGS4, so it's more like MGR just dropped the pretense.

I can understand how someone might consider the over-the-topness to be out of tone with the rest of the franchise and be against it for that reason....except Raiden stopped a billion ton battleship in MGS4, so it's more like MGR just dropped the pretense.

rule of cool

Can't wait for that tactical slicing action! I preordered from Amazon.jp, which gives me the Cyborg Ninja DLC. I'm fairly sure that the Japan version will be dual language since my Japanese copies of Bayonetta, Max Anarchy, and Vanquish (which I got for only ¥900!) had full English. Doesn't really matter though, Raiden's JP voice actor sounds cool.

I suck at action games. That's not to say I won't give this game a chance, but I'm not as excited for it as I was for MGS4.

Monocle

The old CUT CUT CUT trailer put this game on my radar, but it took the demo and the recent media storm to really bring home that this is an action game from Platinum. As in, the makers of Bayonetta, action game of the generation. A new action game from Platinum, and it's almost here.

Sorry guys, I can't hear you over all this HYPE!

Akainu

Somehow I think those fans would be supporting this if it was a Grey Fox game, but Kojima had passed it onto Ninja Theory, and the demo was considered awful for action standards. It's just perception.
Not me. I like Raiden just fine. Well liked.
notlikethis3rxq.gif

"EB Games/GameStop: Grey Fox skin (note: included in all European retail copies), Fox Blade and art book"

not true, in Finland they offer the Inferno Armor in some stores.

winstano

So hyped. Getting my copy this week from ShopTo, and a ton of free promo stuff for a "party" on Saturday. If I take the best pics & vids from all of the people who are taking part, I'll get to go and meet Kojima! :D

The big question still remains though... Do I pre-order the LE as well as the standard edition? Especially given that it's a Zavvi exclusive and their price fell like a stone on the MGS HD collection special edition...

Akainu, I'm really curious. What ARE you looking forward to in this game? I've seen you talk about the MGS series in-general, MGR, and the most positive things I can remember you saying is parts of the game you don't hate.

Do you even plan on trying the full release out?

Gambit

I don't get how anyone wouldn't want to play this, period.

Simple. Metal Gear 4 marked a nice end-point to the series for me. And the demo was not good.

Of course, once enough people in here say that the game is indeed awesome I will reconsider.

For now, I am happy to wait.

rvy

Banned
Simple. Metal Gear 4 marked a nice end-point to the series for me. And the demo was not good.

Of course, once enough people in here say that the game is indeed awesome I will reconsider.

For now, I am happy to wait.

So, not interested in Ground Zeroes?

rvy

Banned
nope, not yet. Actually a lot less interested than in Revengeance

Can't blame you seeing as you found MGS 4 a fitting end for the series.

Kenji-Saito.jpg

Let's go mini Kamiya, time to step up and become one of my favorite game designers.

WickedlNl

Banned
Got my limited edition with the Play Arts figure preordered for some time now... Can't wait!

Do you know the exact date the PlayArts figure comes out? It says everywhere late Feb only. I started my collection of playarts MGS figures but already hit a wall lol. The original Snake and Gray fox are outsold in 99% online stores but ofcourse ebay is selling them for $200 each instead of the original $60 :/ At least I got my Solidus Snake \m/

rvy

Banned
Heh, I had no idea that you could stealth kill through the entire section with the 2 Gekkos in the demo. Neat.

wanders

I never knew they did. If it helps, hoodies and shirts will soon be available from UNIQLO stores. At least that's what Google translate tells me.

Soon or already released? I read they were released on the 21 of December at another site. I really wanna pick up a few shirts.

Anyone been to the one in SF recently? Any Metal Gear related clothes?

Top Bottom