• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Uiki

There are a few videos of the same area, just not demo-ifed.

One of the differences I saw was that the enemy was able to parry your parry while you parried his parry.

tumblr_mbecppsuR21rzhh46o1_500.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bayonetta is actually the game that conditioned me to NEVER put the controller down during cutscenes. Broke me out of those MGS4 habits.

You never know when a new enemy is gonna show up and attack you out of one. Be on guard AT ALL TIMES lol

Kamiya loves doing this.
I still have memories of this guy
Shadow.jpg

and every other enemy from that game

Anyone here in Canada who pre-ordered from EB Games/Gamestop? I didn't know about the bonuses and they didn't tell me, and there's nothing on my receipt about it, so am I even getting them?

Akainu

If you're like me and will play it partly out of being a MG game, I hope you get some enjoyment out of it. Otherwise, I hope you're not playing it just to tally up what you already know you don't like about it.
Of course not. I'll just mindlessly play through it like most action games.

Raiden fights again after vowing to never fight again. Raiden fights to ensure that Sunny never sees combat like he did as a child, then has her helping him out.

The whole MGS story arc was already damaged by MGS4, but Revengeance pushes it towards the depths of complete and utter idiocy... At least from what we know so far. Doubt it'll change, though.

yeah not asking about rising, i'm wondering what mgs4 actually did to ruin canon.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Raiden has nothing to do with why Sunny is wherever she is when they meet

yeah not asking about rising, i'm wondering what mgs4 actually did to ruin canon.

All it did was tie up all of the loose ends kojima left in previous Metal Gears. Some of the explanations in my opinion were messy. The real travesty with MGS4 isn't the story or gameplay, but the chapter 5 minute installs. Killed the replay value for me.

Endo Punk

I hate that parry gif. It shouldn't be automatic like that. I hope you can disable it somehow but I doubt it.

I don't believe its automatic. You have to time it just right otherwise Raiden just blocks, that gif shows what happens if you do perfect timed parrying against that foe who parrys back. I'm sure you can evade just before he attacks as well, like you can in the demo.

NIN90

So wasn't the Sunny thing considered a spoiler? She was that returning character from the Famitsu reveal, right? That news with the big thread with a clear spoiler warning in the title, which I avoided?

Well thanks for that I guess.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Get hype. The controls in the OP aren't the ones I will be using. Type C is default and on PS3 at least, Type B is better.

What is better about B?

So wasn't the Sunny thing considered a spoiler? She was that returning character from the Famitsu reveal, right?

Well thanks for that I guess.

ehhh

I think it's fair game if it's been shown by in the promotion material

Nothing to stop people from making avatars of her

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Zandatsu is on left stick instead of right, Sprint is R2 and lock on is R1.

ah. Not for me then

I tried that and the transition from free movement to blade mode felt even more unnatural.

I do kind of wish I could put blade mode and lock on on the triggers though

With sprint and AR mode on the bumpers

Akainu

I don't believe its automatic. You have to time it just right otherwise Raiden just blocks, that gif shows what happens if you do perfect timed parrying against that foe who parrys back. I'm sure you can evade just before he attacks as well, like you can in the demo.

That attack after the perfect parry is automatic. Sure there are ways to get out of it but it shouldn't happen in the first place is what I'm saying.

Endo Punk

That attack after the perfect parry is automatic. Sure there are ways to get out of it but it shouldn't happen in the first place is what I'm saying.

oh so you don't like the fact the cyborg parrys back? haha deal with it. I'm ready for a goddamn challange. Demo was far too easy.

Nanomachines have been in the Solid series since the very beginning.

What do you think FoxDie is?

And why are we complaining about the parry system when you have options? Of course the enemy might attack right after, or parry your attack right after. Use the many tools to get out of it.

geebee

Banned
The wait for this game is tough! I loved the demo.. I haven't played a demo that many times since probably the PS1 era.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

What you're saying makes no sense though. The whole point of going for a "perfect parry" is that you want that counter attack. So I don't get the problem you have with the attack coming out automatically. If you don't want it to come out you can just block regularly. There'd be no point at all to a perfect parry if the follow up attack was a command. It'd be a completely different type of system

This is what happens when you just block that enemy

He gets staggered after blocking the 4 hits regularly. Instead if being put into an execution state

Top Bottom