• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Teaser - 'Make It Right'

Seriously.. I love it! Then again, after MGS 4, fans should be used to getting trolled.

edit: EGM got Raiden's severed arm?..

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/konami-sends-us-a-gift-raidens-severed-arm/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...9-s-arm-is-now-in-our-office.aspx?PageIndex=1

Game Informer have it to.

noy99.jpg

WcZdP.jpg

The arm has a USB drive attached to it, with these on it:

Sojgat

Well hopefully Raiden gets his arm replaced with Ocelot's severed one from MGS1, then this game would be the perfect amount of crazy.

MechaX

Ugh at PG making a big deal about one of their storylines again. Just forget it man.

They are kinda between a rock and a hard place with the MGS fans. If they don't emphasize the story enough, the game will be discredited as "not MGS enough." If they overdo it, it will be regarded as "too cheesy."

SamuraiX-

dat pic of liberia

Seems like we're gonna be getting flashbacks into Raiden's past when he fought as a child soldier under Solidus during the Liberian Civil War. HYPE

MGR is PG game through and through, they changed the story of the original project as they saw fit.

Which confuses me.

Did KojiPro not even have a storyline thought of during the tech demo/watermelon cutting phase of the game's development?

Wouldn't a collaboration between the storytelling of the previous MGS games with the good gameplay Platinum provides be more ideal?

SamuraiX-

Which confuses me.

Did KojiPro not even have a storyline thought of during the tech demo/watermelon cutting phase of the game's development?

Wouldn't a collaboration between the storytelling of the previous MGS games with the good gameplay Platinum provides be more ideal?

Well, PG and KojiPro are basically codeveloping the game now to my understanding. Obviously the gameplay component is being handled more directly by PG and KojiPro ideally should be overseeing the majority of the story elements.

Which confuses me.

The original Rising's storyline was completely finished. But when Platinum came on board they wanted more freedom instead of having to make a game book ended by MGS2 and 4, so they had the writer from Kojima Productions (Etsu Tamari) write a new one. By setting it years after 4, a time completely unexplored, Platinum can do whatever crazy shit they want.

BadWolf

The original Rising's storyline was completely finished. But when Platinum came on board they wanted more freedom instead of having to make a game book ended by MGS2 and 4, so they had the writer from Kojima Productions (Etsu Tamari) write a new one. By setting it years after 4, a time completely unexplored, Platinum can do whatever crazy shit they want.

Yup and KojiPro is still handling all the story and cutscene bits iirc.

Top Bottom