• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD coming to Playstation Vita

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
With KojiPro going back to the recording studio do you think this will be an exact port of the current HD Edition? I think not.

Probably just rerecording like the X360 version. It'll probably use touch controls so they'll probably reflect that in the dialogue

thechemist

All they're probably doing is recording stuff for Vita specific controls. They did the same thing for the 360/PS3 version, also for Snake Eater 3D. I imagine the Vita versions of the games will use the touchscreen for inventory stuff.

If someone could translate the script in the photo we might know a little more.

That will solve the r2/l2 issue easily.

Just FYI, Peace Walker HD for Vita was never announced. I don't think it will be either, you can already play the PSN PSP version on Vita just fine. Though 60 fps and smoothed visuals would be nice. They also gave away a free code for the PSN version with Peace Walker HD in Japan, so it's possible they will do the same with English copies of MGS HD Vita.

s4Lyn.jpg

大塚明夫さん登場。まずはMGS2のプリスキンから。痺れる。スネーーーーーーーク

Another pic from Kojima. Akio Otsuka has been recording lines too.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Oh man, MGS HD Collection is out here this coming Friday but now I am tempted to wait for the Vita version instead. I wonder if there will be any connectivita between them both?

Also, I wonder if this new tech has given Hideo Kojima some new ideas for another Snake game, or perhaps another IP?

Eusis

Why is Peace Walker not in this package?
Not there in the Japanese console HD collection, and can be bought over PSN anyway.

I wonder how well they'll fit though, given Vita cards are sub-DVD in size and these games were full sized DVD games. Better compression technologies used? Or will these be debuting bigger Vita carts?

duckroll

I wonder how well they'll fit though, given Vita cards are sub-DVD in size and these games were full sized DVD games. Better compression technologies used? Or will these be debuting bigger Vita carts?

That's a good question. I'm not really confident that they can fit the MGS HD Collection on a single 4gig Vita card...

funny how everyone is drooling over a title screen !! OLED is insane I know but I will hold judgment until I see some gameplay footage ,,,,Kojima trololol'ed me with that " 3D naked sample" thingy ಠ_ಠ

Ingram

Kinda weird Kojima posts a screen shot showing MGS3 highlighted, then MGS2 highlighted. Really only needed the one.

But what if there's another picture coming soon.

What if...

I wish :(

duckroll

ZOE HD is going to look insane on PSV.

If they put in a good amount of effort into it, yes. The main problem with ZoE2 on emulators is that the overlays and effects are pretty low resolution, so when the game is rendered at a higher resolution, there's a mix of great looking visuals and totally weird ugly pixelated transparency effects.

Kinda weird Kojima posts a screen shot showing MGS3 highlighted, then MGS2 highlighted. Really only needed the one.

But what if there's another picture coming soon.

What if...

I wish :(

I think it has to do with what script he was showing. The first had lines for Sigint, the second had lines for... Akio Otsuka? He was mentioned in the tweet.

Would be nice to get a translation of the dialogue in the scripts.

Piggus

funny how everyone is drooling over a title screen !! OLED is insane I know but I will hold judgment until I see some gameplay footage ,,,,Kojima trololol'ed me with that " 3D naked sample" thingy ಠ_ಠ

Considering that a year ago Kojima showed off an MGS4 cutscene running on PSV, I don't think visuals will be an issue here.

Eusis

That's a good question. I'm not really confident that they can fit the MGS HD Collection on a single 4gig Vita card...
I had been kind of suspecting they'd just ship it on two cards, but those screens rule that out. Although, the 360 version IS one disc (well, for MGS2 & 3), so I guess I'd have to see how big the install for that is.

EDIT: 7.5 GB. Well, I guess either there'll be some serious compressing going on, or we'll be seeing the first jump in Vita card size. And if it's the former, well, I'd definitely be waiting on 64 GB cards to take any idea of going full digital seriously!

Still depressed that this isn't coming with Peace Walker even though yeah, we already knew it would. One of my all time favorite portable games.

At this point, I think I'll stick with my PS3 copy and keep an eye on MGS3DS

duckroll

I had been kind of suspecting they'd just ship it on two cards, but those screens rule that out. Although, the 360 version IS one disc (well, for MGS2 & 3), so I guess I'd have to see how big the install for that is.

EDIT: 7.5 GB. Well, I guess either there'll be some serious compressing going on, or we'll be seeing the first jump in Vita card size. And if it's the former, well, I'd definitely be waiting on 64 GB cards to take any idea of going full digital seriously!

Is that 7.5gig for the 360 US Collection or the JP one? Someone should check the JP 360 Collection since that's MGS2+3 without PW.

Luigiv

Yeah, particularly given MGS3D will take up a 4GB cart by itself. Either the games have been compressed to hell and back or 8GB carts have come earlier then I've expected.

btkadams

Yeah, particularly given MGS3D will take up a 4GB cart by itself. Either the games have been compressed to hell and back or 8GB carts have come earlier then I've expected.

do we even know when the hd pack is coming though? it could still be far away from a release (though i don't see why).

Is that 7.5gig for the 360 US Collection or the JP one? Someone should check the JP 360 Collection since that's MGS2+3 without PW.

Peace Walker HD is on a separate disc in the US/EU 360 collection. So the install sizes should be the same.

Suzzopher said:
Do we know if this is from Blue Point too?

Probably. It just seems to be a port of the PS3 version of the collection. Even if Kojima Productions were porting it to Vita internally Blue Point would still get credit since they did the work initially.

Mr Swine

Banned
Do we really need to call them HD when the Vita cannot render games at HD resolution?

I really hope the games are rendered at 60fps :)

Liamario

Banned
Do we really need to call them HD when the Vita cannot render games at HD resolution?

I really hope the games are rendered at 60fps :)

Was thinking the exact same thing. I would be surprised if they ran at 60fps as well, even with the decrease in resolution.

I just got the PS3 version on saturday and was amazed at how well MGS3 looks in HD and the framerate does wonders as well!

/XX/

Where'd Kojima's iPhone case come from?
The iphone case with the old Foxhound logo is sex. I'd totally buy one.
Those CREATIVE STAGE, Inc. designs are available at the Japanese KONAMI STYLE website:

MGS iPhoneケース スネークタイプ シルバー : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71604/MGS-iPhoneケース-スネークタイプ-シルバー

MGS iPhoneケース スネークタイプ ブラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71605/MGS-iPhoneケース-スネークタイプ-ブラック

MGS iPhoneケース FOXHOUNDタイプ シルバー : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71606/MGS-iPhoneケース-FOXHOUNDタイプ-シルバー

MGS iPhoneケース FOXHOUNDタイプ ブラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71607/MGS-iPhoneケース-FOXHOUNDタイプ-ブラック

Blablurn

Those CREATIVE STAGE, Inc. designs are available at the Japanese KONAMI STYLE website:

MGS iPhoneケース スネークタイプ シルバー : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71604/MGS-iPhoneケース-スネークタイプ-シルバー

MGS iPhoneケース スネークタイプ ブラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71605/MGS-iPhoneケース-スネークタイプ-ブラック

MGS iPhoneケース FOXHOUNDタイプ シルバー : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71606/MGS-iPhoneケース-FOXHOUNDタイプ-シルバー

MGS iPhoneケース FOXHOUNDタイプ ブラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(KONAMI STYLE)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/71607/MGS-iPhoneケース-FOXHOUNDタイプ-ブラック

dat price

Kuran

Banned
I'm so, so disappointed!

I wanted Peace Walker HD the most of all... -_-;

Would still buy it for a price though.

Top Bottom