• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD coming to Playstation Vita

*Stares at personal Metal Gear Solid collection*

Do I really need a 4th edition of MGS2 and a 5th edition of MGS3.

*looks at vita OLED display of title screen*

Yes, apparently, yes I do.

MightyKAC

Hey guys.

d5r0f.jpg

From Kojima's Twitter. The paper in the photo seems to be a script for new Vita-specific dialogue.

raccoon-cage-fence-do-want-1301677106K.jpg

Apath

I'm not sure which I'm looking forwards to more: this or the ZOE collection.
Yeah, missing Peace Walker is a bummer. That's the one I most want to play up-res'd, with actually good coop this time.
I'll settle for the PSP version upscaled on the Vita's OLED screen with dual analogue support :D

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So when is the 3D patch announcement for the PS3 collection? A bit after Snake Eater 3ds releases?

lol at MGS3d for the 3ds (need to add ghost babe l) .

Add this to maybe buy when get vita.

If MGS3D ran at a consistent frame rate it would be the best version of MGS3.

Even with the FPS problems MGS3D will still play better than MGS3 HD on the Vita. Well, as long as you have the Circle Pad Pro I suppose.

Yeah, missing Peace Walker is a bummer. That's the one I most want to play up-res'd, with actually good coop this time.

Seeing as the PS3 version of Peace Walker was sold separately in Japan, this isn't an indication of much. I somehow doubt they'd sell the Vita version outside Japan for the same price as the PS3/360 versions with only two thirds the content. So worse comes to worst, they'll probably just bundle a PSN code for the PSP version in.

RedSwirl

How come?

Apparently they went back and redid the controls for the 3DS version. Now it controls more like Peace Walker and MGS4. We know that the 3DS version will let Snake walk crouched which is kind of a game changer for MGS3. If all that turns out to be true, gameplay-wise 3D will be the definitive version of MGS3.

Happy I held off. Pretty sure I'm going to get every PS2 HD title on Vita instead of the PS3.
Too excited for ZOE on this thing as well.

The only thing that can save the 3DS version is if it does indeed have better controls. Crouch walk by itself is a game changer for MGS3.
Could it not be added to this version too?

RedSwirl

Could it not be added to this version too?

Doesn't seem like that's the aim. The HD game seems to be literally a Bluepoint conversion of the PS2 game with higher IQ and framerate with probably littie-to-no new assets whatsoever. The 3DS version on the other hand is Konami's own new adaptation with new controls, and even the base art assets are being improved somewhat.

Doesn't seem like that's the aim. The HD game seems to be literally a Bluepoint conversion of the PS2 game with higher IQ and framerate with probably littie-to-no new assets whatsoever. The 3DS version on the other hand is Konami's own new adaptation with new controls, and even the base art assets are being improved somewhat.
It'll be interesting to see what happens. If that is a 'new script' beneath that Vita, specifically for this version of the game, that the original poster mentioned I would imagine anything is possible. What's the consensus on the PS3 version, that's out now isn't it?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Apparently they went back and redid the controls for the 3DS version. Now it controls more like Peace Walker and MGS4. We know that the 3DS version will let Snake walk crouched which is kind of a game changer for MGS3. If all that turns out to be true, gameplay-wise 3D will be the definitive version of MGS3.

Hopefully it will play at a solid framerate.

Takao

Banned

With KojiPro going back to the recording studio do you think this will be an exact port of the current HD Edition? I think not.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So....sexy.

I haven't played MGS2 or 3 since they came out on PS2, and I skipped the HD collection. Getting those two on Vita would be awesome.

With KojiPro going back to the recording studio do you think this will be an exact port of the current HD Edition? I think not.

All they're probably doing is recording stuff for Vita specific controls. They did the same thing for the 360/PS3 version, also for Snake Eater 3D. I imagine the Vita versions of the games will use the touchscreen for inventory stuff.

If someone could translate the script in the photo we might know a little more.

Will the western release have Peace Walker included as well? Would be a bit odd without it as the PS3 version has all three games, and Kojima's supposed to be pimping the Transfaaaaring.

I'm failing to see how crouch walking is any kind of game changer. A neat addition sure but a minor one at best and nowhere near the value of the HD Collection.

Why is Peace Walker not in this package?

Because as I said above, Peace Walker was sold separately in Japan. We don't know what they'll do for the western release yet but at the very least I'd expect them to include a PSN code for the PSP version.

Top Bottom