• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Coming to PC September 15th

The PC version of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will release on September 15, 2015 - two weeks after the game's console launch on September 1, Konami has announced.

Available via Steam for £59.99, the PC release will include all of the digital content included with The Phantom Pain's Day 1 Edition, including an Adam-ska Special Handgun, Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver), Cardboard Box (Wetland), Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume) and a Metal Gear Online XP Boost.

Konami has yet to announce further details on the PC version of The Phantom Pain.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain_isnt_coming_to_pc_until_two_weeks_after_console.html

dat two week gap

tumblr_mlerqwlLne1qig1kfo1_400.gif

Disappointing, but I can wait two weeks.

The real question is will PC be getting the collector's edition.

edit: man that 60 quid price tag is a bit steep though

Nzyme32

Far better than I was expecting. Thought it would be next year or something.

Here is hoping for Steam Workshop support at some point, even if it is after launch. They seem to be amused by the modding community at least :p

2 weeks? I'm actually pretty impressed. Yeah I'm sad it's not day one for us PCers.... but heck that's a ton better than I was expecting.

derExperte

second class citizen status continues

where two week delays on games releasing six months from now are cheered

Why not? A year ago you'd get banned for openly entertaining the possibility of a new PC MGS. We've come a long way and two weeks is nothing.

Montresor

dat two week gap

tumblr_mlerqwlLne1qig1kfo1_400.gif

That made my day too when I learned of this. I'm swelling with pride at the thought of playing Phantom Pain two weeks earlier than PC folks. Typically my line of thought is: It's not enough for me to enjoy myself; others below me must suffer too.

Exodist

That price is fucking insane, holy shit. I don't want that digital collectors edition content, and why does it cost an extra £20?

And the reason for not releasing the same day is..?

Please don't say optimization.

Piracy on PC no doubt

If someone owns a Xbox one or ps4 and a PC, they will be tempted to just download it on PC

That 2 week gap with a huge marketing push will make people cough up the dough :)

2 weeks isn't much in the great scheme of things. Main thing is that it doesn't get pushed back by a few months closer to launch. Also, fingers crossed it runs as well as Ground Zeroes (on consoles too, the 60fps was extremely welcome)

At £59.99, I'm guessing it'll be €69.99 for eurozone. I don't think I've ever seen a game go for that much on Steam. Even Call of Duty is €59.99 at launch, isn't it?

Piracy on PC no doubt

If someone owns a Xbox one or ps4 and a PC, they will be tempted to just download it on PC

That 2 week gap with a huge marketing push will make people cough up the dough :)
The game is also coming on PS3 and X360 as well so if someone really wants to pirate it they can still do so and play the game on it. Obviously it won't be the same as the current gen versions but there's that.

Top Bottom