• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Coming to PC September 15th

I know a lot of people who will wait those 2 weeks just to play piracy version on PC

But others are saying FU*#$ it! Will buy on PS4

So perhaps this tactic will work

You're missing another group of people who are saying why bother buying new gen consoles version or waiting 2 weeks to pirate PC version if I can just pirate PS3/XB360 version which will also be released at September 1st?

Mifec

You're missing another group of people who are saying why bother buying new gen consoles version or waiting 2 weeks to pirate PC version if I can just pirate PS3/XB360 version which will also be released at September 1st?

More like 7-10 days before that, so watch out for spoilers in that time period.

UnrealEck

Good point.
Console piracy is always conveniently swept under the rug. (not saying the guy you replied to was doing that though, but it is a good point)

BadWolf

Do you guys think PP will have the same system requirements as Ground Zeroes?

My PC can run GZ on low settings so wondering if PP will run too.

RK9039

I hope you PC bros are looking out for some GMG deals.

There are better deals out there than GMG :D

I was planning on getting it directly from Steam but not for £59.99. That price alone is what I'd normally pay for Collector's Edition for some games.

Is not that i forgot about those, but ouch, i played ground zeroes on a x360 and it was a dreadful experience...

Corpsepyre

Banned
Glorious news! Was expecting this to come out atleast a year apart. I can't wait!!!!!! What a day for Metal Gear news!

Price is ridiculous, and I can't imagine how they justify the delay. Spoilers are going to be everywhere the moment the game comes out; PC-only people are going to have to go full Amish for two weeks.

Feeling good about my plan to get the PS4 version day one and double dip on the PC version a few Steam sales down the line right now.
I think that's what I'll do as well. PC for future mods (if they are possible) and longevity, and PS4 to get the traditional MGS console experience. Plus I don't really want to wait two weeks to play it when I'll be off the entire week of release.

Rockstar take notes

I'd say to be careful about saying that. Who knows, they could end up delaying it an extra few months right before September as a fuck you to PC gamers. Been seeing that happen quite a bit recently.

I find it surprisingly easy to avoid. I've managed to do it with GTA V so far, so I'm sure I'll be fine waiting for the price to drop away from the ridiculous £60 it is currently at

Eh, GTA doesn't place anywhere near as much emphasis on plot twists as MGS, so it's gonna he hard to avoid dickheads posting spoilers over the internet without warning.

Nzyme32

Eh, GTA doesn't place anywhere near as much emphasis on plot twists as MGS, so it's gonna he hard to avoid dickheads posting spoilers over the internet without warning.

Whoa spoiler alert :p

Yeah may have to leave GAF on this one, but I don't intend to get the game for a few months. So that is going to be much more difficult

UnrealEck

Avoiding spoilers is gonna be like navigating a minefield.

I've had a few things spoiled from a couple of games recently just from browsing YouTube. People who are popular, have hundreds of thousands of subscribers (me not being one of them) and yet still put spoilers in the video titles and thumbnails. It's infuriating.

i want to play MGSV on PC but i cant wait for 2 freaking weeks....
damn if its 2 months the decision will be much easier....... ughhhhhhh!!!!

baterism

Won't say I'm surprised. 2 weeks is annoying but not too shabby.

Release gap to avoid piracy is plain ridiculous though. Pirate is cheap enough to not buying a game, do you think they will buy a console and the game to just to play 2 weeks earlier?

I bet Konami aiming to sell 2 copies from those who can't wait. Get sale from console ver, then get sale from PC ver when someone mod dinosaurs on it. I hope there is pre-order discount on Steam.

Mifec

Look how long ground zeroes took for pc. Yeah...

This argument would make sense if the game wasn't 6 months from release and if they already didn't have GZ ported to PC.

2 weeks is literally nothing when it comes to that.

Color me pleasantly surprised, was expecting a much later date for PC. Still find this almost too good to be true and worry about delays.

GZ PC and GTA made me skeptical of optimistic PC port release dates.

Nzyme32

Color me pleasantly surprised, was expecting a much later date for PC. Still find this almost too good to be true and worry about delays.

GZ PC and GTA made me skeptical of optimistic PC port release dates.

Not sure about pricing in your region - but consider GTA is £39, and this is £59. God I hate business Konami

Skele7on

Banned
Anyone of you that moans needs to remember this could have easily just not happened.

Two weeks is no time at all to wait in comparison to never getting the game.

I wish you could pay a little more to get all the DLC present on the console collector's edition, currently you only get some of the DLC but not the full DLC package.

Spookie

Two weeks is fuck all at the end of the day. The £60 price tag is hillarious though. Fuck paying full price for that.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Two weeks is a short enough period of time to make it really dumb that they don't just go day-and-date with the console versions.

It's obvious they're trying to prevent piracy by...making them wait two weeks I guess? If they weren't going to buy the game on PC, they are not going to buy a console + game just for it. The MGS fans and people interested in the product were already going to buy it day one, so I really don't see who Konami is trying to sweep with this move.

Maybe it was a deal with Sony and MS to maximize console profits?

It's obvious they're trying to prevent piracy by...making them wait two weeks I guess? If they weren't going to buy the game on PC, they are not going to buy a console + game just for it. The MGS fans and people interested in the product were already going to buy it day one, so I really don't see who Konami is trying to sweep with this move.

Maybe it was a deal with Sony and MS to maximize console profits?
LOL at the bolded.

I agree that it might be related to the piracy issue on PC.

Top Bottom