• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Coming to PC September 15th

Corgi

Banned
Piracy on PC no doubt

If someone owns a Xbox one or ps4 and a PC, they will be tempted to just download it on PC

That 2 week gap with a huge marketing push will make people cough up the dough :)

Never understood this. If you were gonna pirate it anyways... it being delayed 2 weeks won't magically make you go buy the game at 60 pounds on consoles.

BIGWORM

0348_88jxq.gif

Lime

lol @ £59.99. Fuck this industry. (not that I'm particularly interested in this game, I just think it's fucking ridiculous to charge that much for a PC game)

The game is also coming on PS3 and X360 as well so if someone really wants to pirate it they can still do so and play the game on it. Obviously it won't be the same as the current gen versions but there's that.

Really? MGSV is on PS3/360? For some reason, I thought it was next-gen only.

Paxem

Banned
If there is a real difference in graphics then I will get the PC version, other than this PS4 version for me

PnCIa

2 more weeks for a fuck awesome version with potential improvements etc...worth the wait! :)
Now, about that MGSHD collection for PC??!!

RK9039

lol @ £59.99. Fuck this industry. (not that I'm particularly interested in this game, I just think it's fucking ridiculous to charge that much for a PC game)

It's not just for PC, that's the standard price for the 'Day one edition' for all platforms expect last gen. It seems like people haven't noticed yet. I didn't realize people buy next-gen games for that kind of price, lmao.

Mifec

Are people seriously willing to pay 60 pounds for a game?

wow

Console games in Croatia cost around 110$, the non CE ones. Has been like this for years. I usually just buy games for my unemployed friends because of the disgusting prices.

b0bbyJ03

Fuck, its gonna be hard to not get it on ps4 since i know all my friends will be telling me how awesome it is but I didn't get a 980 to let it sit idle while i play multiplats on my ps4.

As much as i want to have another game push my 970, still getting this for PS4. MGS has always been my go to ps franchise (that and getting in on that $40 walmart preorder) helped make my decision

Lime

Console games in Croatia cost around 110$, the non CE ones. Has been like this for years. I usually just buy games for my unemployed friends because of the disgusting prices.

Damn, that's crazy to hear. How much you think this will cost in Croatia? $150?

UnrealEck

lol people can't wait 2 weeks for the superior version. People are even saying they'll forego the PC version for brand loyalty.

The 2 week extra wait isn't what's bothering me, it's the price. That's some EA bullshit right there. Actually it's worse than EA's bullshit if they're forcing you to buy the 'deluxe' version.
Basically 'deluxe' version means 'we took shit out of the game and kept it aside so we can charge people extra on top of the game they've just bought to have that shit back in their game'.

Corgi

Banned
lol now that I think about it... playing through all the MGS games the last few months... cost me about $40 total. Gonna be weird paying full price for this... but from what is known... this isn't gonna be a short linear game.

King_Moc

Banned
Annoying, but I can live with it. Lol at that price though, I'm sure green man gaming will help us out at some point before launch.

I know a lot of people who will wait those 2 weeks just to play piracy version on PC

But others are saying FU*#$ it! Will buy on PS4

So perhaps this tactic will work

Nzyme32

Whoa. If it isn't a typo and actually £59.99, I refuse to buy it. £39.99 is the highest I would go, just as I do for every other game

Mifec

I don't get it though, lords of shadow 2 also published by konami was 60 on consoles but 50 on Steam.

So what gives, is the price increased just because it's metal gear?

Price is ridiculous, and I can't imagine how they justify the delay. Spoilers are going to be everywhere the moment the game comes out; PC-only people are going to have to go full Amish for two weeks.

Feeling good about my plan to get the PS4 version day one and double dip on the PC version a few Steam sales down the line right now.

UnrealEck

I know a lot of people who will wait those 2 weeks just to play piracy version on PC

But others are saying FU*#$ it! Will buy on PS4

So perhaps this tactic will work

And perhaps it just infuriates people out of their planned purchase of the game on any platform.

Zafir

It's not just for PC, that's the standard price for the 'Day one edition' for all platforms expect last gen. It seems like people haven't noticed yet. I didn't realize people buy next-gen games for that kind of price, lmao.

Only the RRP, which in the UK, isn't the price it's sold for in shops. Unless it's on digital store fronts. Which leads onto the issue here. No one's going to pay that price on Steam. I don't pay that price for digital copies on PSN or XBL either, for reference.

The only way I'm going to buy it is if there's a physical version that's being sold for less than RRP in online stores.

Top Bottom