• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmented

Banned
Pretty sure its Big Boss w/ Eye patch and Patch

What kind of gun is that? And what era?

Old Snake? Maybe meant Old Big Boss?

I think that's an FN FNC.

1196573982337314453.jpg

LiK

Is that a bullshot? Or is it just the CG render visual for the game? I don't think anyone ever said that was a screenshot form what was actually shown...

probably just a CG render teaser. dunno why people automatically think it's a screenshot.

Is that a bullshot? Or is it just the CG render visual for the game? I don't think anyone ever said that was a screenshot form what was actually shown...

The portrait aspect is making me think it's actually an iPhone screenshot. (I don't get it either, the last few games have been announced with CG promo art.).

The Famitsu article clearly says that while what was shown was a demo for the Fox Engine, it is not a normal tech demo. Instead what they're showing off is an actual open world sneaking game in development now. The engine supports current-gen consoles, and is also supposed to be able to scale to next-gen in future.
I mentioned the same a page ago.

I just thought it was strange showing what I traditionally think of as a tech demo (big on tech, little in the way of gameplay) in 2012 specced to 2005 hardware. This is more a little of both. Engine and game demo.

shaowebb

The Famitsu article clearly says that while what was shown was a demo for the Fox Engine, it is not a normal tech demo. Instead what they're showing off is an actual open world sneaking game in development now. The engine supports current-gen consoles, and is also supposed to be able to scale to next-gen in future.

Thank you for this.

Truth be told I missed out on the entire Metal Gear Franchise. I've never played a single one and I even won a copy of MGS2 from the Free to a good home thread, but never got to it due to other stuff I was tied up with both in school and in games. This game has me wanting to change that because I am loving this game engine and I must experience it for myself one way or another. The Fox Engine just looks that amazing.

Bossun

Well the one Motion Capture actor let it slip that the work was done and the game shoulld be out anywhere from the end of next year or beginning of 2014

(Loosely recalled from memory)

God no this is soo long (not really but I just can't wait for MGS)

duckroll

I mentioned the same a page ago.

I just thought it was strange showing what I traditionally think of as a tech demo (big on tech, little in the way of gameplay) in 2012 specced to 2005 hardware. This is more a little of both. Engine and game demo.

To be honest, I find it really hard to believe that the PC is actually on PS3/360 hardware spec. It's probably just marketing talk to make their intentions easier to understand for the people attending. More realistically it would be a PC on modern hardware, with settings scaled back to what is realistically achievable on PS3/360. That's more believable to me.

There is no trailer. They showed an actual gameplay demo. They could put that online in HD if they really want to impress people, but this is Japan so I won't hold my breath. It seems almost certain at this point that they will cut an actual trailer for TGS though.

Kojima does have a PAX panel on Saturday hosted by Keighley titled "Past, Present, and the Future of METAL GEAR" on Saturday. Though that seems like wishful thinking at this point.

Tookay

Thank you for this.

Truth be told I missed out on the entire Metal Gear Franchise. I've never played a single one and I even won a copy of MGS2 from the Free to a good home thread, but never got to it due to other stuff I was tied up with both in school and in games. This game has me wanting to change that because I am loving this game engine and I must experience it for myself one way or another. The Fox Engine just looks that amazing.

hbFGb.jpg

Please.

LiK

To be honest, I find it really hard to believe that the PC is actually on PS3/360 hardware spec. It's probably just marketing talk to make their intentions easier to understand for the people attending. More realistically it would be a PC on modern hardware, with settings scaled back to what is realistically achievable on PS3/360. That's more believable to me.

damn right, i don't think they would limit their tech to 5+ year old console specs for a major demo like this.

KingJ2002

thanks for the clarification.

I assume that this demo is possible to be ported across the board from X360/PS3

all the way up to Wii U/PS4/Xbox 720.

but...

I can't imagine this open world mgs title to be released soon... to release two MGS titles within a year seems like overkill IMO... i can't see a new MGS title coming as soon as late next year... especially if they plan on introducing a new open world aspect... stuff like that you introduce in a new generation where people are expecting new experiences.

KAOz

Short bus special
I thought it was Solid who dyed his hair dark

No, he only asks for a pair of scissors to cut his hair.

Most of the confusion of that comes from the fact that his hair is light in the artwork used as the briefing. But that is probably due to making his hair visible in the dark surroundings used anyway.

So, nope. None dyes their hair. Don't even think Liquid does it. It was done to set them apart by Kojima. Also, could be explained that it got a bit bleached from all the time in the Middle East.

Oh god, why do I know this!?

BadWolf

No, he only asks for a pair of scissors to cut his hair.

Most of the confusion of that comes from the fact that his hair is light in the artwork used as the briefing. But that is probably due to making his hair visible in the dark surroundings used anyway.

So, nope. None dyes their hair. Don't even think Liquid does it. It was done to set them apart by Kojima. Also, could be explained that it got a bit bleached from all the time in the Middle East.

Oh god, why do I know this!?

Solidus is the one who did it, Snake calls him out on this in MGS2.

From Fox Two Phantoms Were Born

2 phantoms being Liquid and Snake.
I'm just going with the obvious stretch here.

Then it would be three phantoms (Solidus too).

Its probably Big Boss and Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom