• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Current-gen game confirmed, the demo was on a PC based on PS3/360 hardware specs
Lol.
FUck yes
1124tvb.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They don't show his eyes yet so people can still speculate which Snake it is.

Tookay

Wouldn't put too much credence in the Old Snake twitter comment. Journo is probably just as confused as we are (maybe even more so).

iLLmAtlc

By Old Snake I think he means older looking Snake. That leads me to believe the game might stretch a long time period or something.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Open world sneaking? I dunno man, it can become something but I preferred the more tighter rooms in MGS...

KAOz

Short bus special
If this takes place sometime after Peace Walker, shouldn't he begin to age soon? I mean, PW is 10 years after Virtuous Mission. And he still looks as young and spry as ever.

At least give him some grey streaks damnit! Please! Just to make him look even more badass. Like salt and pepper hair or something.

duckroll

Ducky seems to have confirmed it's a game so it don't matter now. But that's not really applicable. One is new hardware the other came out in 2005.

The Famitsu article clearly says that while what was shown was a demo for the Fox Engine, it is not a normal tech demo. Instead what they're showing off is an actual open world sneaking game in development now. The engine supports current-gen consoles, and is also supposed to be able to scale to next-gen in future.

duckroll

I hope to God they're not saving the trailer for TGS :( I need this today KojiPro!

There is no trailer. They showed an actual gameplay demo. They could put that online in HD if they really want to impress people, but this is Japan so I won't hold my breath. It seems almost certain at this point that they will cut an actual trailer for TGS though.

sTeLioSco

Banned
http://www.4gamer.net/games/182/G018205/20120830041/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/30020414.html

- Current-gen game confirmed, the demo was on a PC based on PS3/360 hardware specs

- Story hints in the script include "soldiers who cannot return home", "Paz" and "Mother Base".

- 4Gamer and Famitsu can't seem to decide if its Ground Zero or Ground Zeroes. Lol.

then we are just looking at a bullshot....

1.the aa wont be like that on current gen consoles.
2.and textures on the character are too high detail,considering it will be open world with more stuff in the memory than a corridor shooter.gears/uncharted/god of war have less detail textures on their main characters and aren't open world.the tech demo could be impressive on a pc but it will be different in current gen.

KingJ2002

So the demo was aimed at current gen tech... could this game possibly show up on the Wii U while the other versions are being developed for Xbox 720 & PS4?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I wonder why we're seeing brown haired Big Boss and not the grey haired pony tailed Diamond Dog variety? Prologue perhaps?

Well, I'm really hoping for a trailer at TGS or some screenshots of the gameplay demo! The game sounds really cool, but I don't care much for renders.

duckroll

then we are just looking at a bullshot....

1.the aa wont be like that on current gen consoles.
2.and textures on the character are too high detail,considering it will be open world with more stuff in the memory than a corridor shooter.gears/uncharted/god of war have less detail textures on their main characters.

Is that a bullshot? Or is it just the CG render visual for the game? I don't think anyone ever said that was a screenshot form what was actually shown...

Abylim

Gotta admit, I'd prefer some more Solid Snake, but I'll take Big Boss, too.

?I discovered recently that Naked Snake is perhaps my favourite, but I have a special spot for solid!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They can release it for whatever the fuck they want, as long as there's a PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom