• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Well, let's wait for the demo first...

For the game? Sure. But as an Animator I want to play with this engine. This looks amazing and its the first engine that seems to be doing something as powerful as they say on a current spec PC if the tweets about what was said are true. This is the kind of thing folks that work with high end models would love to get their hands on.
I sincerely doubt that image was a real-time render. :)

Ordinarily, I'd agree but the tweets from the guys in the industry who were actually there at the show having what they were seeing described to them attest otherwise. They are claiming this is real time. The movie intro even went straight into gameplay from what was said on Marc Macdonald's twitter that was updating from the show floor. If this is as real as it sounds from all the evidence then we got a major powerhouse of an engine to look forward to games from. I've said it a ton, but GOD I want them to license this thing out to developers. Industry changer if they got an engine that can put out this much on current spec computers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@ItCameFromJapan 12:55 AM
Sorry for the delayed tweet - distracted by the wine. #MGS Ground Zeroes on Fox Engine - rich detail, open world, and Old Snake is back!

Slime

Banned
MSF badge pretty blatantly implies Big Boss, though I wonder if MG1-era Outer Heaven soldiers would wear them as well in a retconned canon. Could be young Solid Snake after having stolen a uniform (Kojima loves misleading us).

Edit: Wait, Old Snake? Eep.

Leckan

metalwayq0.jpg

fred_o.gif

I hope this is good but I really don't know how Kojima will handle making an Open World game.

I mean wasn't a lot of the pre-release hype about MGS4 touting a lot of the 'open' features of the battlefield which we all know ended up being trivial at best.

Esura

Banned
I remember that he had his own trilogy. Plus the first 2 Metal Gear games.

No reason Big Boss cant get more spotlight, he has only had 1 console game and some handheld titles.
Solid Snake got a trilogy? Where? The only canonical MGS game he was the main character in was MGS1 and 4. MGS2 was all Raiden. Not only did Big Boss have a whole console game but he had not one, but two canon (not just some handheld titles) portable games . And now he got another console game on the way. He might as well be considered the main character of the entire series now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom