• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Released 10 Years Ago

Robb

Gold Member
How do you feel about Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots coming out 16 years ago?
anigif_enhanced-27167-1429660890-2.gif

I can't cope with how fast time is flying by these days. This September we get to live the dreaded "I'm afraid it's been... 9 years." Make it stop make it stop fuck tuck fuck

Brigandier

I remember the GZ reveal trailer and was hyped as fuck when snake is shown climbing the mountain and the music kicks in... Loved GZ and I liked PP until about half way when the near silent monotonous fake snake started to bore the life out of me.

It just didn't feel like a MGS game and it was disgustingly overrated

elementalnocturne

Neo Member
The level design in GZ was top tier MGS content. Ultimately Kojima’s ambitions exceeded what he was able to pull off in the final product.

Still loved TPP as an open world stealth sandbox but it fails to satisfy what GZ and its own opening prologue set up.

I remember not being happy about this, skipped it and waited for phantom pain. Ended up playing ground zeroes later as part of some deluxe mega bundle, and I have to say, I’m soooool glad I skipped it. Worthless imo, the fact they charged for this is insanity. Phantom pain was good tho, ridiculous story aside, best gameplay and mechanics in the series bar none.

FeralEcho

Time flies,just the other day I realised Uncharted 2 is almost 15 years old....and Bloodborne is almost 10 years old...

It's almost as much time since release as Uncharted 2 compared to MGS on PS1...

Top Bottom