• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Pro patch coming tomorrow

fersnake

im guessing 2k/60fps, and all the goodies of the pc version.

i really hate this late pro patches because they're are out just for X1X, this patch months ago would had been really nice.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I've said it many times, the X1X is the best thing to happen to the Pro. Every game a company revisits for the X1X enhancement could potentially be further enhancement to the Pro.

Even just adding PC level LOD would be a nice upgrade. SSR would be nice too.

Afrikan

I've had this game since launch, but never played it. I'm going to be to experience this for the first time in it's best quality. :D

Hopefully Ground Zero get this patch, or at least you would think so.

pretty interesting and actually kinda cool to see the game still receive support. even the FOB support to this day has been a bit unexpected. most of it made sense to promote MB Coins and was probably not very expensive to produce, but I would have thought that they would have stopped with updates before the last few presuming FOBs just slowed down, at least before a couple things like playable Ocelot for FOBs or even just a few less new camouflage. maybe the MB Coins still sell decently tho.

Never played it yet. Is it 60 fps on base hardware? Regardless this patch will probably be 1440p with slight improvements to frame rate drops in areas. I wouldn't bet on anything more than that. HDR is a Longshot although it would be nice.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Awesome. Played this on PC but more Pro support the better.

Really want Dying Light to get a patch.

I installed the patch and tried it on a 1080p tv.

I notice nothing different. It's probably so subtle that you would only be able to tell if you saw the pro/base versions side by side.

Why did I buy a PS4 pro again? oh well.

Played the game with the installed patch some minutes ago and there seems to be a litte boost in resolution. AF still sucks.

Rellik

I own the game on disk. If I get the digital version will the save work?

I know this isn't really an answer, but I noticed yesterday that when I was in the Hidden Games menu on my PS4, I now had 2 separate listings for this game. 1 for physical and 1 for digital. I hope the saves aren't like that either.

I own the game on disk. If I get the digital version will the save work?
It works even when the save file is from the standard version and you buy the digital complete edition. In this case the game asks if you want to use your old save file.

vkbest

I know this isn't really an answer, but I noticed yesterday that when I was in the Hidden Games menu on my PS4, I now had 2 separate listings for this game. 1 for physical and 1 for digital. I hope the saves aren't like that either.

MGS 5 Phantom Pain and MGS V Definitive Experience have different saves, and console recognize it like different games.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
A radeon 390x with a mid/top end intel CPU gets an average of 50 fps at 1440p

It would be impressive if the patch enables 1440p 60fps.

Neizel

A radeon 390x with a mid/top end intel CPU gets an average of 50 fps at 1440p

It would be impressive if the patch enables 1440p 60fps.

That's considering all settings maxed out. PS4 has some graphical adjustments that are even lower than low preset.

Going from very high to high I could play at 3200x1800 with 75%~ of GPU usage. R9 290X and i5-2500K. Probably can do 4K lowering another taxing setting to PS4 levels.

You were implying that only PC plays host to the best version of a game. That’s something a PC elitist would say. So, you know, shut up.
Do you want to try again?

The user said he wanted the best version of the game -- then said he didn't want the best version of the game. He was clearly lying.

Top Bottom