• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Pro patch coming tomorrow

Osukaa

I need to get a damn PS4 Pro... Ive been eyeing the Destiny 2 one so hopefully I can get a deal this holiday season, then I can finally play MSGV.

Symphonia

Banned
Do you want to try again?

The user said he wanted the best version of the game -- then said he didn't want the best version of the game. He was clearly lying.
YOU said/implied the PC version is the best version. Logic dictates that you’d apply that to every game. I don’t need to try again. Now shoo, you’re boring me.

Isn't the best possible version subjective to an individuals setup and what they are the most comfortable with? Some people prefer to play on computer, others prefer to play on console. It's that simple.
That is not we are discussing.

YOU said/implied the PC version is the best version. Logic dictates that you'd apply that to every game. I don't need to try again. Now shoo, you're boring me.
lmao, there are versions where the PC version is not the best version of every game. Devil May Cry 3 on PS3/360 is better than the Steam version.

Your logic is shitty.

Entroyp

Do NOT do that. Wait for a PS5. PS4Pro is not a substantial upgrade and is just trash.

It was a nice upgrade to me after getting my 4k TV, nice power bump For a great price. Not sure what are you basing that comment on.

For a ‘substantial’ upgrade I would buy a 1000+ PC but I’m not spending that kind of money on games.

Zimmy68

Sort of off topic.

I own the disc version and have PS Plus.

I went to add it from the store, it added it but will not start without the disc for some reason.

Anyone have that issue?

Rare Pepe

Neo Member
Sort of off topic.

I went to add it from the store, it added it but will not start without the disc for some reason.

Anyone have that issue?

Different SKU. Sony is still backwards like that, disk and digital still consider as different games. Sometimes even save files won't work between them. If you want to play without disk, you will probably have to download whole game.

BTW, patch is UP, 180Mb. So probably no new textures, just a res bump.

Edit: no HDR, resolution seems higher than 1080p, but doesn't look sharp enough to be 4k. Don't have a save file on PS4, since I played on PC. Need to get to gameplay portion to see how sharp image is.

DonF

I need to get a damn PS4 Pro... Ive been eyeing the Destiny 2 one so hopefully I can get a deal this holiday season, then I can finally play MSGV.

If you can sell your og ps4 for a nice price, its a cool upgrade. I would not recommend it if you don't have a 4k tv. The upscaler on the ps4 pro, even if the game doesn't support the ps4pro, is WAY better than the upscaler of the tv. I notice way better I Q even in games that dont have pro patch. Besides that, boost mode is awesome, makes old games feel better.

kunonabi

Sort of off topic.

Anyone have that issue?

You have to delete the disc version from your PS4 then download the digital one.

knerl

this post is useless

doesn't have Pro, wants Pro patch

wut?

Some pro patches aren't very good. Depends largely on the titles though. Most games I personally have with one are definitely worth it. If not boost mode makes many games that used to dip below 30fps on the base machine stay at 30fps or higher. In many cases though I'd rather take a higher framerate and keep the original visual fidelity @ 1080p. Then again this is also very dependent on the title in question thanks to the weak CPU. My only hate towards the Pro is the damn noise level which has been a big issue for Sony this gen. While MUCH better than previous models Wolfenstein 2 makes it sound like the original where you have to listen to the damn fan rev up and down all the time while constantly emitting a loud whining sound which is driving me crazy. For fuck sake. Use an external PSU and use the extra space for better cooling perhaps?. They've had so many chances to fix this. Makes it feel cheap and quite frankly it completely destroys any chance of entertainment.

In short. While definitely worth it over the base PS4 it's rushed, cheap and somewhat overlooked/underused by Sony. Most of the library available should have support for it.

EDIT: Totally misread the quoted text, but hey.

Kamina

Golden Boy
It does according to VG Tech. 1440p at 60 fps. Looks great on my 4K screen and I noticed immediately how there were less jaggies on the game.
From a video i saw on youtube it also looked like certain draw distances are slightly enhanced, like shadows for example.

Vossler

1440p for the Pro makes sense -- It really does have a tough time on multi-plat 4K games. I'm still looking to get one on BF though, just for GT Sport.

elfinke

Nice. I've had this just... sitting in my to do list for yonks now, I might finally put D3 to rest for five minutes and make a start on this.

Unknown?

1440p for the Pro makes sense -- It really does have a tough time on multi-plat 4K games. I'm still looking to get one on BF though, just for GT Sport.
Yeah on multiplatform games but Uncharted is also “only” 1440p and looks better than most 4K games I’ve seen. GT Sport In 1800c is the most realistic looking game I’ve ever seen!

Yeah on multiplatform games but Uncharted is also “only” 1440p and looks better than most 4K games I’ve seen. GT Sport In 1800c is the most realistic looking game I’ve ever seen!

The Pro was constructed with Checkerboard in mind. Running the game at 1440p has a similar processing cost than running at 4K CBR. 1440P or close is a no effort endeavor, probably the easiest way to upgrade a game from PS4 to PS4 Pro. The XBX is more powerful so that's why you get better native resolution.

It's a shame that developers don't use CBR or other reconstruction techniques. I think they work great.

How do u guys verify if it's 1440p on PS4 pro?

Sadly I'm one of those people who owns a 4k set/ps pro yet can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080p most of the time....let alone 1440p

Ubername

Banned
Anyone else tried starting a new game with the patch? It freezes to a black screen for me and the audio comes in like a minute later. Is this happening to anyone else? Tried it twice before work and the same thing.

Top Bottom