• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V steelbook (Shinkawa art)

I don't understand why they font use shinkawa art for every mgs box art. His art is sublime.

100% Agreed man. Seriously, the man has such a unique art style that not only looks amazing but is synonymous with Metal Gear, yet they chose the side of a rendered head and an obnoxious V.

SerTapTap

What the fuck! I would throw my collector's edition preorder in the garbage for this, just give me a proper goddamn Shinkawa cover art.

Why does EU always get the nice Steelbooks? It always seems to me that even a game doesn't have a limited edition with a Steelbook, there's usually a retailer or two in EU that has an exclusive Steelbook edition. As an American consumer who literally has bought limited editions of games only because of the Steelbook they come with, it's annoying as all hell.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo this hasn't been on sale yet or should I get my wallet ready for some good ol' day one scalping? :/
Usually these Amazon.de steelbooks are not very limited at all...

LAA

Hope its available in the UK.. (Just PLEASE not Game for the love of God!)
The normal cover art is just such a lazy effort and I don't understand it. Even the promotional art when MGSV was shown at E3 was even better than just...a black background with Big Boss's face on?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
There will be no way to get this in the US and I'll be forever sad. Hopefully we at least get a reversible cover like GZ had.

I really wish the Collector's Edition steelbook was using this design...

This. I'm spending £100 on the highest level thing they're offering in my region, the least they could do is not tell me "oh, you're not buying the standard edition from a specific place too? Guess you don't get this fan-favourite thing." Jesus Christ. I'm not buying this on top of the collector's, I can't afford that, and that's a big disappointment to me that I won't get it. This is one of those things I can't stand with all these different editions of games.

Laputa_94

5511296+_104663261937cbc0ef69e2cf254bc5d5.gif

Woffls

Thanks so much for posting that. Pre-ordered from ShopTo immediately.

If it goes to Amazon UK then I'll get it from there instead as I have a bunch of gift cards to use.

goonergaz

at shopto is the steelbook an extra item? I've already got the game on pre-order for £30 on PS4 so I'm thinking of ordering the PS3 version @ £30 on PS3 and selling the game on...

FLD

Damnit, why don't we get Shinkawa covers on the regular editions anymore? :(

They're so much better and all the series' cover art has been fucking godawful since MGS4.

TL21xx

Banned
That's an awesome cover. Shinkawa's artwork is what made MGS2's box scream at me to play the game back in the day; it's really a shame that they don't use it more out here in the US. I plopped down the extra cash on the friggin' Risk game for the art, if this makes its way out here in any form, I'm down.

Top Bottom