• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V steelbook (Shinkawa art)

I tweeted the UK equivalent of Tora (the Konami rep that posts here) and she said "Please check the major games retailers in your territory within the next couple of weeks :)".

Hopefully it'll just be added to my order from TGC. So annoying that only ShopTo, Hitari and one other UK retailer lists it at the moment, all with £45-£55 prices and none with reputation for as early delivery as TGC and SimplyGames.

Shy

I tweeted the UK equivalent of Tora (the Konami rep that posts here) and she said "Please check the major games retailers in your territory within the next couple of weeks :)".

Hopefully it'll just be added to my order from TGC. So annoying that only ShopTo, Hitari and one other UK retailer lists it at the moment, all with £45-£55 prices and none with reputation for as early delivery as TGC and SimplyGames.
I just hope it's not fucking GAME.

TP-DK

Just preordered this from Shopto. What a terrible way they have made it. It doesn't confirm that the preorder went through, it doesn't let you choose the payment and it hides the preoder in a seperate section away from your orders.

Still no more concrete news about this for UK? Still only ShopTo and Hitari listing it, and both with £42 and £46 price points.

I've paid £32.29 for the game, so can't complain really, but that steelbook just looks too shiny and nice and Shinkawa.

Replicant

Us and Euro usually get different kind of Steelbook. Why take any chances? I ordered both. /Maniac grin

Also boxset usually have different Steelbook from standalone one. FF Type-0 has Gold Steelbook in the CE and a colored one as Standalone steelbook release.

https://twitter.com/ParodiSu who works for Konami UK, said that the Shinkawa Steelbook will be an Amazon exclusive in the UK.

Which is curious considering Amazon haven't said anything yet, and ShopTo and Hitari claim to have it included it as well haha.

I'll just stick with my SimplyGames via Rakuten order and try and get the Shinkawa steelbook afterwards, perhaps alongside the PS3 copy and then I'll just sell that or return it or something.

sjay1994

For the record, a steelbook is mentioned in the Collector's Edition. The art used is clearly placeholder, so I'd say it's a fair bet to assume this steelbook will be included in the Collector's Edition.

I want you to be right, but you are probably wrong.

nib95

Banned
https://twitter.com/ParodiSu who works for Konami UK, said that the Shinkawa Steelbook will be an Amazon exclusive in the UK.

Which is curious considering Amazon haven't said anything yet, and ShopTo and Hitari claim to have it included it as well haha.

I'll just stick with my SimplyGames via Rakuten order and try and get the Shinkawa steelbook afterwards, perhaps alongside the PS3 copy and then I'll just sell that or return it or something.

is it possible ShopTo will be offering a different steel book? I'm also keeping my SimplyGames pre-order till I figure out more details.

is it possible ShopTo will be offering a different steel book? I'm also keeping my SimplyGames pre-order till I figure out more details.

More likely Konami don't know what the fuck they're doing, as usual, and are getting confused with Amazon.de.

Sakujou

Banned
Yup, I need this. The regular box art is mediocre as fuck.

The fact that they don't always use Shinkawa art for the cover continues to blow my mind.

this.

why did they start this shit with mgs4?

mgs1-3 had shinkawa artwork.
why did they change that with mgs4?
i dont get that.

10647082-1351682606-150166.jpg

this was cool too...

I am hoping people will be selling this on ebay or something. I don't have the funds really to preorder a European copy and sell back the game, and I'm not even sure that would be cheaper than just buying it from someone.

Maybe someone will sell it on the B/S/T thread, I'm definitely okay with spending $20-ish dollars just for it, just need someone to be selling.

Kindekuma and shagg_187's custom cover helps a lot, but the inside art and the simple fact that the box itself is of a unique material appeals to me. I really hope we get some more information on the collector's edition steelbook. I don't actually mind the Afghanistan CG render there, but having the Ground Zeroes render too seems lazy and uninspired for a steelbook design (lazy for a regular boxart too in my opinion).

If it turned out that it was an uninspired mock up and the final box was the European steelbook or something else cool that would be awesome.

Was this cleared up by now?
Just canceled my amazon.co.uk order as they make no mention of the Steelbook edition. Ordered from shopto now.

I'm actually from Germany and could order the one in the OP but amazon.de requires 18-rated titles to be received in person...

edit: only image I could find on the shopto website:
o1tvvoj.png

daftstar

Dammit I really want this. There's no retailer offering it in Canada.. If anyone gets a hold of one here, I'll pay you.

Anyone know if the steelbook versions are shipping yet? Seems like people are getting shipping confirmations for regular orders (at least in the UK), but I haven't heard anything about the steelbooks.

My order on amazon hasn't been sent yet, but it said it's in preparation (so it's not on pre-order status anymore, just hope that they'll send it today so i can have it tomorrow morning)

Top Bottom